Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Synric - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:17 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: ... Sounds like Rey Maualuga 2.0

No that's Kevin Minter. 

Evans is a fast cover linebacker that needs to be more physical against the run...will fit well in the ST room.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Ned Ludd - 04-29-2017

Fits with the general trend of selecting players whose first name begins with 'J"...

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - PikesPeakUC - 04-29-2017

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kentuck1163 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:19 PM)Ned Ludd Wrote: Fits with the general trend of selecting players whose first name begins with 'J"...

Yeah, they couldn't find any Johnson's to draft - so they are just targeting the "J's".

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: Well Cleveland just got a guy who knocked out a chick like last week.  Let me guess its a great pick ?

Got an A from CBS

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kevin - 04-29-2017

Jordan Evans...ESPN lists him as MLB.....CBS Sports lists him as OLB.......so versatility at LB, and we needed LB help......Injuries dropped him in draft, CBS says when healthy he is very good and a great 6th round pick. They say he is fast and impressive coverage skills for a LB

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Joelist - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:12 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I like how mike mayock and Co killed our pick of mixon but the browns take Brantley who reportedly knocked a girls tooth out and he is praising them for doing their homework and giving him a shot. I don't know why I'm surprised...but I am.

I heard the same broadcast - they did NOT "kill" our pick of Mixon. They were good about it and said he has the opportunity now he has to earn it. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kentuck1163 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Got an A from CBS

I'm telling ya.  Forget CBS.  I think someone spiked their office water jug.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Real Deal - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Got an A from CBS

I shouldn't allow it to, but this pisses me off

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-29-2017

He is more of a Flowers type. The good news is DT will keep guards off of him. if he plays it will be on ST.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:16 PM)kentuck1163 Wrote: JORDAN EVANS

STRENGTHS Carries prototypical NFL frame for the position with low body fat and good length. Flexible and athletic. Productive tackler. Able to turn the corner sharply and track down running backs looking to burst between the tackles. Plus reactive quickness for sudden lateral explosion as a tackler. Has the twitch-trigger to fire downhilll and make plays. Carries outstanding play speed and has the potential to range around the field if kept clean. Fluid cover man in space in man or zone. Possesses ball skills and physical tools to play all three downs. Had twelve passes defensed this season including four interceptions.
WEAKNESSES Finesse player. Scouts say he turns down too many opportunities to bang when it is in front of him. Often at the mercy of blockers. Needs to play stronger to maintain control of the rep in run support. Struggles to leverage his gap. Inconsistent angles to the football takes him out of some plays. Needs to be a more squared, physical finisher as a tackler. Allowed too many missed and broken tackles this season.

Like the pick. 3 down backer. :andy:

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Real Deal - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: I heard the same broadcast - they did NOT "kill" our pick of Mixon. They were good about it and said he has the opportunity now he has to earn it. 

Were you watching yesterday when the pick was announced? Because they absolutely killed it.

I saw the one you are talking about earlier today. It was a panel of 3 guys back in the studio, one being Shaun o'hara I think. And yes they were exactly as you said. Not bad at all

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - JumboTron - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:20 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote:

LOL, this reads like Sashi made the pick only to then have someone whisper in his ear about Brantley's issues, and then said "Oh sh*t".

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - masonbengals fan - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yeah I know what you mean, but they have so many picks this year and next year that I guess they can afford to... I'm more unsold on Pittsburgh. 

Didn't want him to go to anybody ThumbsUp in our division either.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - CJD - 04-29-2017

I know I'm way late, but I was out for the 5th and 6th rounds.

So, the difference between Elliot and Gonzalez, as far as I can tell:

Elliot is automatic inside 30 and on extra points. Virtually automatic up to 49 yards. Had an absolutely awful sophomore year that hurt his percentages but, other than that year, was successful in the limited attempts beyond 50 yards. Never allowed a KR TD and is relatively good at touchbacks.

Gonzalez is generally successful inside 30 and on extra points, but did have some misses in each category. Has an absolute cannon for a leg, going 7-9 in 50+ attempts with a long of 59. As a senior, missed only one extra point and 2 50+ field goals in 25 total attempts. Definitely the hot hand, but struggled in his limited attempts at 50+ prior to his senior year (0-4) and 40-49 yard kicks (14-22), as well as missing 4 XPs as a freshman and sophomore.

If you are looking at just their senior years, Gonzalez seems to be the more reliable kicker, but in terms of their whole career, Elliot seems to be superior other than his uncharacteristically poor sophomore year.

I personally think I would have preferred Gonzalez, but I can live with Elliot if that's who the coaches preferred.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-29-2017

Rey's good in coverage, afraid to hit hard and good on teams?

Are you sure?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Joelist - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:24 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Were you watching yesterday when the pick was announced? Because they absolutely killed it.

I saw the one you are talking about earlier today. It was a panel of 3 guys back in the studio.

I sure was. The only draft coverage worth watching is NFL Network, and they decidedly did NOT kill the pick. They flat out said he is the best RB in the draft and although noting the issue also said we did our homework on Mixon. They even noted the number of interviews we did and such. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BengalFanInNJ - 04-29-2017

Not a big fan of the Dielman and Evans picks.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - JumboTron - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:22 PM)kentuck1163 Wrote: I'm telling ya.  Forget CBS.  I think someone spiked their office water jug.

I mean they are the network who made Tony Romo their #1 color-guy without one single solitary second of broadcasting experience.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 05:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I know I'm way late, but I was out for the 5th and 6th rounds.

So, the difference between Elliot and Gonzalez, as far as I can tell:

Elliot is automatic inside 30 and on extra points. Virtually automatic up to 49 yards. Had an absolutely awful sophomore year that hurt his percentages but, other than that year, was successful in the limited attempts beyond 50 yards. Never allowed a KR TD and is relatively good at touchbacks.

Gonzalez is generally successful inside 30 and on extra points, but did have some misses in each category. Has an absolute cannon for a leg, going 7-9 in 50+ attempts with a long of 59. As a senior, missed only one extra point and 2 50+ field goals in 25 total attempts. Definitely the hot hand, but struggled in his limited attempts at 50+ prior to his senior year (0-4) and 40-49 yard kicks (14-22), as well as missing 4 XPs as a freshman and sophomore.

If you are looking at just their senior years, Gonzalez seems to be the more reliable kicker, but in terms of their whole career, Elliot seems to be superior other than his uncharacteristically poor sophomore year.

I personally think I would have preferred Gonzalez, but I can live with Elliot if that's who the coaches preferred.

I found closure on this issue when someone said that he was kicking 55 Yard kicks into a net