Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-28-2017

Mixon is a complete RB. He has speed, elusiveness, acceleration after making a jump cut, catches the ball well...heck, he even throws it in these highlights:

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:55 PM)Gohards Wrote: Can you think about the stuff you did when you were 19 years old and drunk? My god, lighten up people.

Heard Mixon was 17.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Bengalpool - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Damn you Dolphins!!!

I wanted McMillan...

I forgot all about McMillan. Great pick for them

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Whatever - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

I don't see Mixon as that big of a risk at all.

Might be the steal of the draft.

There is a very low repeat offender rate for this kind of incident among NFL players.

I'm excited.  IMO, we got the best WR and the best RB in this class.  AJ, Ross, LaFell, Eifert, and Mixon on the same field at the same time is a DC's nightmare.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - t3r3e3 - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: Mixon is a complete RB. He has speed, elusiveness, acceleration after making a jump cut, catches the ball well...heck, he even throws it in these highlights:

He's also a completely gaping @sshole who punches women.  

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:55 PM)Gohards Wrote: Can you think about the stuff you did when you were 19 years old and drunk? My god, lighten up people.

Never got drunk at 19... hell, never been drunk in my life.

Guy's rehabilitated, great player, another pick I'm indifferent on, but it'll help the team.

Hill still is going to tear people down this year though.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-28-2017

Mixon went from 10 to 100 once provoked and it was despicable. But, afterwards, he did not lie about it my knowledge, he accepted he made a mistake and now 3 years later has had no other incidents.

I will say it again anyone who has ever in their lifetime drove drunk is far worse than what this kid did. Just because you got lucky and never killed anyone with your vehicle does not excuse your actions/ It just means you were very lucky

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Vas Deferens - 04-28-2017

I think about how lucky I am there weren't cameras in everyone's pockets in HS and college all the time. I'd be typing this on a cell phone smuggled into the pen in someone's posterior.

Would never hurt a female, but I took some major aggression out on individuals that didn't deserve that level.

I say we give this guy a chance and let him prove his claim that he would never do that again. Far worse people have been given a 2nd chance.

Welcome to the squad mixon.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-28-2017

Carl Lawson is now on my wish list

I just don't think people against Mixon are being realistic, but they are being petty. Half of the stuff that happens off the field would blow your minds away that players have gotten away with. And Mixon hasn't been in trouble once since. People need to relax.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Okay, fine.  Let's just be badass and embrace a new identity: Pacman, Vontaze, and now Joe Mixon.  Maybe some cray-cray is what it will take to strike fear in Cincinnati's opponents.

Except that they can't even get that right. Teams like Pittsburgh and the old Raiders teams played up to and on the line without actually stepping over it and screwing it all up. They won championships and were lauded for their "toughness" through it all. It's all a bunch of crap, but to the winner goes the spoils. 

This team jumps over the line, loses the game, gets themselves suspended and end up looking like a bunch of idiot screwups to everyone else in the leage; fans and other teams. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Big Boss - 04-28-2017

Marvin really needs to nail this press conference. He needs to make it crystal clear that they're going to give him a chance but one whiff of trouble and he's gone.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - jfkbengals - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Adam should be cut, he has done what he has done over and over like 14 times.

I will not disagree with this criticism, but to put Burfict in there is below you my friend.

Them standing by Adam is pathetic, no question Wyche.

Me too, but i stand with what Bonnie said and that the idiot was 17, he sincerely apologized to the drunk pretty girl
and she apologized to him for her part that we don't know, only conjecture.

I am not going to throw the stone here. I said before that i wouldn't like this but i have to learn as i go.

It was a good move to trade down, pick up another 4th and grab arguably the best RB in the draft.

Marvin made the comment that he felt there was a RB in this draft who could have the same impact on a game as Elliot had for Dallas.

I felt the moment I read the comment that it was Mixon, and that he had a plan to snag him as late as possible.

(04-28-2017, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carl Lawson is now on my wish list

Lawson, Tim Williams, not Cunningham now (thanks Houston) and Jordan Willis

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:53 PM)kevin Wrote: I now feel what Bengals do with their Round 3 picks is THE KEY.....Round One has injury issues, Round Two has the off field issues.....OK, a WR and RB, which makes fans happy.....But we need O Line, D Line and LB.....Round 3 and I'm waiting to see who we take...To me, Round 3 will make or break our draft.  There are good players at these positions on the board.  O Line, D Line, LB.

A single round 3 pick isn't going to make or break a draft.

***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-28-2017

Take some picks and move up for Willis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - jfkbengals - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 10:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Never got drunk at 19... hell, never been drunk in my life.

Guy's rehabilitated, great player, another pick I'm indifferent on, but it'll help the team.

Hill still is going to tear people down this year though.

So I guess we're supposed to believe it's root beer you're constantly chugging there???

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Tiger Teeth - 04-28-2017

This is some crazy shit. This draft pick is tearing up the members of this board apart. Fact is, he's a Bengal now. We can either let the past be the past, or be miserable from here on. Ridiculous. Does football run everyone's life?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 10:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Mixon went from 10 to 100 once provoked and it was despicable. But, afterwards, he did not lie about it my knowledge, he accepted he made a mistake and now 3 years later has had no other incidents.

I will say it again anyone who has ever in their lifetime drove drunk is far worse than what this kid did. Just because you got lucky and never killed anyone with your vehicle does not excuse your actions/ It just means you were very lucky

I do agree with the 2nd part, drink driving is worse than this. As low as it is to do what Mixon did, hes unlikely to endanger life by doing it. Drink driving does. I am more bothered by picking a guy like this than a lot of people here. Call it 'jumping on the high horse' all you like, I absolutely reserve the right to judge a guy for hitting a woman. I do however, commend him for seemingly turning it around. That part is important, but it isn't everything either.

On the field, he's a great pick. I actually think we're killing the draft so far. It's not all about picking value, BPA and all that stuff, I think Ross is a really good fit for our offence, and I think Mixon gives us something we're lacking at RB. Offence has zero excuse not to do better this year. If your O-Line is weak, then lets stack up on skill players and get Andy releasing the ball quickly.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 10:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I guess we're supposed to believe it's root beer you're constantly chugging there???

Lol as a matter of fact, yes lol Wink