Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! (/Thread-Breaking-Cordy-Glenn-a-Bengal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - HarleyDog - 03-12-2018

I’m gonna sleep well tonight. With a woody! Great job Bengals FO. You know what? I can guarantee I’ve never typed that before, at least not that I can remember?

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - bengalhoel - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 10:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’m gonna sleep well tonight. With a woody! Great job Bengals FO. You know what? I can guarantee I’ve never typed that before, at least not that I can remember?

Its funny because every site that I go to they seem to be inferring that the Bills fleeced us in this trade. I dont understand the logic there. If Glenn is healthy he is a top 10 NFL LT. What do you hope happens if you draft a LT at number 12 overall?  Same thing right?  Also , we still get another player at 21. So we get a Pro Bowl Caliber LT and another pick. I think we both got what we wanted but our player has proven he is good.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - bengalsturntup926 - 03-12-2018

It says his line held up the longest average time when playing. And we run a west coast system.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - samhain - 03-12-2018

Just read the Hobson article on the mothership.

He's saying that they are likely out on Smith and most of the other in-house guys, but still mentions Bodine and Eifert, which is mind-boggling as they both need to go.

Best part is that he's bringing the center position into the argument with the 21st pick, which is a beautiful thing to me.

I'd love to see them let Bodine and Effect walk, keep Chris Smith and Huber, then draft Price/Wynn and a mid round TE like Fumagalli.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Synric - 03-12-2018

Excellent move by the Bengals really opens up the draft.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Essex Johnson - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 10:08 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Its funny because every site that I go to they seem to be inferring that the Bills fleeced us in this trade. I dont understand the logic there. If Glenn is healthy he is a top 10 NFL LT. What do you hope happens if you draft a LT at number 12 overall?  Same thing right?  Also , we still get another player at 21. So we get a Pro Bowl Caliber LT and another pick. I think we both got what we wanted but our player has proven he is good.

Not what Ive been reading.. more that the Bills needed this move to continue to move up.. now they will attempt to trade into top 10 with their 12th pick..

both teams got what they wanted.. Bills needed to move up to position for a QB. they had a tackle in waiting.. Bengals did not have a proven tackle and did not want to risk with a unproven 12th pick at tackle and still have a value pick in 1st round

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Whatever - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 10:08 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Its funny because every site that I go to they seem to be inferring that the Bills fleeced us in this trade. I dont understand the logic there. If Glenn is healthy he is a top 10 NFL LT. What do you hope happens if you draft a LT at number 12 overall?  Same thing right?  Also , we still get another player at 21. So we get a Pro Bowl Caliber LT and another pick. I think we both got what we wanted but our player has proven he is good.

Who gets the better of this one will be determined by Glenn's health going forward.  If he stays healthy, the Bengals got the better end of the deal.  If he continues to have injury issues, the Bills got the better end of the deal.

I like the move.  We simply couldn't go into next year without a proven quantity at T.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Benton - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 05:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But he has only played 16 games in the past two seasons due to ankle and foot injuries, so that has me freaking out because that's big for an offensive tackle.  Does anyone know the severity of the problems and if he's good to go?

That's my concern. 

I don't know a ton about the guy, but from what I've read, it sounds like he's another Andre. Solid on the line when he's healthy, a noticeable liability when he's not. 

If nothing else, it sounds like we still upgraded our LT. At worst, like Smith, he may just be part-time.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - pdub2005 - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 05:43 PM)ah5 Wrote: Wtf we could have used that pick on a DB and sat him for 3 years... Thanks Obama.

Yeah! Dennard was the 24th overall pick, we gotta move back a lil more to repeat that crap.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - BENGALSNATI85 - 03-12-2018

I like the trade! Marvin didn't get his LB from Alabama last year maybe we take Rashaan Evans at 21 and solidify our LB core which stank to the high heavens last year. Take the best OL prospect in 2.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - BengalFanInNJ - 03-12-2018

Guys. Guys. Guys. Let's pump the brakes here a little. Remember, this trade won't be official until Wednesday. Still a lot of time for Mike Brown and company to screw this up. I like the trade myself, but won't get fully excited until this is official.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Gamma Ray Tan - 03-12-2018

The key here is, IF HE'S HEALTHY! Glenn has missed a lot of games the last 2 seasons. If he stays healthy, then this is a great move. I give the Bengals credit for finally acting like a modern NFL franchise. Now go get a Center!

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - XsandOs - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fun fact: Cordy and Clint share the record for most starts by a UGA olineman.

As to the trade: Great news; however, I wouldn't write in Cordy as the starting LT yet. Dude has flexibility, he can push inside to RG or play RT.

Agreed. He has RT size.

Still don't think Bengals have given up on Ogbuehi. He reminds them of Levi Jones.....

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Shake n Blake - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 09:38 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: 2012 75.1
2013 84.1
2014 82.3
2015 85.3
2016 82.8
2017 68.1

I'd love to see Ogbuehi's grades for comparison.  Hmm

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - yellowxdiscipline - 03-12-2018

Like this trade a lot, and get the feeling that Mike really hates picking in the top 15 picks

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - XsandOs - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 11:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd love to see Ogbuehi's grades for comparison.  Hmm

Your comment is valid.

But Glenn has the markings of the next Willie Anderson.

The question is, who would be his dance partner on the right side? I don't see Fisher as RG. He doesn't have Bobbie Williams size. Can't run behind him...

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - CJD - 03-12-2018

I was driving home from work when Mo said there was breaking news about a trade involving the Bengals after the break. So, me being an impatient person, googled "Bengals trade" (at a stop light) and the top story was we traded for Cordy Glenn.

Literally, my reaction was "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....I wonder what we traded for him."

Suffice it to say, the trade was not too expensive and therefore warranted the woo Tongue.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - wolfkaosaun - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 11:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd love to see Ogbuehi's grades for comparison.  Hmm

2016: 70th out of 76 tackles (don't have the exact grade)
2017: 41 (ranked 70th among tackles)

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - SadFaceBengal15 - 03-12-2018

So excited thank god!!

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - NATI BENGALS - 03-12-2018

Had a kidney removed in 2014.

Supposedly had an operation for bones spurs to fix the two year lower leg injury.

Not gonna get my hopes up until its official. Wondering if a physical has been done.

If he is healthy i like it. If we got damaged goods we didnt get burnt too bad since we still have a first.

Worth a shot. Getting what was not long ago one of the better up and coming LTs for a 9 spot drop in the first and plus getting to move back into round 5 seems like a solid ass move.