Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 01:05 AM)Joelist Wrote: It wasn't knee jerk - it was a totally understandable reaction to us taking yet another flyer on a player with serious injury. And the last one (Og) was a catastrophe.

knee jerk...a torn labrum in the shoulder is an easily repairable injury.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Pat5775 - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 12:41 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: In Cincy, it might be another kind of celebration.  While that would be absolutely wrong, there are a whole boatload of people who despise Mike Brown.

I get that. I personally won't be doing any celebrating when Mike passes but I'll be honest, I won't feel much sadness either. Mike has done very little to earn much respect from fans or the league. Rooney did plenty... Not just wins and losses either.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Pat5775 - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 12:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: TJ Watt to the Steelers genuinely sucks.

The Browns are doing what I've always thought they should do. Build the team THEN take the QB. Not vice versa per usual.

TJ is yet another project linebacker for the steelers. They seem to do this every other year... LB is to Pittsburgh as CB is to Cincinnati 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - phil413 - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 01:01 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I would replace Guard with Tackle. Lamp would be a steel.

Can't go wrong with himat any position. If they can deal with his frame at tackle, I'd give the comp 4th to secure him. He's the only player I'd do that for.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BengalB - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 01:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: knee jerk...a torn labrum in the shoulder is an easily repairable injury.

I agree. A torn labrum repair isn't much of a surgery/procedure.

My hubby had it done and was good a new a few months later. Disclaimer: No, he's not an NFL player but he's a man who has a manly job and uses his shoulder just as much.

I think ppl here just want to ***** because that's what some of them always do.

Give the kid a chance.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - West Union KennyG - 04-28-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I like the Ross pick. Definitely tough passing on guys like Hooker and Allen, but if Ross can stay healthy...he gives them an potentially explosive weapon across from AJ. 

Interesting to me that people aren't happy with the Ross pick. I know some people will never be happy, this just proves it. He's EXACTLY who I was hoping to get. I wanted WR last year early and believe if we had done this then we'd have been a whole lot more competitive last year. This really makes the offense and exactly what we needed and I couldn't be more happy right now and exponentially more excited about the upcoming year!!

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - phil413 - 04-28-2017

Who has a better handle on their QB position now, Jets or Browns? Browns have all the picks but do either have a plan?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Storer50 - 04-28-2017

People think the only way to protect the qb is through the o line. Quick throw to John Ross sounds deadly.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Caped Crusader - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 01:44 AM)Storer50 Wrote: People think the only way to protect the qb is through the o line. Quick throw to John Ross sounds deadly.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yep. He ran a ton of bubble routes, fades, quick hitches, comebacks, and I noticed he saved his QB PLENTY of times on bail out throws (literally just throwing it up). He is far more complete than DeSean Jackson or people give him credit for...And he has AJ Green to learn from.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - samhain - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 01:43 AM)phil413 Wrote: Who has a better handle on their QB position now, Jets or Browns?  Browns have all the picks but do either have a plan?

Yeah.  The plan is to tank and draft Sam Darnold in 2018.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Trademark - 04-28-2017

The more I think about it, the more excited I am. Green, Ross, Boyd, Lafell, Eifert (when he's healthy), Gio (when he's healthy), my goodness how can you stop that?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Caped Crusader - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 02:23 AM)Trademark Wrote: The more I think about it, the more excited I am. Green, Ross, Boyd, Lafell, Eifert (when he's healthy), Gio (when he's healthy), my goodness how can you stop that?

Right? Why I'm confused everyone is upset. Ross has AJ Green (a top 3 WR) and LaFell (a solid veteran) to learn from. I don't see how you could be upset at this. The only thing I can reason with is the injuries. Beyond that, I think people are reaching. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BengalFanInNJ - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 02:26 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Right? Why I'm confused everyone is upset. Ross has AJ Green (a top 3 WR) and LaFell (a solid veteran) to learn from. I don't see how you could be upset at this. The only thing I can reason with is the injuries. Beyond that, I think people are reaching. 

I agree. Plus there are those that knock the Bengals for not trading down. Yeah, perhaps Ross could have still been grabbed at 12, 13, 14, etc., but how do you know there were REASONABLE trades available?? Plus, what about the team that expected Ross to be there in the middle of round one and now has to go to their Plan B? Ross wasn't making it out of the first round and in a draft loaded with defensive talent, you take the offensive players first. Ross wasn't my personal choice, but I have no issues with it at all. I was screaming for Johnathan Allen but clearly a ton of teams had an issue with him since he was projected to go #2.

Trust me, 3-4 years from now half of the teams will probably regret taking the player they did and some teams will be glad they were patient and didn't make crazy moves. The draft is a total crapshoot and NOBODY knows who is going to turn out to be a great player. Although it is fun trying to guess.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-28-2017

I'm lukewarm on the pick:

It helps the team, no doubt, but I'm still in the boat that we should've went DE, either with Allen or Barnett.

Now we have 6 receivers that MUST be active on Gameday, where we would've been fine with the 5 we had active from last year.

As a result, I'm indifferent on the pick. But he'll help, no doubt.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - eoxyod - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm lukewarm on the pick:

It helps the team, no doubt, but I'm still in the boat that we should've went DE, either with Allen or Barnett.

Now we have 6 receivers that MUST be active on Gameday,  where we would've been fine with the 5 we had active from last year.

As a result, I'm indifferent on the pick. But he'll help, no doubt.

Green, Ross, Lafell, Boyd, Erikson. Why would we need 6?

(04-28-2017, 09:35 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Green, Ross, Lafell, Boyd, Erikson. Why would we need 6?

Cody Core Wink

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - matmaven - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 02:23 AM)Trademark Wrote: The more I think about it, the more excited I am. Green, Ross, Boyd, Lafell, Eifert (when he's healthy), Gio (when he's healthy), my goodness how can you stop that?

Meaningless without good Oline play.  Gave up 40+ sacks last year and lost our 2 best linemen.  

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - eoxyod - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Cody Core Wink

Nah we doubt need a bad player there when 4 clearly better options are there, and a returner

(04-28-2017, 09:43 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Nah we doubt need a bad player there when 4 clearly better options are there, and a returner

I agree that we don't need him with Ross, but you know how our coach is adamant about placing a WR on teams as the gunner  Whatever

(04-28-2017, 09:42 AM)matmaven Wrote: Meaningless without good Oline play.  Gave up 40+ sacks last year and lost our 2 best linemen.  

Just more  Cry Cry Cry

Get over it.