Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burfict facing suspension - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burfict facing suspension (/Thread-Burfict-facing-suspension)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Burfict facing suspension - Murdock2420 - 08-28-2017

(08-28-2017, 05:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: If that was a player from the Steelers, people would be calling it a great clean hit...  smh

Completely accurate.

He'd be in the running for DPOY with hits like that if he was wearing black and yellow.

On a serious note, what actually can the league do if the Bengals basically decided to say "F-you" to Roger Hitler Godel and just suited Burfict up. Last time I checked, the commish works for the owners, not the other way around?

RE: Burfict facing suspension - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-28-2017

(08-28-2017, 05:09 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Complete bullshit

Yeah it is.

They better reduce this big time. Even a fine would be wrong here the more i look at it.

5 games is beyond crazy for a legal hit in the Preseason that the FB said was legal.

RE: Burfict facing suspension - McC - 08-28-2017

(08-28-2017, 01:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im not saying the hit on Gio was OK. I am saying the hit that Burfict had was against NFL rules. He went after a defenseless receiver. He got 5 games because he has a prior record. 

At some point you people are going to have to stop whining about the NFL having it out for our players and start to hold dirty players like Burfict accountable for their actions. 

That's not a dirty play.  That's a don't think you can come waltzing across the middle of our defense play.  Do we want our D to plug up the middle of the field or not?

And it truly seems the league will not quit until he's gone.  This is a professional sports league run by seemingly learned men acting out a personal vendetta against a single player.  Nobody else plays under the set of rules they are confining him to.  Nobody.

(08-28-2017, 05:32 PM)McC Wrote: That's not a dirty play.  That's a don't think you can come waltzing across the middle of our defense play.  Do we want our D to plug up the middle of the field or not?

And it truly seems the league will not quit until he's gone.  This is a professional sports league run by seemingly learned men acting out a personal vendetta against a single player.  Nobody else plays under the set of rules they are confining him to.  Nobody.

Damn rights. He has learned from his dirty play in the past even and they still want him out.

Pisses me off.

The dude is a great Linebacker and if he plays dirty nail him for it. Don't suspend the guy for legal hits for God sake.

All we are asking for is for these things to be judged fairly. This is nutz. Shocked

RE: Burfict facing suspension - Synric - 08-28-2017

So here's a new wrinkle....If a receivers head comes in contact with a defenders shoulders arms helmet etc even after the initial hit it's still unnecessary roughness. That means even though Burficts initially hit was legal thr fact that the receivers head snaps forward and face mask touches Burfict it makes it unnecessary roughness.

RE: Burfict facing suspension - RASCAL - 08-28-2017

in my opinion, Burfict plays like ray lewis. Lewis got away with a lot of dirty hits and he was praised. I say FFFFFFF goddell and the nfl and suit him up!! no matter what!! I'M SICK OF THIS LEAGUES bs!!

RE: Burfict facing suspension - PhilHos - 08-28-2017

What I would love to see but I know will never happen:
Either
A) MB or ML calls a press conference and they don't say anything. Just show a video of the hit on Gio saying "According to the NFL, this is a legal hit." Then show the Burfict hit and say, "This is not." Repeat with every 'legal' hit Cincy has had to suffer through.

And/or

B) the next preseason game, don't play defense. Just have the defensive players kneel in the huddle (cause kneeling is an acceptable form of protest for the NFL) and refuse to move. It'll be nonstop TDs, but it will cause embarrassment to the NFL. After the game, state that this will continue for the duration of Burficts suspension.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

(08-28-2017, 06:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What I would love to see but I know will never happen:
Either
A) MB or ML calls a press conference and they don't say anything. Just show a video of the hit on Gio saying "According to the NFL, this is a legal hit." Then show the Burfict hit and say,  "This is not." Repeat with every 'legal' hit Cincy has had to suffer through.

And/or

B) the next preseason game, don't play defense. Just have the defensive players kneel in the huddle (cause kneeling is an acceptable form of protest for the NFL) and refuse to move. It'll be nonstop TDs, but it will cause embarrassment to the NFL. After the game,  state that this will continue for the duration of Burficts suspension.

I love option B, and it would only need to be the preseason game. The heat that would cause and how much it would just be a giant black eye to the league would be amazing. Walk out, kneel watch the play, rinse and repeat. And since it is all about "player safety" if anyone blocks a "defense player" since our guys would be kneeling, that would have to result in a suspension of any player who were to contact a defenseless player. 

**** Godel and the league at this point, football is a violent sport. If you can't handle the violence, go play curling or tennis or golf.

RE: Burfict facing suspension - Goalpost - 08-28-2017

Five games is a heck of a lot for a rule that many people today have had varying opinions with.

RE: Burfict facing suspension - Synric - 08-28-2017

(08-28-2017, 06:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What I would love to see but I know will never happen:
Either
A) MB or ML calls a press conference and they don't say anything. Just show a video of the hit on Gio saying "According to the NFL, this is a legal hit." Then show the Burfict hit and say,  "This is not." Repeat with every 'legal' hit Cincy has had to suffer through.

And/or

B) the next preseason game, don't play defense. Just have the defensive players kneel in the huddle (cause kneeling is an acceptable form of protest for the NFL) and refuse to move. It'll be nonstop TDs, but it will cause embarrassment to the NFL. After the game,  state that this will continue for the duration of Burficts suspension.

That would be absolutely awesome to see and Burfict probably could get HIS defense to do it....but I can't decide which is better how fast I think the league officr would backpedal or watching NFLPA President Eric Winston have a breakdown on the sidelines...

RE: Burfict facing suspension - cincyfan429 - 08-28-2017

(08-28-2017, 12:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: It was legal hit.  **** this League
There is no way that was a good hit. Burfict destroyed him going over the middle, and the ball was no where near him. He is just a cheep player and stupid. There is reason such a talented player fell out of the draft. 

RE: Burfict facing suspension - McC - 08-28-2017

Burfict needs to wake the hell up and realize what is going on and adjust. Can he do it and not lose his mojo?

The intimidation factor was always a big deal but it seems like the league is trying to take that out of the game.

Bottom line, if someone is trying to burn you down, don't run around in a gasoline suit flicking your Bic. If they want you gone, at least make them have to work for it.

There is harder hits in the lingerie football league than then NFL at this point.

(08-28-2017, 06:40 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: There is no way that was a good hit. Burfict destroyed him going over the middle, and the ball was no where near him. He is just a cheep player and stupid. There is reason such a talented player fell out of the draft. 

What a bunch of bullshit man. It was a legal hit according to the damn rules. They are in this very thread.

Burfict has cleaned up this part of his game last season where he only had 2 penalties all year...

You could of said this a couple years ago but he has learned.

Maybe i agree with McC here cause he is treated different but don't call the dude cheap and stupid.

Burfict is the heart and soul of our Defense and is one of the best Linebackers in the NFL. He scares the Steelers and Pats.

That is what this is about, not this legal hit.

Burfict is the next Ray Lewis and the big boys hate that he is in Cincy.

RE: Burfict facing suspension - cincyfan429 - 08-28-2017

I do remember his stupid hit against Pittsburg in the playoff game. He was always a dirty player that is why nobody drafted him, he also a very good player.

(08-28-2017, 07:09 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: I do remember his stupid hit against Pittsburg in the playoff game. He was always a dirty player that is why nobody drafted him, he also a very good player.

I would say him having one of the worst combines of all the Linebackers is also a reason nobody drafted him.

But i would argue that every team in the NFL would love to have him now, especially the Steelers...

RE: Burfict facing suspension - Nebuchadnezzar - 08-28-2017

You and I know that if Burfict were cut five minutes before the Pittsburgh game and Pittsburgh signed him, suited him up and released him on the Bengals, everyone and their mother would be screaming "Now this is the way football is played...hard nosed...hard hitting...just smash em in the mouth FOOTBALL...YEAH!!!"

(08-28-2017, 07:31 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: You and I know that if Burfict were cut five minutes before the Pittsburgh game and Pittsburgh signed him, suited him up and released him on the Bengals, everyone and their mother would be screaming "Now this is the way football is played...hard nosed...hard hitting...just smash em in the mouth FOOTBALL...YEAH!!!"

No doubt, they would absolutely love the guy.

Pay the man is all i can say, that would be the suckiest day ever!!! Sick

RE: Burfict facing suspension - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-28-2017

Maybe everyone on the Cincinnati defense should hit hard. Then what Vontaze Burfict does wouldn't appear out of the ordinary.

RE: Burfict facing suspension - BobJones4980 - 08-28-2017

(08-28-2017, 06:30 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Five games is a heck of a lot for a rule that many people today have had varying opinions with.

Maybe he should have just knocked out his wife in an elevator and dragged her to the room, atleast then he would have only gotten 2 games that way. 

Or maybe he should have known better than to wear Orange and Black rather than Yellow/Black or Purple/Black.