Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
whats the over/under on affairs - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: whats the over/under on affairs (/Thread-whats-the-over-under-on-affairs)

Pages: 1 2

whats the over/under on affairs - Griever - 02-16-2018

by the don?

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/374174-ex-playmate-who-says-she-had-affair-with-trump-details-cover-up-efforts-report?rnd=1518787458

RE: whats the over/under on affairs - GMDino - 02-16-2018

(02-16-2018, 11:06 AM)Griever Wrote: by the don?

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/374174-ex-playmate-who-says-she-had-affair-with-trump-details-cover-up-efforts-report?rnd=1518787458

I bet he tried to bed a lot of women who thought they'd get some cash and notieriety out of the deal.

Dbags like him usually try that.

RE: whats the over/under on affairs - CKwi88 - 02-16-2018

It doesn't matter. His voters and supporters see his treatment of women as a positive. Take that #metoo snowflakes.

RE: whats the over/under on affairs - PhilHos - 02-16-2018

Who the hell cares?

(02-16-2018, 02:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Who the hell cares?

Voters who don't like being lied too?

Religious people?

Most people who want to have better morals in politics?

You know....everyone but Republicans.   Ninja

RE: whats the over/under on affairs - bfine32 - 02-16-2018

There's a population that cares what consenting adults do in their bedrooms.

RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Benton - 02-16-2018

RepublicNs used to.

RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Belsnickel - 02-16-2018

Can we just agree that the GOP doesn't really deserve the tagline of "the party of family values" anymore and move on to, you know, policy?

RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Johnny Cupcakes - 02-16-2018

I couldn't care much less what the president does with his personal relationships. He's an adult. So as long as what he's doing is consensual, why does anyone care?

It's not something that I think that I would ever personally do because I actually love and respect my wife, and it's certainly not something that I think represents good, family values....but let Drumph do his thing, and let his worshipers praise him for it.

The best part of this whole Trump experiment is watching the "family values" party sell out. They have forfeited that argument for a while.

(02-16-2018, 03:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Can we just agree that the GOP doesn't really deserve the tagline of "the party of family values" anymore and move on to, you know, policy?

Did they ever deserve it?

(02-16-2018, 03:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did they ever deserve it?

Some though so when they were fighting for Civil Rights

(02-16-2018, 03:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Can we just agree that the GOP doesn't really deserve the tagline of "the party of family values" anymore and move on to, you know, policy?

There is good and bad on both sides of the aisle. Once Trump was elected my why said "Sometimes the Lord uses bad people to accomplish good things". If his Presidency can do anything to breakdown the senseless divide of the the 2-party system and focus on the people; then I will consider it 4 years well spent.

(02-16-2018, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some though so when they were fighting for Civil Rights

They didn't use that tag line then.

Purely a concoction of the late 80's early 90's GOP.

(02-16-2018, 05:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: They didn't use that tag line then.

Purely a concoction of the late 80's early 90's GOP.

Oh, I thought you asked Did they ever deserve it.

(02-16-2018, 05:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I thought you asked Did they ever deserve it.

I did.  When they used it. 

RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Millhouse - 02-16-2018

I am guessing less than Slick Willy.

(02-16-2018, 05:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: I did.  When they used it. 

Meh, the word ever threw me off. my bad.

RE: whats the over/under on affairs - hollodero - 02-16-2018

(02-16-2018, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is good and bad on both sides of the aisle. Once Trump was elected my why said "Sometimes the Lord uses bad people to accomplish good things". If his Presidency can do anything to breakdown the senseless divide of the the 2-party system and focus on the people; then I will consider it 4 years well spent.

Well, that ship has sailed hasn't it.

---
@topic I feel no one should care about any number of affairs as long as they don't impact the performance as a politician in any way. Which wasn't the case for Clinton (there were real impacts in efforts to deflect from Lewinsky, the world could see that), and which might not be the case for Trump if hush money was paid with campaign means.

When there's actual hypocrisy that's something sure worth mentioning, but one couldn't say that about Trump directly. One knew he was quite lewd beforehand.

RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Belsnickel - 02-16-2018

(02-16-2018, 06:10 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, that ship has sailed hasn't it.

---
@topic I feel no one should care about any number of affairs as long as they don't impact the performance as a politician in any way. Which wasn't the case for Clinton (there were real impacts in efforts to deflect from Lewinsky, the world could see that), and which might not be the case for Trump if hush money was paid with campaign means.

When there's actual hypocrisy that's something sure worth mentioning, but one couldn't say that about Trump directly. One knew he was quite lewd beforehand.

What you're missing is that the United States tends towards wanting moral authorities for their leaders. Divorce among the elite is still, for the most part, seen as a failing. Trump is only the second president to have been divorced and even though we know plenty about extramarital dalliances for others it is something that the American public has typically been rather unhappy about. I think Clinton's escapades may have changed that, some. This is just the first time that American prudishness has been tested in this way since then because of the strong marriages of Bush 43 and Obama.

I will say this, though, about infidelity claims among elected officials. If it is done behind the back of the spouse, without their knowledge and permission, then I do see it as problematic. It shows that there is a lack of loyalty in place. I don't have a problem if someone comes out and says they have an open relationship or what have you, but if your marital institution is not agreed upon in that way, then you are being disloyal to your partner. If you are willing to be disloyal to your partner, why should we believe you would be loyal to the people you have been elected to serve?

RE: whats the over/under on affairs - StoneTheCrow - 02-16-2018

(02-16-2018, 03:00 PM)Benton Wrote: RepublicNs used to.

Democrats used to not.

[Image: C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg]