Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak (/Thread-New-OL-coach-Pollack-looking-for-guys-with-a-nasty-streak)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - ochocincos - 01-24-2018

Hobson just posted an article where Pollack talks about what he's looking for in OL.
The main takeaway is he likes guys with a nasty streak.
He also likes scheme versatility. The ability to play power or zone.
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Down-the-line/b242d055-9da4-4fc3-949e-0108c14d8098

I know Jake Fisher had a mean streak coming out of Oregon. Ogbuehi did not. Bodine I think (kinda?) had that but may have been influenced by Alexander's more passive approach.
I'll be singling out OL prospects in the draft that have "mean streaks" as likely candidates to be drafted by the Bengals.

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - grampahol - 01-24-2018

Pretty much boiler plate stuff.. I would be rather shocked to say the least if he said, 'I'm looking for wilting flowers with absolutely no ability '.. or 'we're looking for the scrubs nobody else wants.' I think that nobody should have to tell us that they want the biggest badest meanest guys who can do it all.. That sort of goes without saying I should think.. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps it's some revelation that has never been thought of before..

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - MentalRage - 01-24-2018

Well I know guards Quentin Nelson and Will Hernandez have mean streaks. I did read that Lazor and Austin are at the senior bowl and were locked onto Hernandez yesterday.

Also, check out tackle Alex Cappa out of Humboldt State. He's from a D2 school but he was tossing dudes around at the senior bowl.

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - McC - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 11:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hobson just posted an article where Pollack talks about what he's looking for in OL.
The main takeaway is he likes guys with a nasty streak.
He also likes scheme versatility. The ability to play power or zone.
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Down-the-line/b242d055-9da4-4fc3-949e-0108c14d8098

I know Jake Fisher had a mean streak coming out of Oregon. Ogbuehi did not. Bodine I think (kinda?) had that but may have been influenced by Alexander's more passive approach.
I'll be singling out OL prospects in the draft that have "mean streaks" as likely candidates to be drafted by the Bengals.

Hell yes.  Buncha big, mean sunsa bitches.   Eat DLinemen for lunch.   Block like their asses are on fire and DT's are guarding the water.  Turn the glaring weakness into a dominating strength. 

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - McC - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 12:29 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Well I know guards Quentin Nelson and Will Hernandez have mean streaks. I did read that Lazor and Austin are at the senior bowl and were locked onto Hernandez yesterday.

Also, check out tackle Alex Cappa out of Humboldt State. He's from a D2 school but he was tossing dudes around at the senior bowl.

Hell yeah.  Gimme dudes that toss dudes around.

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - ochocincos - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 12:29 PM)grampahol Wrote: Pretty much boiler plate stuff.. I would be rather shocked to say the least if he said,  'I'm looking for wilting flowers with absolutely no ability '.. or 'we're looking for the scrubs nobody else wants.'  I think that nobody should have to tell us that they want the biggest badest meanest guys who can do it all.. That sort of goes without saying I should think.. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps it's some revelation that has never been thought of before..

I don't recall Alexander ever openly stating he wants guys with a mean streak...? He favored athleticism among everything else.

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - Vas Deferens - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 12:31 PM)McC Wrote: Hell yeah.  Gimme dudes that toss dudes around.

you always have loved a good dude tossin

(01-24-2018, 12:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: you always have loved a good dude tossin

I have.  I always have.  Long as no one's tossin' dudes at me.

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 12:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't recall Alexander ever openly stating he wants guys with a mean streak...? He favored athleticism among everything else.

Except for "Nasty Nate"

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - lone bengal - 01-24-2018

The line where the article says “ they also think it’s a nice fit with center Russell Bodine , who’s Bengals career is in limbo and that Pollack liked him coming out of the draft “ made me vomit in my mouth a little. Looks like they might be bringing back that loser to play center again. Marvin and possibly Bodine back ! We would be one step closer to the Super Bowl sounds like a lot of changes are coming to this team !

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - ochocincos - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 12:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Except for "Nasty Nate"

I do remember that now, but I still find it kind of amusing given Evan Mathis actually did have a nasty streak but Alexander preferred Livings.

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - XenoMorph - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 12:31 PM)McC Wrote: Hell yeah.  Gimme dudes that toss dudes around.

well all miss Jason shirley

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - Vas Deferens - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 12:42 PM)McC Wrote: I have.  I always have.  Long as no one's tossin' dudes at me.

better watch it.  goin to get too deep in that dude tossin game one day and find yer feets in the air headed in a perpendicular direction.

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - XenoMorph - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 12:48 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The line where the article says “ they also think it’s a nice fit with center Russell Bodine , who’s Bengals career is in limbo and that Pollack liked him coming out of the draft “ made me vomit in my mouth a little. Looks like they might be bringing back this loser to play center again.

if we think OL coaching was the problem before why wouldn't we believe in the new proven OL coach coming in?

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - sandwedge - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 12:48 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The line where the article says “ they also think it’s a nice fit with center Russell Bodine , who’s Bengals career is in limbo and that Pollack liked him coming out of the draft “ made me vomit in my mouth a little. Looks like they might be bringing back this loser to play center again.
If I remember correctly, a lot teams had liked Bodine. The scouting reports were, country strong, good at the second level. This might have been a case of square peg in a round hole. 

(01-24-2018, 12:51 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: better watch it.  goin to get too deep in that dude tossin game one day and find yer feets in the air headed in a perpendicular direction.

I've been both the tosser and the tossee.

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - fredtoast - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 11:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The main takeaway is he likes guys with a nasty streak.

Based on this picture of his underwear it looks like Ogbuehi still has a chance to play under Pollack.

[Image: skid-mark-pants.jpg]

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - Go Cards - 01-24-2018

That must mean most are getting cut.

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - grampahol - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 12:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't recall Alexander ever openly stating he wants guys with a mean streak...? He favored athleticism among everything else.

LOL..like I've said before even little girls in Olympic gymnastics are pretty damn athletic..and as an added bonus make us all feel like old perverts watching them on TV..

RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - Go Cards - 01-24-2018

Actually glad to hear and hopefully the message is received.