Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Chris Cornell has passed away. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Chris Cornell has passed away. (/Thread-Chris-Cornell-has-passed-away)

Pages: 1 2

Chris Cornell has passed away. - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-18-2017

Former Soundgarden and Audioslave singer passed overnight.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Representative-Rocker-Chris-Cornell-has-died-at-age-52-422914774.html

RE: Chris Cornell has passed away. - CageTheBengal - 05-18-2017

That really sucks.

I've been listening to him a lot lately too. Can't believe he isn't going to make more music.

R.I.P.

RE: Chris Cornell has passed away. - XenoMorph - 05-18-2017

Wonder if people suppose to go see him this weekend get a refund on some sort

One of my all time favorite songs...

RE: Chris Cornell has passed away. - GodFather - 05-18-2017

Shocked and saddened by this news. He was a true talent. His music will live on...

RE: Chris Cornell has passed away. - Whatever - 05-18-2017

(05-18-2017, 09:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wonder if people suppose to go see him this weekend get a refund on some sort

I was going to Soundgarden tomorrow night at Rock on the Range.  They were the headliner for day 1.  Since it's a 3 day festival, I doubt they will offer refunds.  You'd be better off selling your tickets if not having Soundgarden is a deal breaker, since resale tickets are in the $600-700 range due to Metallica headlining Sunday's lineup.  Stone Sour is in town tonight, so I have a feeling that they will replace them.

RE: Chris Cornell has passed away. - jason - 05-18-2017

If any of you haven't seen him do One with the U2 Melody, and Metallica's lyrics on YouTube.... Check it out.

RE: Chris Cornell has passed away. - XenoMorph - 05-18-2017

(05-18-2017, 01:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: I was going to Soundgarden tomorrow night at Rock on the Range.  They were the headliner for day 1.  Since it's a 3 day festival, I doubt they will offer refunds.  You'd be better off selling your tickets if not having Soundgarden is a deal breaker, since resale tickets are in the $600-700 range due to Metallica headlining Sunday's lineup.  Stone Sour is in town tonight, so I have a feeling that they will replace them.

dang my friend has a ticket for 150... 3 day pass but I could only go sunday and as much as I love metallica and amon amarth...  150 is steep for a 1 day concert for me.   (for 3 days though its a great price.)

they are all going tomorrow and then back on sunday.

Me Well I got a movie to see tomorrow lol

RE: Chris Cornell has passed away. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-18-2017

(05-18-2017, 01:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: I was going to Soundgarden tomorrow night at Rock on the Range.  They were the headliner for day 1.  Since it's a 3 day festival, I doubt they will offer refunds.  You'd be better off selling your tickets if not having Soundgarden is a deal breaker, since resale tickets are in the $600-700 range due to Metallica headlining Sunday's lineup.  Stone Sour is in town tonight, so I have a feeling that they will replace them.

Blows my mind you were going to his show in a couple days.

That is one hell of a headliner, but not as good now with no Cornell no question.

Great singer, great.

RE: Chris Cornell has passed away. - BengalHawk62 - 05-18-2017

Just got done listening to Say Hello 2 Heaven from the Temple of the Dog cd.  Say Hello to Heaven Chris, from us fans.   RIP

Guess I know what i'll be listening to this weekend. 

I'd heard rumblings, but it's true. He hung himself.

RE: Chris Cornell has passed away. - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-18-2017

(05-18-2017, 03:06 PM)jason Wrote: I'd heard rumblings, but it's true. He hung himself.

Yeah, I just got a text about that....even more shocking.

(05-18-2017, 02:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dang my friend has a ticket for 150... 3 day pass but I could only go sunday and as much as I love metallica and amon amarth...  150 is steep for a 1 day concert for me.   (for 3 days though its a great price.)

they are all going tomorrow   and  then back on sunday.

Me  Well I got a movie to see tomorrow lol

That's a great deal.  I got a field pass for just over $200 a week before the lineup was announced.  Everything sold out as soon as everyone was announced.  I go every year, and count myself lucky that I decided to buy them early this year.

(05-18-2017, 03:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I just got a text about that....even more shocking.

That's sad to hear.

I was reading Soundgarden's wikipedia page and it was just kind of shocking to see his name listed under past members already. Life can change so quickly.

(05-18-2017, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Blows my mind you were going to his show in a couple days.

That is one hell of a headliner, but not as good now with no Cornell no question.

Great singer, great.

There will definitely be a strange atmosphere this year, that's for sure.

(05-18-2017, 03:03 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Just got done listening to Say Hello 2 Heaven from the Temple of the Dog cd.  Say Hello to Heaven Chris, from us fans.   RIP

Guess I know what i'll be listening to this weekend. 

Listened to the whole thing on my phone right when I got to work today.

I lil liquor, greenery, and some Cornell is definitely on the menu tonight when the kids go to bed.

(05-18-2017, 04:01 PM)jason Wrote: Listened to the whole thing on my phone right when I got to work today.

I lil liquor, greenery, and some Cornell is definitely on the menu tonight when the kids go to bed.

I had just purchased the 25th Anniversary Re-release of Badmotorfinger a little while back.  Definitely be on the playlist this weekend....with some other assorted Soundgarden.

It gets worse and worse. Dude had two kids. I can only hope his parents aren't still alive.

(05-18-2017, 04:28 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I had just purchased the 25th Anniversary Re-release of Badmotorfinger a little while back.  Definitely be on the playlist this weekend....with some other assorted Soundgarden.

That one and Louder Than Love were that band's peak.

(05-18-2017, 04:37 PM)jason Wrote: That one and Louder Than Love were that band's peak.

Indeed.  I have them both on cassette, believe it or not...lol.  I have Superunknown and that version of Badmotorfinger on disc, which is a double CD.

....and yes, two kids and a wife....they had just moved to Florida.