Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Au165 - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:42 AM)matmaven Wrote: Meaningless without good Oline play.  Gave up 40+ sacks last year and lost our 2 best linemen.  

Sacks are as much a scheme problem as a personnel problem. The patriots use scheme to keep Brady clean as they run out a crew of UDFA lineman every year. We will be okay if we get out of the idea of lining up in shotgun and slinging it 30+ times a game.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - eoxyod - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I agree that we don't need him with Ross, but you know how our coach is adamant about placing a WR on teams as the gunner  Whatever

Erikson can do that too. Plus we have 30 CBs to use on STs. Don't forget we used a first round pick on a gunner just 3 years ago

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Real Deal - 04-28-2017

The Oline will be better this year than last. OG in his natural position where he is more comfortable. Fisher actually played alrigh. I trust Dre at guard to be a road grader. And like it or not bodine HAS improved. I think the Oline will surprise a lot of people this season.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - THE PISTONS - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:49 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: The Oline will be better this year than last. OG in his natural position where he is more comfortable. Fisher actually played alrigh. I trust  Dre at guard to be a road grader. And like it or not bodine HAS improved. I think the Oline will surprise a lot of people this season.

It won't be better overall. It may be better in some aspects like running to the right...but not overall.

Whitworth played at a Pro Bowl level. Zeitler played at a top 10-12 Guard level.

No way will Ced play at a Pro Bowl level and no way will Smith play up to Zeitler level.

Bodine and Fisher may very well improve as you said.

(04-28-2017, 10:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It won't be better overall. It may be better in some aspects like running to the right...but not overall.

Whitworth played at a Pro Bowl level. Zeitler played at a top 10-12 Guard level.

No way will Ced play at a Pro Bowl level and no way will Smith play up to Zeitler level.

The issues with Ced at RT literally brought Zeitler down, especially early in the year. If Fisher and Smith are both average we actually may see a net gain.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Real Deal - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 10:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It won't be better overall. It may be better in some aspects like running to the right...but not overall.

Do you think they will give up more sacks and run for less yards than last season? Because I think both of those numbers will improve. Maybe not but that's just my gut feeling.

(04-28-2017, 10:13 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Do you think they will give up more sacks and run for less yards than last season? Because I think both of those numbers will improve. Maybe not but that's just my gut feeling.

It's really hard to say. It wasn't Whitworth and Zeitler giving up sacks and some games Whitworth was the only guy on our line that we'd pick up yards running behind.

I do think Smith at Guard improves the running game.

Interesting the Steelers passed up Foster.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 04-28-2017

Top available prospects heading into 2nd round, according to the Mel Kiper:

1. Forrest Lamp, OT, Western Kentucky
2. Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
3. Kevin King, CB, Washington
4. Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
5. DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State
6. Budda Baker, S, Washington
7. Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU
8. Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan
9. Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
10. Josh Jones, S, NC State
11. Juju Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
12. Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
13. Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
14. Marcus Maye, S, Florida
15. Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State
16. Duke Riley, OLB, LSU
17. Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
18. Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
19. D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
20. Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
21. Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn
22. Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
23. Dion Dawkins, OG, Temple
24. Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
25. Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/kipers-best-day-nfl-draft-prospects/story?id=47074039

Anyone you guys have your eye on?

I love Lamp

Also Rivers

Can we remember heading into tonight the tale of Andrew Billings last year? Everyone freaked out every time we passed on him only for him to end up here in the 4th. Just because Mayock, or Kiper, or McShay says it's a good value doesn't mean the NFL teams do. If we take someone tonight in the 2nd that isn't your guy, don't freak out simply wait. Good talent will be there in the 3rd tonight I am confident in it.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Bengal Dude - 04-28-2017

I'd love to land Lamp, but if we stick him at guard and he excels, then I expect him to walk after year 4.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-28-2017

Malik McDowell, Jordan Willis, Tyus Bowser, Basham, Walker, Rivers, Cunningham, Lamp and the two headcase RB's.

I would be happy. But as Au165 said, i will try not to freak out like i did last year when we kept passing on Billings.

Still got him in the 4th, will have to look at the draft as a whole when it is over.

Never thought in a million years we would of got WJ3 and Billings in the same draft, crazy to this day in my eyes.

(04-28-2017, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Malik McDowell, Jordan Willis, Tyus Bowser, Basham, Walker, Rivers, Cunningham, Lamp and the two headcase RB's.

I would be happy. But as Au165 said, i will try not to freak out like i did last year when we kept passing on Billings.

Still got him in the 4th, will have to look at the draft as a whole when it is over.

Never thought in a million years we would of got WJ3 and Billings in the same draft, crazy to this day in my eyes.

I have seen Basham, Walker, and Rivers all available in the 3rd based on some mocks today. A lot have a big run coming in the secondary this round along with the next tier of WRs. If Mixon/Cook are there I'd risk it and grab one of those guys in the 3rd.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 05:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: I have seen Basham, Walker, and Rivers all available in the 3rd based on some mocks today. A lot have a big run coming in the secondary this round along with the next tier of WRs. If Mixon/Cook are there I'd risk it and grab one of those guys in the 3rd.

Might be the best way to go then. Let the draft come you is always the best way to go.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Bengalholic - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Malik McDowell, Jordan Willis, Tyus Bowser, Basham, Walker, Rivers, Cunningham, Lamp and the two headcase RB's.

I'm hoping for Malik McDowell in the 2nd, but there are going to be a lot of good players to choose from.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 04:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd love to land Lamp, but if we stick him at guard and he excels, then I expect him to walk after year 4.

[Image: xx828.jpg]

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - TheUberHuber - 04-28-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:17 PM)EatonFan Wrote: He's not just a speed guy.  He runs excellent routes too.

Yeah that's what I am reading today. Sorry was a little drunk after watching that absurdly drawn out draft show. Still not happy but in theory if he stays healthy he could definitely open up our playbook.. just think there were guys that could have helped out with bigger needs...

(04-28-2017, 05:47 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Yeah that's what I am reading today. Sorry was a little drunk after watching that absurdly drawn out draft show. Still not happy but in theory if he stays healthy he could definitely open up our playbook.. just think there were guys that could have helped out with bigger needs...

What needs? Because of the EDGE players available, none were different than any 2nd round players besides MAYBE Allen and his injury concerns are scarier. Team doctors might not have cleared him.

But the drop off from WRs is huge, and WR is definitely a need seeing as how AJ is the only one that can consistently beat man coverage, and Ross gives us a long term option. Boyd is what he is as a slot receiver

(04-28-2017, 05:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm hoping for Malik McDowell in the 2nd, but there are going to be a lot of good players to choose from.

Sure are, lots of ways to go, love our first pick and i am not going to freak out like last year when we kept passing on Billings.

I swear. Mellow