Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone starting to feel a little worried?
there is no reason to be worried.

We have a good strong team with decent depth in most areas. OL has looked better than expected in the preseason and as they play more together it will gel as the season goes.

Defense has looked pretty good with the young guys shining... Missing Burfict will hurt for 3 games. But better at the start of the year than the end.

Our offense is healthy.. Yes ross got hurt. But that's not a loss yet as we haven't really had him yet. Malone and Core look more than ready to contribute and are both fast.

Saftey could be a concern depending on how recovering is going but our backups played well and got some meaning play time under their belts.

No team is stacked across the board you play to your strengths. If this team can get early leads it can most likely keep them.

About the worst thing that happened this preseason outside of the burfict thing which I would go after the NFL for targeting burfict with unnecessary fines and suspensions is McCarrons Trade stock I will assumed dropped.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 12:01 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Lol, quite honestly, I have been worried about the bengals since the 4th week of last season. Until they get the oline fixed they are not going to do squat.  A kicker is the last on my list of bengal worries tbh. I am more concerned about Dalton getting seriously injured. Anybody who thinks the bengals are going to make a deep playoff run with this oline is completely delusional.  Until they fix it, they are in rebuild mode.

If the offense can't score TDs, kicking field goals will not help that much. Keep Elliott and get on with the season.
Reply/Quote
No offense but Cody Core has looked terrible this preseason. He's made multiple route running mistakes and has failed to make catches a starting NFL WR needs to make.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 03:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: No offense but Cody Core has looked terrible this preseason. He's made multiple route running mistakes and has failed to make catches a starting NFL WR needs to make.

Yep. We have Josh Malone to do that for us now. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 03:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: That was do to the lockout

Yeah, I've heard that it was due to the lockout. Ive heard Marv came back because he wanted (and got) more control. I've heard it was because nobody else wanted Marvin, including the college ranks... Really, who knows? For whatever reason, he was brought back. Whether he has more control or not, the team still consistently falls on their face in playoffs games, Primetime games and Steeler games. 

Not a whole lot has changed. But one thing has: consistent playoff appearances. While that's great and all, not being able to get past the wild card round has become embarrassing. But to the Brown family, I'm sure the "consistent winning" is more than enough for them. If we miss out on a playoff spot again this season, they'll see it as two blips on the radar and look at it as "6 playoff appearances in 8 years". Basically, I don't think they have the testicular fortitude to take a chance with someone else
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 04:05 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yeah, I've heard that it was due to the lockout. Ive heard Marv came back because he wanted (and got) more control. I've heard it was because nobody else wanted Marvin, including the college ranks... Really, who knows? For whatever reason, he was brought back. Whether he has more control or not, the team still consistently falls on their face in playoffs games, Primetime games and Steeler games. 

Not a whole lot has changed. But one thing has: consistent playoff appearances. While that's great and all, not being able to get past the wild card round has become embarrassing. But to the Brown family, I'm sure the "consistent winning" is more than enough for them. If we miss out on a playoff spot again this season, they'll see it as two blips on the radar and look at it as "6 playoff appearances in 8 years". Basically, I don't think they have the testicular fortitude to take a chance with someone else

But with more control the team was consistent playoff appearances.. While that haven't broken thru yet... You don't have a chance if you don't make the dance.

Fact marvin hasn't been extended even the 1 year shows its put up or shut up time
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 03:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: No offense but Cody Core has looked terrible this preseason. He's made multiple route running mistakes and has failed to make catches a starting NFL WR needs to make.

Malone looked pretty good when I saw him play...
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 04:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: But with more control the team was consistent playoff appearances.. While that haven't broken thru yet... You don't have a chance if you don't make the dance.

Fact marvin hasn't been extended even the 1 year shows its put up or shut up time

This is my hope as well. It certainly seems like the organization is giving Marvin one more chance to get this team over the hump. But if the team again fails to advance in the playoffs, and the time comes to either re-sign him or move on... I hope they have the gumption to follow through and let Marvin walk. 
Reply/Quote
In the one game that you can really tell something about in the Preseason our 1's dominated a good team at home.

Not worried in the slightest.

Now if we cannot stop the run against the Ravens i will start to worry a bit. That was a big problem last year with our front 7.

I am hoping Billings, Minter, Vigil, Vinny and Willis help with this. Liking Jordan Evans tons too, could be a future star for us.

Bastids suspending Burfict really pisses me off, total horse shit. But hey he will be back week 4.

The O-line has looked better than i expected already and by pretty much everyone's opinion, that is where the season hinges.

Mixon, Willis, Smith and Lawson look amazing out there. These new faces are a breath of fresh air.

Expecting to make the Playoffs this year but lose cause of Marv cause that writing is on the wall.

Still should be an exciting regular season though.
Reply/Quote
I stated worrying before training camp, and preseason didn't really change my perspective! I'm glad these games don't count,but somebody on this team had better step up and show some winning attitude. The Cleveland Clowns were perfect in preseason !
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 03:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: because the backups and 3rd stringers struggled?

This statement had nothing to do with that whatsoever.  The only concerning thing in this game was the three IN A ROW missed FGs.

All 4 games in general.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 08:05 PM)firstand10 Wrote: I stated worrying before training camp, and preseason didn't really change my perspective! I'm glad these games don't count,but somebody on this team had better step up and show some winning attitude. The Cleveland Clowns were perfect in preseason !

So did the Lions when they went 0-16 in the regular season.

As i said we dominated the 1's of the Redskins with our 1's. That is a good sign, all else besides injuries is moot in Preseason.
Reply/Quote
[Image: what-me-worry-715605.jpg]

Nope

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 11:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Worried? No. This is pretty much what I expected. If the team wins more than 8 games I'll be very surprised. The kicking game looks as inconsistent as last year, the Oline will undoubtedly be an issue, Minter looks like a Maulauga clone, Burfict will miss out (again)... Nothing but foreboding signs this preseason. Gives me a very similar feeling I had at the conclusion of the 2008 preseason. Hopefully it's not nearly as bad as that...

I'd like to say at least a bad season will finally mean the end of Marv, but somehow I doubt it. The man was given a 2 year extension after a dismal 4 win season. I think it's very likely he gets another extension at the end of this season, playoffs or not.

Sad, but likely true. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 12:38 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He is getting an MRI apparently. Not what you want to hear about the injured 1st round pick who already had knee surgery.

If the MRI shows no tears, he will be good to go in a few weeks.
Reply/Quote
To early to start worrying, let's see how the starters hold up week 1. 
Reply/Quote
Hell no I'm not worried... First off, I have grown man problems to worry about. The Bengals are for fun. Second, they have AJ Green in his prime, a young Adrian Peterson, a healthy Eifert (for now), a resurgent Jeremy Hill (contract year baby), and the ever improving And Dalton on offense. The defense boasts an elite interior lineman, a 6'6" playmaking DE, the most ferocious LB of this generation, promising young players at multiple positions... Don't even get me started on Alex Erickson in the return game.

Geoff Hobsin ain't got shit on me!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
You guys are going to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. You watch.
Reply/Quote
I'm worried about playcalling and clock management more than anything else.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:57 AM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys are going to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. You watch.

i'm sure most here have told you this, but i just have to say i really appreciate your optimism and outside perspective on the bengals. thank you sir.
Reply/Quote