Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Connor Williams in round 2? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Connor Williams in round 2? (/Thread-Connor-Williams-in-round-2)

Connor Williams in round 2? - Au165 - 04-27-2018

I think this would be a safe pick that still has high upside. We could try him at RT and if it doesn't pan out we slide him over to RG and still get a solid player. I am not sure he makes it to us but I'd be pumped to get him here in the 2nd.

RE: Connor Williams in round 2? - psychdoctor - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 09:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think this would be a safe pick that still has high upside. We could try him at RT and if it doesn't pan out we slide him over to RG and still get a solid player. I am not sure he makes it to us but I'd be pumped to get him here in the 2nd.

I still see him as a risk even if he's healthy.  I understand your thought process though he could probably play Right Guard or right tackle.  I wouldn't be upset with the pic unless somebody else is there like Hernandez, Hurst, Phillips, even Ronnie Harrison.

RE: Connor Williams in round 2? - Au165 - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 09:49 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I still see him as a risk even if he's healthy.  I understand your thought process though he could probably play Right Guard or right tackle.  I wouldn't be upset with the pic unless somebody else is there like Hernandez, Hurst, Phillips, even Ronnie Harrison.

Yea, my thought is he is a possibility to actually reach us. I think Hernandez goes to the Giants at 34.

RE: Connor Williams in round 2? - dr1441 - 04-27-2018

I would actually love Connor Williams in round 2. High upside that could be a starting RT and insurance at LT in a pinch. Could also be our starting RG if Jake Fisher/OGB can play RT this year.

RE: Connor Williams in round 2? - CJD - 04-27-2018

I drafted him in my final mock draft in the 2nd round. I'd definitely take the chance there. This time last year, he was considered a top 10 lock. I know that doesn't mean anything now, with more information, but he has a lot of really nice qualities about him.

RE: Connor Williams in round 2? - JungleRock85 - 04-27-2018

Would like it. Guy was on pace to be a Top 10 pick before this season and I think he could be a starter at RG or RT. Think the Browns would take Williams with one of there two picks but you never know.

RE: Connor Williams in round 2? - SadFaceBengal15 - 04-27-2018

Hurst is gone

RE: Connor Williams in round 2? - SunsetBengal - 04-27-2018

I think Williams would do well on the Right side. He's a strong run blocker, and fits the "mean streak" mold just like Billy Price.

RE: Connor Williams in round 2? - Au165 - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 05:07 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Hurst is gone

No, Maurice Hurst the DT isn’t.

RE: Connor Williams in round 2? - Bengal Dude - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 07:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, Maurice Hurst the DT isn’t.

Rumors are that some teams completely removed him from their boards. I guess it depends if our doctors cleared him.

I’d have no complaints with Williams in the second. He’d add something to that right side of the line.

RE: Connor Williams in round 2? - SadFaceBengal15 - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 07:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, Maurice Hurst the DT isn’t.

“I was checking the inline specs on the rotary grdrrrrrr I’m ********” -Chris Farley Tommy Boy