Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? (/Thread-Anyone-starting-to-feel-a-little-worried)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Trademark - 08-31-2017

Our kickers have been shaky, our first round pick hurt his knee, Burfict is out 3 games. I know the schedule looks favorable but still a little concerning. Thinking I might sell my tickets back.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - JumboTron - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 11:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: Our kickers have been shaky, our first round pick hurt his knee, Burficy is out 3 games. I know the schedule looks favorable but still a little concerning. Thinking I might sell my tickets back.

I'm much more worried that a player I didn't even know was on the roster got suspended 3 games, but I trust this Burficy dude will be back better than ever.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Trademark - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 11:39 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I'm much more worried that a player I didn't even know was on the roster got suspended 3 games, but I trust this Burficy dude will be back better than ever.

LOL funny, my bad for the typo

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Pat5775 - 08-31-2017

Worried? No. This is pretty much what I expected. If the team wins more than 8 games I'll be very surprised. The kicking game looks as inconsistent as last year, the Oline will undoubtedly be an issue, Minter looks like a Maulauga clone, Burfict will miss out (again)... Nothing but foreboding signs this preseason. Gives me a very similar feeling I had at the conclusion of the 2008 preseason. Hopefully it's not nearly as bad as that...

I'd like to say at least a bad season will finally mean the end of Marv, but somehow I doubt it. The man was given a 2 year extension after a dismal 4 win season. I think it's very likely he gets another extension at the end of this season, playoffs or not.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - NATI BENGALS - 08-31-2017

Havent seen enough of the starters to worry

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Bilbo Saggins - 08-31-2017

On the bright side the o-line may not be terrible, Core & Malone look promising, and there are some good young pass rushers on the roster. The Ravens should be a good litmus test. The season will likely hinge on whether or not the D can stop the run/play well between the 20s and whether the O-line can keep improving.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Synric - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 11:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: Our kickers have been shaky, our first round pick hurt his knee, Burfict is out 3 games. I know the schedule looks favorable but still a little concerning. Thinking I might sell my tickets back.

He was back on the sideline and I didn't notice a brace. Look precautionary to me.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - TheUberHuber - 09-01-2017

Lol, quite honestly, I have been worried about the bengals since the 4th week of last season. Until they get the oline fixed they are not going to do squat. A kicker is the last on my list of bengal worries tbh. I am more concerned about Dalton getting seriously injured. Anybody who thinks the bengals are going to make a deep playoff run with this oline is completely delusional. Until they fix it, they are in rebuild mode.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Rattler - 09-01-2017

O line is horse dung

[Image: alexander140120_630.jpg]

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Atomic Orange - 09-01-2017

We can't score touchdowns. We are in big trouble.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Luvnit2 - 09-01-2017

(08-31-2017, 11:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Worried? No. This is pretty much what I expected. If the team wins more than 8 games I'll be very surprised. The kicking game looks as inconsistent as last year, the Oline will undoubtedly be an issue, Minter looks like a Maulauga clone, Burfict will miss out (again)... Nothing but foreboding signs this preseason. Gives me a very similar feeling I had at the conclusion of the 2008 preseason. Hopefully it's not nearly as bad as that...

I'd like to say at least a bad season will finally mean the end of Marv, but somehow I doubt it. The man was given a 2 year extension after a dismal 4 win season. I think it's very likely he gets another extension at the end of this season, playoffs or not.

If you are going to be a pessimist, at least root for 0=16 so we get the number 1 pick

Who cares if we win 8 games if no playoffs.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Murdock2420 - 09-01-2017

(08-31-2017, 11:53 PM)Synric Wrote: He was back on the sideline and I didn't notice a brace. Look precautionary to me.

He is getting an MRI apparently. Not what you want to hear about the injured 1st round pick who already had knee surgery.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - RoyleRedlegs - 09-01-2017

Eh. Was never expecting more than 8-8 at best tbh

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Essex Johnson - 09-01-2017

(08-31-2017, 11:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: Our kickers have been shaky, our first round pick hurt his knee, Burfict is out 3 games. I know the schedule looks favorable but still a little concerning. Thinking I might sell my tickets back.

I would not call 86% in FGs and perfect on extra points as shaky for kicking .. Ross went out with knee issue, we have nothing more so im not that worried .. sucks with Burfict but we have won without him.. i see it the other way.. our tackles performed better i believe than expected over the preseason.. our RB look solid, young players like Evans, Lawson and Willis did great.. looks like Chris Smith is a nice fine and i felt our CBs performed well and we came out of camp pretty healthy overall so im more happy than worried

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Pat5775 - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 12:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If you are going to be a pessimist, at least root for 0=16 so we get the number 1 pick

Who cares if we win 8 games if no playoffs.

Eh, I can't. I just can't ever root for the team to fail. Even if a losing season absolutely, 100% would guarantee Marvin would be gone, I still couldn't do it. Sick, right?

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Go Cards - 09-01-2017

Actually feel better than expected heading into game one.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - Synric - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 12:38 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He is getting an MRI apparently. Not what you want to hear about the injured 1st round pick who already had knee surgery.

Yea definitely not something you want to hear. None of the top WRs from this year's draft are having a good start to their careers...

Edit: No Crutches and No ice is a good sign though....hopefully.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - SHRacerX - 09-01-2017

I am more confident than ever. They came out of the preseason as healthy as they have in years. The draft class looks amazing, especially in the edge rushing department. That is something this team hasn't had in a very long time, and enough of it to have a rotation of edge rushers.

This is the year.

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - ochocincos - 09-01-2017

I been worried since day 1 yo!
[Image: baby.jpg]

RE: Anyone starting to feel a little worried? - THE PISTONS - 09-01-2017

IF we lose to Baltimore...it's time to worry. Until then...lets just see. You can find things on any roster to be positive/negative about.

But, there are definitely concerns. O-line. Our LB's look really slow. No Burfict. Ross injured.

There are positives - When healthy our offensive weapons are really fast and dynamic. The defensive line has tremendous depth. We're deep and talented at RB. We're a faster team overall.