Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Real Deal - 04-29-2017

Just took a look at the roster and I'd say bye bye Alonzo russel and Chris brown to start off. Maybe kumerow. There is definitely room for improvement.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - leonardfan40 - 04-29-2017

We have what we have on the offensive line at this point. Nobody we draft today will start day one, and this is a weak class for O line. Only a handful of guys that could have helped us this year and they're gone. I love Asiata but it's not like he's gonna start either. Anyone holding out hope for our o line improving anything but depth should give it up.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kevin - 04-29-2017

One 4th round pick left, and we need O Line help more than any team in NFL....so don't get cute.....We NEED O Line in 4th Round.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - J24 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:19 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I get it but we haven't helped our biggest problem at all--O line.

The offensive line sucks this year and will suck for a long time coming coming out of college. This is why guards are getting 12 million a year in free agency.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Pat5775 - 04-29-2017

Asiata is gonna get snagged by Pittsburgh

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Okeana - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We have what we have on the offensive line at this point. Nobody we draft today will start day one, and this is a weak class for O line. Only a handful of guys that could have helped us this year and they're gone. I love Asiata but it's not like he's gonna start either. Anyone holding out hope for our o line improving anything but depth should give it up.

I still think guys like Toth could be drafted later in the draft and they will add value.  We have a ton of picks.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - JumboTron - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:21 PM)Beaker Wrote: Most likely because this draft is a terrible draft for O line prospects.

I for one would rather have them wait for better prospects next year than reach this year.

And the coaches know better than us how those O line guys we already have are progressing. They may feel that what we have is better than what's available. 

Translation: Paul Alexander is one stubborn SOB.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - masterpanthera_t - 04-29-2017

Bucky Brooks called Malone one of his Red star players. A guy that can be developed into a stud

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-29-2017

I think LaFell or Core is not safe at WR position.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Big Boss - 04-29-2017

Current:
Alex Erickson
Alonzo Russell
AJ Green
Brandon LaFell
Chris Brown
Cody Core
Jake Kumerow
Tyler Boyd

New:
John Ross
Josh Malone

Wide receiver battle is going to be fun to watch.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-29-2017

Malone was a value pick and another steal. You guys are right about this draft being poor for OL
and we have to look at how the rest of the draft unfolds to know if this was a truly great pick.

Too early to tell, love the pick on value alone though.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Au165 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think LaFell or Core is not safe at WR position.

Lafell is safe this year because of contract, they like Core. Erickson is the odd man out to me because they got two rookies who can return.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - CageTheBengal - 04-29-2017

Didn't know Sharpe was nearly blind in one eye. Interesting to see how that impacts him.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Okeana - 04-29-2017

Look guys this isn't an exciting O line class and we have guys like Westerman that haven't been tested. They have invested a lot into these young guys and I know it hurts, but next years oline class is much more promising. They have decided to put these guys into the fire this year and we will see who pans out.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kevin - 04-29-2017

Next pick HAS to be O Line....We have more needs at O Line than any NFL team....Waiting until rounds 5, 6 or 7 could be disaster.....WE need O LIne on next pick in 4th round.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BURROWorBUST - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Lafell is safe this year because of contract, they like Core. Erickson is the odd man out to me because they got two rookies who can return.

Yeah, but do you risk your top WR and RB like that on returns? Hard to see keeping Erickson just to return, but he was good last year. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - masterpanthera_t - 04-29-2017

If the Bengals keep 7 WRs, then Russell, Brown and Kumerow are out. Erickson is safe as the returner. I wouldn't risk Ross or Mixon getting hurt on returns.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Lafell is safe this year because of contract, they like Core. Erickson is the odd man out to me because they got two rookies who can return.

Exactly, plus Malone brings tons more to the table as a WR.

Erickson will catch on with somebody as a returner.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - CJD - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:28 PM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, but do you risk your top WR and RB like that on returns? Hard to see keeping Erickson just to return, but he was good last year. 

Yea, I agree I wouldn't like having Ross back there.

Like...I know I'm optimistic about Ross's injury being in the past, but there's no reason to put him in unnecessary risk like that. I'd sooner have Mixon return kicks.

***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-29-2017

Why not go Malachi Dupree if going wr? Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk