Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 04:25 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: John Becksvoort is a friend of mine (former record holder TN kicker, cut by SF). He talked to me about the incredible focus he had to have as a kicker and how narrow the goal posts seems when you're lined up from 50+ yards.

If Elliot is as cool as he seems to be (and I would bet Simmons made sure of just that), won't it be refreshing that Marvin can let a kicker try an occasional long field goal, rather than punting in those situations every time?

Woah, steady on now. Just cause we have a kicker than can kick, doesn't mean the coaching staff will be intelligent enough to use him  Tongue

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Pat5775 - 04-29-2017

JJ Dielman. A Center!!! YESSS!!!!

Suck on that Bodine!

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 04:28 PM)JumboTron Wrote: What's the story with this Dielman kid?

Tackle that took over at C

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Real Deal - 04-29-2017

Oh thank god, super bowl! Right Kevin????

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kentuck1163 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 04:28 PM)JumboTron Wrote: What's the story with this Dielman kid?

STRENGTHS

Has three years of experience at right tackle to go along with his newfound snaps at center. Has quick feet and good flexibility through his hips. Possesses desired body control. Talented work-up blocker who finds his second-level targets and strikes with accuracy. Can get to the difficult angles. Will work to bend knees after engagement to improve his leverage. Quick to flip hips and wall off his man. Works well with guards in handoff on combo blocks. Plays with good determination and effort. Rides the bull as long as he can after engaging with bigger defenders. Has tackle feet to mirror pass rushers along interior.
WEAKNESSES
 Has short arms. Unlikely to offer tackle flexibility on roster due to a lack of length. Will need to add more bulk to prepare for NFL battles. Below average core strength. Finds himself hanging on rather than improving positioning. Finesse player in need of stellar technique without addition of play strength. Unable to create push at the point of attack without help. Can improve with securing on second level. Season-ending foot injury will have to be cleared at combine.

"Dielman has good size and adequate inline power, but he needs to learn to play with more patience and balance, particularly in pass protection. He has some durability issues and played in only five games last season. Dielman has the potential to become a versatile reserve."

Ooohhhh.....

Sounds like another Paul Alexander "guy", among the likes of Ghiacuc, Roland and Livings...

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 04:28 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Woah, steady on now. Just cause we have a kicker than can kick, doesn't mean the coaching staff will be intelligent enough to use him  Tongue

Watch the video of his pro day workout. He was kicking 58 yarders into the top of the catch net. He even kicked 2 from 63 yds. And his KOs were going 5 yds out the back of the endzone.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-29-2017

Now Kevin can actually come down and get off the ledge

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Ricky Spanish - 04-29-2017

About God damn time

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kevin - 04-29-2017

FINALLY......J.J. Dielman of Utah who ESPN says center and CBS Sports says tackle so we can add in guard probably....6-5, 300 lbs....At least a 5th round pick. Had they waited until rounds 6 or 7, forget about it....I think IIoka was a pick 5, so you can find talent in 5.....wasn't McCarron a 5.....I want to see ESPN highlights of him. ...A MUST NEED PICK....

(04-29-2017, 04:30 PM)kentuck1163 Wrote: STRENGTHS

Has three years of experience at right tackle to go along with his newfound snaps at center. Has quick feet and good flexibility through his hips. Possesses desired body control. Talented work-up blocker who finds his second-level targets and strikes with accuracy. Can get to the difficult angles. Will work to bend knees after engagement to improve his leverage. Quick to flip hips and wall off his man. Works well with guards in handoff on combo blocks. Plays with good determination and effort. Rides the bull as long as he can after engaging with bigger defenders. Has tackle feet to mirror pass rushers along interior.
WEAKNESSES
 Has short arms. Unlikely to offer tackle flexibility on roster due to a lack of length. Will need to add more bulk to prepare for NFL battles. Below average core strength. Finds himself hanging on rather than improving positioning. Finesse player in need of stellar technique without addition of play strength. Unable to create push at the point of attack without help. Can improve with securing on second level. Season-ending foot injury will have to be cleared at combine.

Not impressed at all. This reeks of Paul Alexander 

In short he's a versatile plug-in type of an offensive lineman

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - JumboTron - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 04:35 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Not impressed at all. This reeks of Paul Alexander 

Ugh, could you imagine what he actually does smell like?  

Gross.

The important thing I read about him that is his strength is that he has Good Feet and good hips that's the important thing the negative is that he has short arms

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-29-2017

I like that Dielman takes good angles and that he was the athleticism to pull.

Don't like that he needs to learn technique and needs to gain bulk after being injured.

Still would of liked Roullier better, oh well.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kentuck1163 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 04:35 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Not impressed at all. This reeks of Paul Alexander 

NFL.com projected him as a 7th rounder.  Maybe they see potential in the guy.  Doesn't seem like the kind of guy who can help in the short term.

(04-29-2017, 04:36 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Ugh, could you imagine what he actually does smell like?  

Gross.

Sick Sick Sick

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - MTBengalsFan - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 04:35 PM)kevin Wrote: FINALLY......J.J. Dielman of Utah who ESPN says center and CBS Sports says tackle so we can add in guard probably....6-5, 300 lbs....At least a 5th round pick. Had they waited until rounds 6 or 7, forget about it....I think IIoka was a pick 5, so you can find talent in 5.....wasn't McCarron a 5.....I want to see ESPN highlights of him.  ...A MUST NEED PICK....

Generally, yes, but that Krumrie guy worked out pretty well (can't remember round, but it was 10th or 11th?)

And T.J. Housmandzadeh was a round 7.

(04-29-2017, 04:39 PM)kentuck1163 Wrote: NFL.com projected him as a 7th rounder.  Maybe they see potential in the guy.  Doesn't seem like the kind of guy who can help in the short term.

In short he's a project. No doubt lobbied for by our favorite genius Paul Alexander  Whatever And OL-men with short arms never work out. PA saw potential in Dennis Roland, Nate Livings and Eric Ghiacuc too...

I'm going out in a limb here and saying we will be throwing Dielman's name in that group as well. Not pleased with this pick at all. But I guess he's not Bodine so... He can't be much worse. 

He has a finesse type of players so I cannot see him playing at Center. It is the first stinker of the draft.