Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Cornell has passed away.
Former Soundgarden and Audioslave singer passed overnight.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Representative-Rocker-Chris-Cornell-has-died-at-age-52-422914774.html

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That really sucks.

I've been listening to him a lot lately too. Can't believe he isn't going to make more music.

R.I.P.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if people suppose to go see him this weekend get a refund on some sort
Reply/Quote
One of my all time favorite songs...

Reply/Quote
Shocked and saddened by this news. He was a true talent. His music will live on...
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 09:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wonder if people suppose to go see him this weekend get a refund on some sort

I was going to Soundgarden tomorrow night at Rock on the Range.  They were the headliner for day 1.  Since it's a 3 day festival, I doubt they will offer refunds.  You'd be better off selling your tickets if not having Soundgarden is a deal breaker, since resale tickets are in the $600-700 range due to Metallica headlining Sunday's lineup.  Stone Sour is in town tonight, so I have a feeling that they will replace them.
Reply/Quote
If any of you haven't seen him do One with the U2 Melody, and Metallica's lyrics on YouTube.... Check it out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 01:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: I was going to Soundgarden tomorrow night at Rock on the Range.  They were the headliner for day 1.  Since it's a 3 day festival, I doubt they will offer refunds.  You'd be better off selling your tickets if not having Soundgarden is a deal breaker, since resale tickets are in the $600-700 range due to Metallica headlining Sunday's lineup.  Stone Sour is in town tonight, so I have a feeling that they will replace them.

dang my friend has a ticket for 150... 3 day pass but I could only go sunday and as much as I love metallica and amon amarth...  150 is steep for a 1 day concert for me.   (for 3 days though its a great price.)

they are all going tomorrow and then back on sunday.

Me Well I got a movie to see tomorrow lol
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 01:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: I was going to Soundgarden tomorrow night at Rock on the Range.  They were the headliner for day 1.  Since it's a 3 day festival, I doubt they will offer refunds.  You'd be better off selling your tickets if not having Soundgarden is a deal breaker, since resale tickets are in the $600-700 range due to Metallica headlining Sunday's lineup.  Stone Sour is in town tonight, so I have a feeling that they will replace them.

Blows my mind you were going to his show in a couple days.

That is one hell of a headliner, but not as good now with no Cornell no question.

Great singer, great.
Reply/Quote
Just got done listening to Say Hello 2 Heaven from the Temple of the Dog cd.  Say Hello to Heaven Chris, from us fans.   RIP

Guess I know what i'll be listening to this weekend. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I'd heard rumblings, but it's true. He hung himself.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 03:06 PM)jason Wrote: I'd heard rumblings, but it's true. He hung himself.

Yeah, I just got a text about that....even more shocking.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 02:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dang my friend has a ticket for 150... 3 day pass but I could only go sunday and as much as I love metallica and amon amarth...  150 is steep for a 1 day concert for me.   (for 3 days though its a great price.)

they are all going tomorrow   and  then back on sunday.

Me  Well I got a movie to see tomorrow lol

That's a great deal.  I got a field pass for just over $200 a week before the lineup was announced.  Everything sold out as soon as everyone was announced.  I go every year, and count myself lucky that I decided to buy them early this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 03:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I just got a text about that....even more shocking.

That's sad to hear.

I was reading Soundgarden's wikipedia page and it was just kind of shocking to see his name listed under past members already. Life can change so quickly.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Blows my mind you were going to his show in a couple days.

That is one hell of a headliner, but not as good now with no Cornell no question.

Great singer, great.

There will definitely be a strange atmosphere this year, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 03:03 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Just got done listening to Say Hello 2 Heaven from the Temple of the Dog cd.  Say Hello to Heaven Chris, from us fans.   RIP

Guess I know what i'll be listening to this weekend. 

Listened to the whole thing on my phone right when I got to work today.

I lil liquor, greenery, and some Cornell is definitely on the menu tonight when the kids go to bed.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 04:01 PM)jason Wrote: Listened to the whole thing on my phone right when I got to work today.

I lil liquor, greenery, and some Cornell is definitely on the menu tonight when the kids go to bed.

I had just purchased the 25th Anniversary Re-release of Badmotorfinger a little while back.  Definitely be on the playlist this weekend....with some other assorted Soundgarden.

Reply/Quote
It gets worse and worse. Dude had two kids. I can only hope his parents aren't still alive.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 04:28 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I had just purchased the 25th Anniversary Re-release of Badmotorfinger a little while back.  Definitely be on the playlist this weekend....with some other assorted Soundgarden.

That one and Louder Than Love were that band's peak.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 04:37 PM)jason Wrote: That one and Louder Than Love were that band's peak.

Indeed.  I have them both on cassette, believe it or not...lol.  I have Superunknown and that version of Badmotorfinger on disc, which is a double CD.

....and yes, two kids and a wife....they had just moved to Florida.

Reply/Quote