Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - NATI BENGALS - 04-29-2017

Not out of the realm of possibility that we keep 7 WRs

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - CageTheBengal - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Lafell is safe this year because of contract, they like Core. Erickson is the odd man out to me because they got two rookies who can return.

If Mixon and Ross become key pieces of our offense I think Erickson still holds value. He improved by the end of the year and looked more like the pre-season Erickson we saw tearing it up. We can protect Ross and Mixon while still keeping a strong Special Team weapon.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Real Deal - 04-29-2017

May the best men win in the WR battle! Having to cut talent because you have too much talent doesn't seem like much of a problem, does it?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:26 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Current:
Alex Erickson
Alonzo Russell
AJ Green
Brandon LaFell
Chris Brown
Cody Core
Jake Kumerow
Tyler Boyd

New:
John Ross
Josh Malone

Wide receiver battle is going to be fun to watch.

Final six after last cuts:

Green
LaFell
Core
Boyd
Ross
Malone

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Not out of the realm of possibility that we keep 7 WRs

(04-29-2017, 02:32 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If Mixon and Ross become key pieces of our offense I think Erickson still holds value. He improved by the end of the year and looked more like the pre-season Erickson we saw tearing it up. We can protect Ross and Mixon while still keeping a strong Special Team weapon.

All true, but man are we stacked now at WR, DE and CB.

Great draft. I am seeing one of our Guards really impressing the coaches, Alex Redmond.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kevin - 04-29-2017

CBS Sports and ESPN have enough top Guards, Centers and Tackles of 3rd round quality still on board for us to grab one.....and WE NEED ONE.....We need O Line help more than any team in NFL. ....Right now while still in round 4, grab one.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - jj22 - 04-29-2017

Not a bad prospect. BPA type pick, Maybe we shouldn't have re-signed Lafell.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-29-2017

Those that are worried about the offensive line should keep in mind that the defense against the Cincinnati Bengals will be hesitant to bring the safeties in the Box because of the home-run threat Ross brings. This will open up if Mixon hammers out rushes. Malone is tall and quick for side line routes. They can cross Eifert and Ross seem routes.

The Cincinnati Bengals offense has just become better.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - MTBengalsFan - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I agree I wouldn't like having Ross back there.

Like...I know I'm optimistic about Ross's injury being in the past, but there's no reason to put him in unnecessary risk like that. I'd sooner have Mixon return kicks.

I think you meant you'd rather have "Sooner, Mixon return kicks."

OK, I'll shut up now.

(04-29-2017, 02:32 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If Mixon and Ross become key pieces of our offense I think Erickson still holds value. He improved by the end of the year and looked more like the pre-season Erickson we saw tearing it up. We can protect Ross and Mixon while still keeping a strong Special Team weapon.

Is Erickson available for the PS? Maybe he can be stashed there.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kentuck1163 - 04-29-2017

Erickson did a great job protecting the ball and not making huge mistakes.  He was just coming into true form at the end of the season and I don't think you want to risk injury to the new WRs.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BURROWorBUST - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:33 PM)Beaker Wrote: Final six after last cuts:

Green
LaFell
Core
Boyd
Ross
Malone

That looks pretty damn good to me. Keep Russell on the PS?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Synric - 04-29-2017

Boyd better watch his spot...AJ Green Lafell and Ross would be the top 3 guys...now a tall fast guy like Malone that can play inside and outside...

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - CJD - 04-29-2017

If Asiata is gone at our pick, what do you guys think of Zach Banner?

He's got the Andre Smith weight concerns, and may be too tall for OG, but if we make him work at RG, he would the definition of a road grader.

***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-29-2017

A hole stoolers gotta go butt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(04-29-2017, 02:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Boyd better watch his spot...AJ Green Lafell and Ross would be the top 3 guys...now a tall fast guy like Malone that can play inside and outside...

I think Core had better watch his spot. It may come down to him or Erickson based upon ST performance.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Thefinalcut813 - 04-29-2017

I bet it smells like Ham at the Steelers draft party

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-29-2017

Folks forget Gio was a dynamic punt returner in College. With Mixon taking over some of the carries maybe they look to tap into that.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Yojimbo - 04-29-2017

You guys are way too eager to give roster spots to rookie late round draft picks over guys that have already proven themselves in the NFL.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Joelist - 04-29-2017

And just like the first two days the NFLN coverage is nicely done. Way better than the others.