Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mass shootings - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Mass shootings (/Thread-Mass-shootings)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Mass shootings - Dill - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Then why are they upset? 

As Fred just pointed out, it was not a list of names or things normal people would need to keep track of.

If the note was not doctored, then it was guidance on how to empathize. Coaching. Perhaps also created to help him filter and stay focused--i.e., not say something about Hillary or how the tragedy affected him. Keep it on the kids' feelings.

Which president or presidential candidate since Andrew Jackson would need note # 5 "I hear you"?

RE: Mass shootings - fredtoast - 02-21-2018

The other side of the card

"Don't blame Hillary"

"Don't mention that 'Cruz' is a Mexican name" (more than once)

"Don't stare at the firm young teenage titties" (for too long)

RE: Mass shootings - GMDino - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 10:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I watched the whole thing, I know he didn't use it. He showed zero empathy. 

As a speaker, the guy is useless if he's not able to talk about himself or people he hates. 

Even better!  Someone tried to help him sound not like an egotistical seven year old and he still failed?

Oh crap...I forgot.  He's a "man" he doesn't need to be emotional.  Just tough!

He's such a sad "man" in my eyes.

And he's on a short list of others that I feel the same way about.

RE: Mass shootings - StLucieBengal - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 10:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The best part was probably when Trump suggested arming teachers and putting undercover cops in the schools as custodians and cafeteria workers.

He asked for a show of hands for support and got barely any hands up. He then asked who didn't like it and more hands went up.

Either way, I guess I'm getting a free gun and a new co-worker. Can't wait for my PD days to be spent with target practice.

You know they could easily arm a few teachers per wing/hall whichever your campus has... pay for their training plus give them a stipend for doing it. And you also know several teachers would jump at the additional stipend.

RE: Mass shootings - bfine32 - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 10:23 PM)Dill Wrote: As Fred just pointed out, it was not a list of names or things normal people would need to keep track of.

If the note was not doctored, then it was guidance on how to empathize. Coaching. Perhaps also created to help him filter and stay focused--i.e., not say something about Hillary or how the tragedy affected him. Keep it on the kids' feelings.

Which president or presidential candidate since Andrew Jackson would need note # 5 "I hear you"?

I have zero idea who many presidents would need a note to say "I hear you", but I know I would blame 0 of them that brought such notes to such an event. There are some things in this forum that make me question the rationality of folks in this forum and unfortunately this is one of them.

Dude took some notes to help him be more effective in the situation and we have members of this forum talking about young girl's anatomy. 

RE: Mass shootings - bfine32 - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 10:23 PM)Dill Wrote: As Fred just pointed out, it was not a list of names or things normal people would need to keep track of.

I have zero idea who many presidents would need a note to say "I hear you", but I know I would blame 0 of them that brought such notes to such an event. There are some things in this forum that make me question the rationality of folks in this forum and unfortunately this is one of them.

Dude took some notes to help him be more effective in the situation and we have members of this forum talking about young girl's anatomy. 

RE: Mass shootings - BmorePat87 - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 10:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You know they could easily arm a few teachers per wing/hall whichever your campus has...  pay for their training plus give them a stipend for doing it.    And you also know several teachers would jump at the additional stipend.

What's that old teacher poster?

What's easy is not always right? What's right is not always easy?

(02-21-2018, 10:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What's that old teacher poster?

What's easy is not always right? What's right is not always easy?

Well they won’t hire enough security but they will certainly over hire unnecessary administration. You know as well as I do, they will just put it on the teachers. Who shouldn’t have to do it but will be forced.

(02-21-2018, 10:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have zero idea who many presidents would need a note to say "I hear you", but I know I would blame 0 of them that brought such notes to such an event. There are some things in this forum that make me question the rationality of folks in this forum and unfortunately this is one of them.

Quote:Dude took some notes to help him be more effective in the situation.

As if the notes were names or anything he needed to remember vs how to talk to another human being and at least pretend he cares.

Quote:There are some things in this forum that make me question the rationality of folks in this forum and unfortunately this is one of them.

Me too buddy.  Me too.

(02-21-2018, 10:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well they won’t hire enough security but they will certainly over hire unnecessary administration.  You know as well as I do, they will just put it on the teachers.   Who shouldn’t have to do it but will be forced.

I don't know anything about too many admins, we may have too few in my opinion, but apparently we're also getting undercover cops to be our janitors, so that'll save money on janitors and cover security.

RE: Mass shootings - Dill - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 10:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Either way, I guess I'm getting a free gun and a new co-worker. Can't wait for my PD days to be spent with target practice.

Pat, let me know if you get selected for "carry" in your school.

I have some neat ideas about weaponry and tactical gear, and how to harmonize the whole so you are lookin' bad to would be shooters but still Mr. Cool to the regular kids. 

[Image: CMS4E03_02.jpg]

(02-21-2018, 10:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know anything about too many admins, we may have too few in my opinion, but apparently we're also getting undercover cops to be our janitors, so that'll save money on janitors and cover security.

Every district I have been in it always seems like we have an excess of administrators. While class size always grew. That in Ohio and Florida

Andrew Pollack is correct.

RE: Mass shootings - Vas Deferens - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 10:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Every district I have been in it always seems like we have an excess of administrators.   While class size always grew.   That in Ohio and Florida

Show us on this doll where the gay immigrant transgender muslim progressive intellectual admin fired you.

[Image: 20446a.jpg]

(02-21-2018, 10:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Andrew Pollack is correct.  

His suggestion would also require millions from local districts already struggling to pay for basic things.

But in his, his sons, and Trump's joint solution also existed the problem. They cited the fact that the average attack takes 3 minutes and the average response time is 7 minutes. I fail to see how having an armed person on campus would guarantee a response within 3 minutes. This solution only works if the armed security personnel happens to be near the incident when it occurs. 

And as someone there pointed out, these suggestions are just responses to the shooter, not attempts to prevent it from occurring. 

RE: Mass shootings - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-22-2018

(02-21-2018, 09:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 28061460_456552818093085_512520736176440...e=5B122807]

Who's scared?

As for the 1st amendment, the only people I've seen of late attempting to curtail speech has been left leaning types.  Kind of ironic.

RE: Mass shootings - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-22-2018

(02-21-2018, 10:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Didn’t make Anything up. I have been on a Crisis team at a high school when there are deaths. These are known standards to follow.

Do I feel a desire to hunt down this stuff in my old teaching materials for someone who has zero interest other than to antagonize? Nope.

Let's see; you deliberately injected false information into the discussion then did a poor job of trying to insult me multiple times in a feeble attempt to dodge a simple question.

I asked you to cite just one reference. Just one.

Who is trying to antagonize who?

So enough of the cheap theatrics. If there are known standards for crisis teams to follow it should be simple enough for a teacher to cite a single reference in the Information Age without digging through reference material from almost a decade ago or older.

(02-21-2018, 10:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He didn’t use anything on that sheet.

Who cares what some assistant gave him at the last moment.

Isn't Trump falling into the trap of giving these kids unwanted media "attention"? Shouldn't his cheat sheet include the standards crisis teams should follow in this situation? Maybe no one on his staff could find the standards because the only surviving copy is collecting dust in the bottom of a closet under a 2009 Okeechobee Coach of the Year Award?

(02-21-2018, 10:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You know they could easily arm a few teachers per wing/hall whichever your campus has... pay for their training plus give them a stipend for doing it. And you also know several teachers would jump at the additional stipend.

So you want to arm the people you don't trust with a lesson plan?