Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
OSU fans?? Where art thou? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: All Other Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Other-Sports)
+--- Thread: OSU fans?? Where art thou? (/Thread-OSU-fans-Where-art-thou)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: OSU fans?? Where art thou? - jfkbengals - 12-30-2017

Spot is short

Huard keeps blaming the USC tight ends for failing to block Bosa and Hubbard one on one. Not the TEs fault. Coach's fault for being dumb enough to leave a TE one on one with either of those guys...

Darnold claiming they should have gotten the PI flag. That was to make up for the two unflagged holds on the 3rd and 17 conversion...

(12-29-2017, 11:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Darnold just dropped to the 2nd round

Should we take him in the third?

RE: OSU fans?? Where art thou? - michaelsean - 12-30-2017

(12-30-2017, 01:13 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Darnold claiming they should have gotten the PI flag. That was to make up for the two unflagged holds on the 3rd and 17 conversion...

Yeah that was a bad one.

OSU offense looks like total crap. Thankfully USC has shot off both their hands and feet.

Oh and I wouldn’t have allowed Denzel Ward on the sidelines. You are free to make your decisions, and if one of them is to not play then you are no longer a member of the team.

Down 17 with 3:30 to go a Trojan just did a first down drop the ball move.

(12-30-2017, 01:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh and I wouldn’t have allowed Denzel Ward on the sidelines. You are free to make your decisions, and if one of them is to not play then you are no longer a member of the team.

Ditto.

And I completely disagree with the late hit foul on Ohio State.  Dude finished his tackle at the sideline.  He was inbounds when he started to chuck Darnold down.  Darnold tried to fight through it to get OB.

(12-30-2017, 02:00 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Down 17 with 3:30 to go a Trojan just did a first down drop the ball move.

He was droppin' the mike, cause they were done...

(12-30-2017, 02:09 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Ditto.

And I completely disagree with the late hit foul on Ohio State.  Dude finished his tackle at the sideline.  He was inbounds when he started to chuck Darnold down.  Darnold tried to fight through it to get OB.

Agreed. Sorry you got pushed hard. Terrible spot on 4th down

(12-30-2017, 02:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Agreed. Sorry you got pushed hard. Terrible spot on 4th down

Stunned they didn't check it on replay or with the chains...

One thing is for certain with this game. The Bengals ABSOLUTLEY SHOULD NOT DRAFT ANY USC OFFENSIVE LINEMEN!!!!

(12-30-2017, 02:12 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Stunned they didn't check it on replay or with the chains...

He was a yard short easily.

OSU fans?? Where art thou? - Storer50 - 12-30-2017

Is it too soon to label darnald a bust?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

RE: OSU fans?? Where art thou? - BengalHawk62 - 12-30-2017

Congratulations to the ‘nuts! The Big Ten hasn’t lost a bowl game yet. Let’s keep it rolling! F the SEC.

RE: OSU fans?? Where art thou? - SunsetBengal - 12-30-2017

See ya, JT. Thanks for the memories.

Hopefully this will also be a break from the run-pass option offense. When Haskins has been at the helm, they go to more of a Pro-Style offense. Seems like everyone plays better; OL, backs, receivers. Could it be because they know that they'll actually get the ball more often?

RE: OSU fans?? Where art thou? - jfkbengals - 12-31-2017

(12-30-2017, 12:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See ya, JT.  Thanks for the memories.

Hopefully this will also be a break from the run-pass option offense.  When Haskins has been at the helm, they go to more of a Pro-Style offense.  Seems like everyone plays better;  OL, backs, receivers.  Could it be because they know that they'll actually get the ball more often?

I think it is more of a situation of our players upping their game to help out the inexperienced QB, and the opposing defense playing the run more anticipating the inexperienced QB will keep the ball and take off instead of passing.

If Urban didn't use the option less with Cardale Jones, I don't see him changing anything for Haskins.

RE: OSU fans?? Where art thou? - SunsetBengal - 12-31-2017

(12-31-2017, 05:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I think it is more of a situation of our players upping their game to help out the inexperienced QB, and the opposing defense playing the run more anticipating the inexperienced QB will keep the ball and take off instead of passing.

If Urban didn't use the option less with Cardale Jones, I don't see him changing anything for Haskins.

No, no, no.  In the run=pass option, the OL don't know weather to commit to blocking downfield, or stick close to the line.  In the Pro-Set, if it's a run, they block like it.  If it's a pass, they block like it.  The RBs know this, so they give 100%.  On called pass plays, the receiving corps is also all perked up, as they know they might legitimately get the ball.