Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-27-2017

Ravens can't believe their luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Millhouse - 04-27-2017

Hooker just got picked up by Indy.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-27-2017

As deep as this draft is in DEs, only 2 are off the board so far. That bodes well for us in the later rounds.

We could still get Mixon in the 2nd, and pick up a decent DE in the 3rd or 4th. Then take the K out of Arizona State in the 5th. By then we would have gotten 2 offensive game changers, a DE that we needed and the best K in the draft.

Remember last year how pissed everyone was about Vigil in the 3rd? Then that draft didn't turn out to be so bad. There is still alot of good that can come from this draft.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Au165 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:02 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Na, people get too hung up on the speed metric. Take it with a grain of salt. If you don't know how to play, i don't care how fast you run, you are not going to make it in the nfl..

What Ross does well is accelerates up field then brakes off the route with a dig or an out. He will be effective in off coverage.I have concerns over his ability to beat press, however we can scheme that away through formations and motion.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - CJD - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:58 PM)matmaven Wrote: Have they torn an ACL and an MCL on different occasions?

No. But Allen has serious shoulder injury concerns and Hooker had surgery this off season (and we were never going to draft a safety. The people who thought we were are delusional).

Ross may have had surgery on his knees, but he has been medically cleared by the Bengals, so there is no reason to be concerned.

Clearly, Allen did not receive the same medical clearance.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Whatever - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:00 PM)J24 Wrote: That's without Green and Eifert though. Also our offensive line sucks so our offense will still have its issues that a WR won't solve.  You draft Allen our defense is automatically a top 3 unit. Also our Defensive line is old Geno 29, MJ 30, Dunlap 28, Gillberry 32.  We need defensive help.

Eifert can't be counted on, however, and good teams always find a way to take away AJ and shut our offense down.  

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - GodFather - 04-27-2017

If people are wondering why the pick? Well it all makes sense when you find out who are biggest scout in the front office is:

[Image: 69052637.jpg]

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - jfkbengals - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:53 PM)J24 Wrote: So who starts Lafell or Ross?

(04-27-2017, 10:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: both start.. depends on game plan.. not like teams just run two WRs out there each play

Neither.

An Erickson TD on the opening kickoff will leave us sending out Green only as our first offensive snap will be a heavy package for the two point conversion.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - jfkbengals - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:04 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: No. But Allen has serious shoulder injury concerns and Hooker had surgery this off season (and we were never going to draft a safety. The people who thought we were are delusional).

Ross may have had surgery on his knees, but he has been medically cleared by the Bengals, so there is no reason to be concerned.

Clearly, Allen did not receive the same medical clearance.
They just said it's degenerative shoulders on NFLN.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Wanted OJ Howard or Hooker or Allen.  But after a few minutes of thoughts; speed kills.  The Bengals needed speed on outside.  It will prevent safeties from sitting on AJ Green's route.  Ross will be returner and is blazing compared to Erickson.  

My guess is this:  Lattimore has hamstring issues that may be chronic.  Hamstring issues are not easy fixes and can linger for the career.  Hooker and Allen has medical concerns.  I still think Hooker could have made Bengals secondary elite.  Allen concerned me a little because Saben tends to work his players to the bone.  Same goes with Foster, the backer.  Which brings me to Howard.  Why not Howard for leverage against Eifert who cannot stay on the field.  Well, there are plenty of very good TE in this draft.

For 9th pick the player has to have something special.  Ross has elite speed.  Once in a generation type of speed.  Problem will be keeping Dalton off his back to utilize this speed.  The team will need not only a RB that can block but will bring safeties up in the box.  Then Ross can be used in seem routes.  

Between Hooker and Ross?  Both have medical concerns; Ross seemingly significant issues.  With Davis gone, I do not see a WR with elite speed and smooth route running left.  Ross is not a track star trying to become a football player.  That is what Al Davis would choose.  Ross is a football player with once in a generation speed. Very Rare.  We will see if he stays healthy.
Makes me wonder why they signed LaFell.  Did they give up on Boyd?

Great post as usual Psych. Hey i got my guy even if i liked Allen just as much or more.

This guy is a football player, all around great Wide Receiver that can play all the spots, outside or in the Slot, can be a great returner etc.

(04-27-2017, 11:02 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Na, people get too hung up on the speed metric. Take it with a grain of salt. If you don't know how to play, i don't care how fast you run, you are not going to make it in the nfl..

Ah, that is why you name yourself off of a Punter...

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Joelist - 04-27-2017

Rats pick Marlon Humphrey - another DB.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - PikesPeakUC - 04-27-2017

Interesting by the Ravens. Didn't think Humphrey would be the first Bama guy off the board.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2017

Humphrey the first Bama guy

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Bengal Dude - 04-27-2017

The Bengals wanted Coleman and Fuller last year. They never got to address their need for speed. 

Now they have it. 

For those wondering. The Bengals did not get calls for of a trade when they were on the clock. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Whatever - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: As deep as this draft is in DEs, only 2 are off the board so far. That bodes well for us in the later rounds.

We could still get Mixon in the 2nd, and pick up a decent DE in the 3rd or 4th. Then take the K out of Arizona State in the 5th. By then we would have gotten 2 offensive game changers, a DE that we needed and the best K in the draft.

Remember last year how pissed everyone was about Vigil in the 3rd? Then that draft didn't turn out to be so bad. There is still alot of good that can come from this draft.

DE is so deep this year.  The 2nd round guys are late 1st's in your average draft class.  That's a big reason teams are looking at other positions in the 1st.  They know they can get a good one in 2-3.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:04 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Ross may have had surgery on his knees, but he has been medically cleared 

He did run that 4.22 post surgery so I'm not concerned about the knees. And he is larger than Desean Jackson and Antonio Brown. I do have concerns due to his list of injuries, that raises durability issues in my mind. But many kids have had injuries in college and not been injury prone in the pros. With better conditioning and nutrition in the pros, sometimes that makes a big difference. Remember Anthony Munoz had glaring knee problems coming out of USC.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - leonardfan40 - 04-27-2017

Good thing Ross knows how to play then...

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - phil413 - 04-27-2017

I had to stop myself from dreaming of Allen because we are ignorant of his actual shoulder issues. He isn't a reason to argue.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Burma - 04-27-2017

Ravens pick one of the guys that shut down that fearsome Ross the Bengals picked. Guess his speed killed them to the tune of 5 catches, 28 yards, 0 td, and 1 fumble. Ninja

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - TKUHL - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:08 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengals wanted Coleman and Fuller last year. They never got to address their need for speed. 

Now they have it. 

For those wondering. The Bengals did not get calls for of a trade when they were on the clock. 

Source?