Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet (/Thread-Whit-vs-Ogbuehi-Tweet)

Pages: 1 2

Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - TheLeonardLeap - 09-18-2017

[Image: computer-crying.gif]

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - TSwigZ - 09-18-2017

We took a gamble going into the year with this oline everyone knew it but thought no way it could be this bad bc the coaches wouldn't let that happen well they did and now we face the consequences

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - McC - 09-18-2017

One.

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - TheLeonardLeap - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 06:43 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: We took a gamble going into the year with this oline everyone knew it but thought no way it could be this bad bc the coaches wouldn't let that happen well they did and now we face the consequences

Gamble implies there was ever a chance of succeeding. Replacing Whitworth with Ogbuehi (after what we saw from him last year) was like when Joey Votto got hurt and Walt Jocketty made no move, letting Jack Hannahan fill in for him after he had hit .216/.317/.288 the previous year. Giving birth to the infamous phrase when asked about who will fill the spot: "We've got Jack for that."

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 06:43 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: We took a gamble going into the year with this oline everyone knew it but thought no way it could be this bad bc the coaches wouldn't let that happen well they did and now we face the consequences

*Ahem*.....there were a few that thought it would be this bad.

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - bengalfan74 - 09-19-2017

Coming into this season with Ogbuehi as our starting LT, after seeing his performance last season, without a backup plan ?

Astounding !

This may well go down in Bengals history as a top 3 fubar

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - BURROWorBUST - 09-19-2017

Ogbuehi is the new Akili

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - Stonyhands - 09-19-2017

Kind of reminds me of when we let Steinbach go the same year Levi Jones and Willie Anderson were recovering from injuries and Braham retired and the failed Stacy Andrews project. That only resulted in a bloody nose for Carson and a season ending elbow injury. But don't worry I'm sure Alexander thoroughly scouted our two young new tackles and they are clearly on the all-pro track.

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - The Caped Crusader - 09-19-2017

I'm surprised we haven't tried to pick up free agents, or tried other players out. Makes me wonder how bad Eric Winston was that they let him walk in favor of CO.

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - BengalsBong - 09-19-2017

Just watched Ogbuehi in slow motion every snap of the last game against the Texans. He looked like a guy getting his second start at his true LT position. Not great at all needs to work on the bull rush but he is not weak just needs help with technique. He wiffed on some blocks but he does not deserve the sky is falling comments he gets here. He is asked to block at the second level a lot. He does not really look like a polished first round pick but he has been sitting on the bench for three years or playing out of position at RT. I do predict he plays here for a long time as our starting LT if he can just slow the bull rush a little bit better.

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - SHRacerX - 09-19-2017

(09-18-2017, 06:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

[Image: computer-crying.gif]

Yeah, the Rams played real defensive juggernauts in Indy and Washington.  Not a very fair comparison.  I will be anxious to see how these numbers look after they play Seattle twice.  

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - Housh - 09-19-2017

Imo letting Whit AND Kevin go made it not even a gamble. We knew for a Fact the line would suck and purposely didn't fix it

Cheap is the word

Also apparently Mike doesn't value lineman. That's freaking stupid. Thats like a baseball manager saying he doesn't value depth at the pitcher position

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 06:58 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Just watched Ogbuehi in slow motion every snap of the last game against the Texans. He looked like a guy getting his second start at his true LT position. Not great at all needs to work on the bull rush but he is not weak just needs help with technique. He wiffed on some blocks but he does not deserve the sky is falling comments he gets here. He is asked to block at the second level a lot. He does not really look like a polished first round pick but he has been sitting on the bench for three years or playing out of position at RT. I do predict he plays here for a long time as our starting LT if he can just slow the bull rush a little bit better.

You're right, Og doesn't deserve a lot of the ire....but the FO MOST CERTAINLY does.  I don't think people are trashing him as much as they are the FO for not having a backup plan, drafting him in the first place, and having a position coach on staff that apparently can't coach up the talent he HAND SELECTED.  

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-19-2017

(09-18-2017, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Gamble implies there was ever a chance of succeeding. Replacing Whitworth with Ogbuehi (after what we saw from him last year) was like when Joey Votto got hurt and Walt Jocketty made no move, letting Jack Hannahan fill in for him after he had hit .216/.317/.288 the previous year. Giving birth to the infamous phrase when asked about who will fill the spot: "We've got Jack for that."

Now that's a random player from the past...

Despite his (somewhat) walking prowess, Hannahan would NEVER have had a higher OBP than SLG Wink

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - Bengalboy - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 06:58 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Just watched Ogbuehi in slow motion every snap of the last game against the Texans. He looked like a guy getting his second start at his true LT position. Not great at all needs to work on the bull rush but he is not weak just needs help with technique. He wiffed on some blocks but he does not deserve the sky is falling comments he gets here. He is asked to block at the second level a lot. He does not really look like a polished first round pick but he has been sitting on the bench for three years or playing out of position at RT. I do predict he plays here for a long time as our starting LT if he can just slow the bull rush a little bit better.

He gets beaten with speed on the outside way too much for a guy that has his kind of athleticism/size. He just doesn't do much good at all. If you look at him he just appears to be the perfect physical specimen for a LT in the modern NFL, but he simply doesn't play that way. I don't think he will amount to anything better than a below average starting LT at the very best. He has never shown anything ... ever.

The only widlcard in all of this is that "if" and im on the side of "he is" Alexander is a bad coach and we get some kind of Offensive line Whisperer in here to coach these guys to the best they could ever be, then maybe ... just maybe Ced becomes something. But this franchise is not the franchise that will pay for that kind of guy to come here.

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - Pat5775 - 09-19-2017

(09-18-2017, 11:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: *Ahem*.....there were a few that thought it would be this bad.

How dare we, the fans, dare question this coaching staffs decisions??  Ninja

I swear, I trust some members of this board a lot more than I trust the coaches with over half of the decisions they make... 

Sure, I'm exaggerating but only a little bit. How sad is that?

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 12:11 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: How dare we, the fans, dare question this coaching staffs decisions??  Ninja

I swear, I trust some members of this board a lot more than I trust the coaches with over half of the decisions they make... 

Sure, I'm exaggerating but only a little bit. How sad is that?

Pretty sad my friend, pretty sad.

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - Benton - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 08:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, the Rams played real defensive juggernauts in Indy and Washington.  Not a very fair comparison.  I will be anxious to see how these numbers look after they play Seattle twice.  

Eh, isn't the tweet comparing the first two games of 16 (Whit year) versus the first two games of 17 (Whit-less year)?

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - SHRacerX - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 04:01 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh, isn't the tweet comparing the first two games of 16 (Whit year) versus the first two games of 17 (Whit-less year)?

Good point.  I wonder why they didn't use Whit's first two games of 2017, because I actually heard some rumblings about how it is a different offense where the ball doesn't come out as quickly and he had already been beaten badly on a sack.  

Bottom line:  I wish he was here and we would have another year to draft a replacement, but the Rams offered quite a bit better deal and he jumped at it.  I think it is laughable to think he had a better chance of winning there, though.  

RE: Whit vs Ogbuehi Tweet - J24 - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 05:25 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good point.  I wonder why they didn't use Whit's first two games of 2017, because I actually heard some rumblings about how it is a different offense where the ball doesn't come out as quickly and he had already been beaten badly on a sack.  

Bottom line:  I wish he was here and we would have another year to draft a replacement, but the Rams offered quite a bit better deal and he jumped at it.  I think it is laughable to think he had a better chance of winning there, though.  

The Bengals should have frachised him it was an a easy decision to make. Anyone who isn't being critical of that decision is being a homer.