Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Will Trump win re-election? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Will Trump win re-election? (/Thread-Will-Trump-win-re-election)

Pages: 1 2

Will Trump win re-election? - BengalHawk62 - 05-17-2017

This article says yes he will. Better get used to this cause he's probably going to stick around.

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/why-trump-will-likely-win-reelection-2020

RE: Will Trump win re-election? - Mike M (the other one) - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 03:22 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This article says yes he will.  Better get used to this cause he's probably going to stick around.

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/why-trump-will-likely-win-reelection-2020

Hahahaha, I already felt that he would, the Democrats are very scattered and disorganized right now.

As of May 4-9 the Democrats have a favorable rating of 34% and unfavorable of 58%
Currently Trump has a 42% favorable rating and a 50% unfavorable rate.

RE: Will Trump win re-election? - Benton - 05-17-2017

probably.

people don't really care about what's happening, they care about winning and losing. the guy they wanted one. whatever comes out about connections with russia, misuse of allies, abuse of public funds, nepotism, incompetence, cover ups... none of it matters because the minority of people who elected him are mostly happy they got their guy.

it's like the people on facebook who post about something horrible happening, say a terrorist attack in france, and say it's obama's fault because he's out golfing... but they've got no issue with a guy who, according to one article i read, could play more rounds in three years at the current pace than obama did in eight.

which is why it's mind boggling to me why people adhere so strictly to parties. any time a party gets too much power, it abuses everyone not at the top. yet droves of people at the bottom threw both legs in the air last november.

(05-17-2017, 04:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hahahaha, I already felt that he would, the Democrats are very scattered and disorganized right now.

As of May 4-9 the Democrats have a favorable rating of 34% and unfavorable of 58%

he's also got around 46-48% approving impeachment, and around 36% opposing. his popularity numbers have been dropping, especially since firing the guy investigating him, which also saw the impeachment approval numbers go up. by the end of the year his approval ratings will be as dismal as the last few presidents for the same reason.

RE: Will Trump win re-election? - SunsetBengal - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 04:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hahahaha, I already felt that he would, the Democrats are very scattered and disorganized right now.

With these continued witch hunts and endless "gotcha" games played by the Left leaning media, they are just keeping Americans divided, further entrenching people into their respective "sides".

Never mind that we're looking at 4% GDP growth for the quarter, we've got a lynchin', er I mean impeachment to try to rustle up..

RE: Will Trump win re-election? - Belsnickel - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 04:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Never mind that we're looking at 4% GDP growth for the quarter, we've got a lynchin', er I mean impeachment to try to rustle up..

And what fiscal policy has Trump been responsible for since he took office that would have had an effect that quickly?

RE: Will Trump win re-election? - bfine32 - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 04:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And what fiscal policy has Trump been responsible for since he took office that would have had an effect that quickly?

Employment and production is often based on speculation. His pledge to keep jobs in America and desire to withdraw from numerous international trade agreements could very well have a positive effect on the economy and job market.

(05-17-2017, 04:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Employment and production is often based on speculation. His pledge to keep jobs in America and desire to withdraw from numerous international trade agreements could very well have a positive effect on the economy and job market.

Then I'm curious what this would mean.
[Image: gdp_large.png]

Source: https://bea.gov/newsreleases/glance.htm

Seems GDP growth slowed after the election. We could attribute that to Trump. Or, and I'm just going to go out on a limb here, it really has nothing much at all to do with the POTUS unless there is significant fiscal policy change.

RE: Will Trump win re-election? - Mike M (the other one) - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 04:14 PM)Benton Wrote: he's also got around 46-48% approving impeachment, and around 36% opposing. his popularity numbers have been dropping, especially since firing the guy investigating him, which also saw the impeachment approval numbers go up. by the end of the year his approval ratings will be as dismal as the last few presidents for the same reason.

Never gonna happen. Democrats can't get enough of a majority in time to do it.

(05-17-2017, 04:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And what fiscal policy has Trump been responsible for since he took office that would have had an effect that quickly?

It's for Trump being Trump. Duh. He's done some things like got investors re-investing into the US and keeping jobs here. Saved us taxpayers money and got some contracts re-negotiated.
Yes he's been slow in implementing his policy, he'll get there. 3% GDP growth is already predicted so far for the year. 3% is better than anything Obama rolled out in 8 years (you know, the first POTUS to never have at least 1 years of a 3% or better growth rate for any year). If Trump can get more of this policy enacted it could push it up further. We just have to wait and see. He's not a patient person, so I expect him to come down hard on Republican's that are lolly gagging on his policies.

(05-17-2017, 05:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Then I'm curious what this would mean.

Seems GDP growth slowed after the election. We could attribute that to Trump. Or, and I'm just going to go out on a limb here, it really has nothing much at all to do with the POTUS unless there is significant fiscal policy change.
You really weren't looking for an answer were you?

(05-17-2017, 05:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You really weren't looking for an answer were you?

I was. I was genuinely curious what he thought. You chimed in with your thoughts on the matter and that caused me to actually look for the data to look for trends, finding that the 4% growth claim wasn't actually accurate and there has actually been a slowing of growth in Q4 and Q1.

(05-17-2017, 05:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's for Trump being Trump. Duh. He's done some things like got investors re-investing into the US and keeping jobs here. Saved us taxpayers money and got some contracts re-negotiated.

Most of the policy that I have seen coming out of the WH has been scored as costing us money. And what contracts do you speak of?

(05-17-2017, 05:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes he's been slow in implementing his policy, he'll get there. 3% GDP growth is already predicted so far for the year. 3% is better than anything Obama rolled out in 8 years (you know, the first POTUS to never have at least 1 years of a 3% or better growth rate for any year). If Trump can get more of this policy enacted it could push it up further. We just have to wait and see. He's not a patient person, so I expect him to come down hard on Republican's that are lolly gagging on his policies.

If he has the time in office.

RE: Will Trump win re-election? - Millhouse - 05-17-2017

If Biden runs and gets the nomination, despite his age, he will win as he gets my vote. Bernie maybe, but he would have a harder time pulling in the moderate to moderate/conservative. If Dems put up Ann Warren or even Hillary again, Trump will barely win. Or if they put up a far left lib, Trump will barely win.

Then again, who knows what will happen in the next 3 years. I just hope Biden runs & gets it though. If not, I hope the Dems win back congress or part of it. Even though I used to be a Repub, I am not a fan of them right now in how they are approaching things overall from the environment (Trump mainly), health care, and even the internet.

(05-17-2017, 05:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Then I'm curious what this would mean.

agreed with the bold.

(05-17-2017, 05:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Never gonna happen. Democrats can't get enough of a majority in time to do it.

It's for Trump being Trump. Duh. He's done some things like got investors re-investing into the US and keeping jobs here. Saved us taxpayers money and got some contracts re-negotiated.
Yes he's been slow in implementing his policy, he'll get there. 3% GDP growth is already predicted so far for the year. 3% is better than anything Obama rolled out in 8 years (you know, the first POTUS to never have at least 1 years of a 3% or better growth rate for any year). If Trump can get more of this policy enacted it could push it up further. We just have to wait and see. He's not a patient person, so I expect him to come down hard on Republican's that are lolly gagging on his policies.

to the bold, it's not all about democrats. trump isn't loved by a lot of the gop either. fawning over putin, firing an fbi director, trumpcare... that's not sitting well with some of their constituents who thought he would be pro-america, pro-tough-on-crime, pro-not-taking-healthcare-from-the-elderly.

i know people are quick to dismiss the rancor at townhall meetings, but in my experience, i haven't seen any paid protestors. i've been at a few of newly elected congressman comer's townhall meetings, and i recognize a lot of the faces showing up and voicing concerns over losing healthcare or concern over jobs. not that i'm implying comer likes or dislikes trump, i haven't asked him, but members of congress are catching the blame for trump's decisions and i would assume they'll take care of their own nest.

RE: Will Trump win re-election? - Nately120 - 05-17-2017

I didn't read the article, but does it take into account the members of his voter base that could die off via his cutting of medicare and/or sending people to work in coal mines unchained by the burdens of safety regulations?

Stuff like this, is exactly why Trump would have a great chance of getting reelected.

http://www.wrko.com/blogs/bostoncom-morning-show/navy-seal-carl-higbie-gets-flipped-out-cnn-host-kate-bolduan

(05-17-2017, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Stuff like this, is exactly why Trump would have a great chance of getting reelected.

http://www.wrko.com/blogs/bostoncom-morning-show/navy-seal-carl-higbie-gets-flipped-out-cnn-host-kate-bolduan

But it's the RUSSIANS...........WOLVERINES!!!!!!

RE: Will Trump win re-election? - jason - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 04:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With these continued witch hunts and endless "gotcha" games played by the Left leaning media, they are just keeping Americans divided, further entrenching people into their respective "sides".

Never mind that we're looking at 4% GDP growth for the quarter, we've got a lynchin', er I mean impeachment to try to rustle up..

This isn't about left and right or the media for that matter. No one needs the media to tell them a turd stinks. My mom is a republican. She can't stand him.

(05-17-2017, 07:45 PM)jason Wrote: This isn't about left and right or the media for that matter. No one needs the media to tell them a turd stinks. My mom is a republican. She can't stand him.

You know, that is interesting, as I don't think anyone really sees Trump as a Republican in classic sense.  Historically, he's always been a Democrat, but not the variety of extreme Left that today's Democrat Party represents.  My father, lifelong Democrat, retired Union Employee, who hadn't voted since Clinton, actually voted for Trump.  He says that the Democrat party has left his "type" behind, his type being the lower to middle, middle class blue collar worker.

RE: Will Trump win re-election? - GMDino - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 05:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was. I was genuinely curious what he thought. You chimed in with your thoughts on the matter and that caused me to actually look for the data to look for trends, finding that the 4% growth claim wasn't actually accurate and there has actually been a slowing of growth in Q4 and Q1.

This is like watching the debates.

One has facts and takes the time to be prepared...the other yells "Make America Great Again".

Great fun.