Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone starting to feel a little worried?
Our kickers have been shaky, our first round pick hurt his knee, Burfict is out 3 games. I know the schedule looks favorable but still a little concerning. Thinking I might sell my tickets back.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 11:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: Our kickers have been shaky, our first round pick hurt his knee, Burficy is out 3 games. I know the schedule looks favorable but still a little concerning. Thinking I might sell my tickets back.

I'm much more worried that a player I didn't even know was on the roster got suspended 3 games, but I trust this Burficy dude will be back better than ever.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 11:39 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I'm much more worried that a player I didn't even know was on the roster got suspended 3 games, but I trust this Burficy dude will be back better than ever.

LOL funny, my bad for the typo
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Worried? No. This is pretty much what I expected. If the team wins more than 8 games I'll be very surprised. The kicking game looks as inconsistent as last year, the Oline will undoubtedly be an issue, Minter looks like a Maulauga clone, Burfict will miss out (again)... Nothing but foreboding signs this preseason. Gives me a very similar feeling I had at the conclusion of the 2008 preseason. Hopefully it's not nearly as bad as that...

I'd like to say at least a bad season will finally mean the end of Marv, but somehow I doubt it. The man was given a 2 year extension after a dismal 4 win season. I think it's very likely he gets another extension at the end of this season, playoffs or not.
Reply/Quote
Havent seen enough of the starters to worry
Reply/Quote
On the bright side the o-line may not be terrible, Core & Malone look promising, and there are some good young pass rushers on the roster. The Ravens should be a good litmus test. The season will likely hinge on whether or not the D can stop the run/play well between the 20s and whether the O-line can keep improving.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 11:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: Our kickers have been shaky, our first round pick hurt his knee, Burfict is out 3 games. I know the schedule looks favorable but still a little concerning. Thinking I might sell my tickets back.

He was back on the sideline and I didn't notice a brace. Look precautionary to me.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lol, quite honestly, I have been worried about the bengals since the 4th week of last season. Until they get the oline fixed they are not going to do squat. A kicker is the last on my list of bengal worries tbh. I am more concerned about Dalton getting seriously injured. Anybody who thinks the bengals are going to make a deep playoff run with this oline is completely delusional. Until they fix it, they are in rebuild mode.
Reply/Quote
O line is horse dung

[Image: alexander140120_630.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We can't score touchdowns. We are in big trouble.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 11:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Worried? No. This is pretty much what I expected. If the team wins more than 8 games I'll be very surprised. The kicking game looks as inconsistent as last year, the Oline will undoubtedly be an issue, Minter looks like a Maulauga clone, Burfict will miss out (again)... Nothing but foreboding signs this preseason. Gives me a very similar feeling I had at the conclusion of the 2008 preseason. Hopefully it's not nearly as bad as that...

I'd like to say at least a bad season will finally mean the end of Marv, but somehow I doubt it. The man was given a 2 year extension after a dismal 4 win season. I think it's very likely he gets another extension at the end of this season, playoffs or not.

If you are going to be a pessimist, at least root for 0=16 so we get the number 1 pick

Who cares if we win 8 games if no playoffs.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 11:53 PM)Synric Wrote: He was back on the sideline and I didn't notice a brace. Look precautionary to me.

He is getting an MRI apparently. Not what you want to hear about the injured 1st round pick who already had knee surgery.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Eh. Was never expecting more than 8-8 at best tbh
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 11:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: Our kickers have been shaky, our first round pick hurt his knee, Burfict is out 3 games. I know the schedule looks favorable but still a little concerning. Thinking I might sell my tickets back.

I would not call 86% in FGs and perfect on extra points as shaky for kicking .. Ross went out with knee issue, we have nothing more so im not that worried .. sucks with Burfict but we have won without him.. i see it the other way.. our tackles performed better i believe than expected over the preseason.. our RB look solid, young players like Evans, Lawson and Willis did great.. looks like Chris Smith is a nice fine and i felt our CBs performed well and we came out of camp pretty healthy overall so im more happy than worried
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 12:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If you are going to be a pessimist, at least root for 0=16 so we get the number 1 pick

Who cares if we win 8 games if no playoffs.

Eh, I can't. I just can't ever root for the team to fail. Even if a losing season absolutely, 100% would guarantee Marvin would be gone, I still couldn't do it. Sick, right?
Reply/Quote
Actually feel better than expected heading into game one.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 12:38 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He is getting an MRI apparently. Not what you want to hear about the injured 1st round pick who already had knee surgery.

Yea definitely not something you want to hear. None of the top WRs from this year's draft are having a good start to their careers...

Edit: No Crutches and No ice is a good sign though....hopefully.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I am more confident than ever. They came out of the preseason as healthy as they have in years. The draft class looks amazing, especially in the edge rushing department. That is something this team hasn't had in a very long time, and enough of it to have a rotation of edge rushers.

This is the year.
Reply/Quote

I been worried since day 1 yo!
[Image: baby.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
IF we lose to Baltimore...it's time to worry. Until then...lets just see. You can find things on any roster to be positive/negative about.

But, there are definitely concerns. O-line. Our LB's look really slow. No Burfict. Ross injured.

There are positives - When healthy our offensive weapons are really fast and dynamic. The defensive line has tremendous depth. We're deep and talented at RB. We're a faster team overall.
Reply/Quote