Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-29-2017

Does the Cincinnati Bengals go for Orlosky right?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Bengalpool - 04-29-2017

Has Jalen Myrick been taken? I know we drafted a center, but I still want Orlosky. And Bucky Hodges if he's still there? Someone update me please!!!

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - PikesPeakUC - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Does the Cincinnati Bengals go for Orlosky right?

They announced Dielman as a Center, so I'm guessing not. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Real Deal - 04-29-2017

I like how mike mayock and Co killed our pick of mixon but the browns take Brantley who reportedly knocked a girls tooth out and he is praising them for doing their homework and giving him a shot. I don't know why I'm surprised...but I am.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Pat5775 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:11 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: They announced Dielman as a Center, so I'm guessing not. 

Yep. They f****d up royally 

(04-29-2017, 05:11 PM)Takedown Wrote: Has Jalen Myrick been taken? I know we drafted a center, but I still want Orlosky. And Bucky Hodges if he's still there? Someone update me please!!!

Myrick still there

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - JumboTron - 04-29-2017

Bill O'Brien has the 'Butt-Chin' to end all 'Butt-Chins'.

Really hoping the Bengals go Hodges here.

Bengals take ILB Jordan Evans from Oklahoma

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - JumboTron - 04-29-2017

More LB depth

Jordan Evans. LB. Oklahoma

(04-29-2017, 05:12 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I like how mike mayock and Co killed our pick of mixon but the browns take Brantley who reportedly knocked a girls tooth out and he is praising them for doing their homework and giving him a shot. I don't know why I'm surprised...but I am.

It simply is because Mixon had a higher profile there was a video of the incident that is why

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 04:31 PM)Beaker Wrote: Watch the video of his pro day workout. He was kicking 58 yarders into the top of the catch net. He even kicked 2 from 63 yds. And his KOs were going 5 yds out the back of the endzone.

My post was more a joke, about how our coaching regularly under-uses the talent we have, so I wouldn't be surprised if we bring in a good kicker and are still punting from the opponents 20 yard line.

I know nothing about Evans, anybody ever hear of him?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kentuck1163 - 04-29-2017

JORDAN EVANS

STRENGTHS Carries prototypical NFL frame for the position with low body fat and good length. Flexible and athletic. Productive tackler. Able to turn the corner sharply and track down running backs looking to burst between the tackles. Plus reactive quickness for sudden lateral explosion as a tackler. Has the twitch-trigger to fire downhilll and make plays. Carries outstanding play speed and has the potential to range around the field if kept clean. Fluid cover man in space in man or zone. Possesses ball skills and physical tools to play all three downs. Had twelve passes defensed this season including four interceptions.
WEAKNESSES Finesse player. Scouts say he turns down too many opportunities to bang when it is in front of him. Often at the mercy of blockers. Needs to play stronger to maintain control of the rep in run support. Struggles to leverage his gap. Inconsistent angles to the football takes him out of some plays. Needs to be a more squared, physical finisher as a tackler. Allowed too many missed and broken tackles this season.

He's depth, essentially.

I hope Bengals take Binsowaty and Hodges next.

(04-29-2017, 05:16 PM)kentuck1163 Wrote: JORDAN EVANS

STRENGTHS Carries prototypical NFL frame for the position with low body fat and good length. Flexible and athletic. Productive tackler. Able to turn the corner sharply and track down running backs looking to burst between the tackles. Plus reactive quickness for sudden lateral explosion as a tackler. Has the twitch-trigger to fire downhilll and make plays. Carries outstanding play speed and has the potential to range around the field if kept clean. Fluid cover man in space in man or zone. Possesses ball skills and physical tools to play all three downs. Had twelve passes defensed this season including four interceptions.
WEAKNESSES Finesse player. Scouts say he turns down too many opportunities to bang when it is in front of him. Often at the mercy of blockers. Needs to play stronger to maintain control of the rep in run support. Struggles to leverage his gap. Inconsistent angles to the football takes him out of some plays. Needs to be a more squared, physical finisher as a tackler. Allowed too many missed and broken tackles this season.

... Sounds like Rey Maualuga 2.0

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kentuck1163 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:17 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: He's depth, essentially.

Actually, a good value pick.  This guy has potential to be special.  Many were thinking 4-5th round. This was a good one.

Bucky Hodges must've pooped in a bag and set it on fire outside of GM's doors.