Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
players only meeting - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: players only meeting (/Thread-players-only-meeting)

Pages: 1 2 3

players only meeting - Goalpost - 10-23-2017

In baseball they do it all the time. In fact I have never heard a manager get mad that the players call for one.

What would be your thoughts if the Bengals...

RE: players only meeting - ochocincos - 10-23-2017

[Image: Mutiny-Festival.jpg]

RE: players only meeting - THE PISTONS - 10-23-2017

When you have as many talent issues as we do...what would a meeting do?

'Hey offensive line...try harder to block.'

'Hey WR's...try harder to get open.'

RE: players only meeting - Shake n Blake - 10-23-2017

Are you saying the Bengals just had a players only meeting? Or that they should?

If the latter, this was a slightly misleading headline. If the former, there's nothing the players can do to change the o-line, head coach or line coach.

RE: players only meeting - Goalpost - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 12:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Are you saying the Bengals just had a players only meeting? Or that they should?

If the latter, this was a slightly misleading headline.

They didn't.  Sorry if the title was misleading.  Do you think it would help the team if they did?

(10-23-2017, 12:30 PM)Goalpost Wrote: They didn't.  Sorry if the title was misleading.  Do you think it would help the team if they did?

No. 

No coaching change will be made mid-season (yeah, Lazor...but it won't happen again), and it's nearly impossible to improve the o-line at this stage. Our "GM" and staff made their bed, now we'll all lie in it. Now if the players want to approach Mike Brown in a mass protest at the end of the season, I'd love that...but good luck changing that stubborn %$#@'s mind.

RE: players only meeting - WeezyBengal - 10-23-2017

I dont think it matters. This team sucks. The talent isnt there. Offensive line is garbage. No receivers outside of AJ. Defense is mediocre.

RE: players only meeting - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 12:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When you have as many talent issues as we do...what would a meeting do?

'Hey offensive line...try harder to block.'

'Hey WR's...try harder to get open.'

Agree, but in fairness the WRs, it's mighty hard to get open when they absolutely do not even try to defend the run.  At 2.4 YPC, why bother?

RE: players only meeting - Big Boss - 10-23-2017

The only player-meeting I'd be interested in is the entire 53-man roster marching into Mike Brown's office demanding a coaching change at the end of the season.

Which has about as much chance of happening as me landing a one-night stand with Margot Robbie.

RE: players only meeting - Benton - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 12:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree, but in fairness the WRs, it's mighty hard to get open when they absolutely do not even try to defend the run.  At 2.4 YPC, why bother?

Pretty much my thoughts.

We've got some decent receivers, but if a team can just focus on one part of the offense because the other part isn't working, then it makes it a lot easier for DCs.

(10-23-2017, 12:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Pretty much my thoughts.

We've got some decent receivers, but if a team can just focus on one part of the offense because the other part isn't working, then it makes it a lot easier for DCs.

Absolutely, I even alluded to it in the gameday thread.

RE: players only meeting - Gamma Ray Tan - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 12:44 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The only player-meeting I'd be interested in is the entire 53-man roster marching into Mike Brown's office demanding a coaching change at the end of the season.

Which has about as much chance of happening as me landing a one-night stand with Margot Robbie.

So you're saying there's a chance........
-Lloyd Christmas

(10-23-2017, 12:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree, but in fairness the WRs, it's mighty hard to get open when they absolutely do not even try to defend the run.  At 2.4 YPC, why bother?

Also.. as Romo pointed out, the receivers don't have time to finish their routes. Makes it hard for them and for Andy.

(10-23-2017, 02:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Also.. as Romo pointed out, the receivers don't have time to finish their routes. Makes it hard for them and for Andy.

Good call, that's absolutely a variable of it.  Why in the absolute hell is Billy Joel still here?

RE: players only meeting - Pat5775 - 10-23-2017

There's not a player on this team with the sack to organize a "player's only meeting", much less a walk into Mike's office to demand change. First off, he signs their paychecks and they won't bite the hand that feeds them. That part I understand. Also, I'm sure they realize any meetings or demands they make are futile. That part I also understand.

What I don't understand is how any self-respecting team of football players can lie down and accept this BS. I can't believe nobody has done or said a thing. How has not one player got in Marvs face and cussed him out yet? Same for Paul Alexander for that matter. How has not one player called out Marvin in the media yet? (Though I think Mixon is getting very close) How can these players be laughing on the sidelines after getting utterly humiliated against Pittsburgh yet again? It blows my mind

RE: players only meeting - TheUberHuber - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 12:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: Mutiny-Festival.jpg]

Oh man.. I am getting scared the bengals incompetence is going to break green and he is going to pull a Palmer on us... 

RE: players only meeting - TheLeonardLeap - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 02:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Also.. as Romo pointed out, the receivers don't have time to finish their routes. Makes it hard for them and for Andy.

And when they do finish their routes, their either run the wrong route, or do it poorly. (Core)

Swear I thought Dalton was going to stare a hole through him after that play. He went off and Malone went on after it.

Feels like far too often the WRs are either not where they're supposed to be, or they need help getting lined up. Goes back to the poor coaching all around.

(10-23-2017, 03:10 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Oh man.. I am getting scared the bengals incompetence is going to break green and he is going to pull a Palmer on us... 

It's going to happen. Palmer seemed like a good company man...until he didn't. 

After 7 years of the same failures (can't beat Steelers, can't win playoff games, etc), you're going to have a point where enough is enough.

RE: players only meeting - PhilHos - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 03:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's going to happen. Palmer seemed like a good company man...until he didn't. 

After 7 years of the same failures (can't beat Steelers, can't win playoff games, etc), you're going to have a point where enough is enough.

I can't help but think that yesterday afternoon on 4th down in the 4th QTR was that point for Dalton.

(10-23-2017, 03:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: There's not a player on this team with the sack to organize a "player's only meeting", much less a walk into Mike's office to demand change. First off, he signs their paychecks and they won't bite the hand that feeds them. That part I understand. Also, I'm sure they realize any meetings or demands they make are futile. That part I also understand.

What I don't understand is how any self-respecting team of football players can lie down and accept this BS. I can't believe nobody has done or said a thing. How has not one player got in Marvs face and cussed him out yet? Same for Paul Alexander for that matter. How has not one player called out Marvin in the media yet? (Though I think Mixon is getting very close) How can these players be laughing on the sidelines after getting utterly humiliated against Pittsburgh yet again? It blows my mind

Well, you're forgetting all of the talk around the Zampese dismissal.  There was a lot of grumbling, and reports of Dalton and Green leaving the locker room together, talking privately.  The next day, he was gone.