Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" (/Thread-Solomon-Wilcots-I-m-really-concerned)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - djs7685 - 08-27-2015

Hopefully we trounce the Bears so I can see another episode of everybody on the boards making bets if it's going to take until either week 8 or week 16 to finally lose a game.

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - BengalChris - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:36 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Hopefully we trounce the Bears so I can see another episode of everybody on the boards making bets if it's going to take until either week 8 or week 16 to finally lose a game.

I still believe the game in Oakland is a pick'em and I'll probably think that until the game happens.

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - bengalfan74 - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 01:56 PM)xavierdude Wrote: the bengals need t win some playoff games this year.. but to extrapolate and connect playoff games with preseason.. and lack of performance , execution etc...some of you dont know football

there was no game planning  etc..and I am sure we will see Hill only running the ball 4 times a half when the season begins..LOL

too funny

Oh so you know football huh ? And none of us do ? Curious

What separates the Bengals from the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, etc. is they already have winning traditions established in PT, Playoffs etc. We don't !

We need to be doing it better than the other guy, a lot better ! I love the guys that try and act like our (just barely making the playoffs and getting out @$$e$ handed to us) is some sort of rack to hang our hat on - IT ISN"T there Mr. all powerful football wizard.

We went out there just like we do in like 89% of our PT, must win, playoff type games and looked like we didn't have a clue and worse didn't care ! That's the part that's upsetting. Not the stats, not the ints, not the fumbles, not the final score.

The indifference to being embarrassed on the national stage again.

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - Bengal Dude - 08-27-2015

I wasn't expecting us to "win" on Monday. I figured Tampa would leave their starters in longer just to give Jameis more experience. However, it was frustrating to see this team not seem to care. I know it was preseason, but I was hoping to see a little more urgency out of our starters.

I did see some players comment on the weather being a little bit of a factor. I'm glad that shouldn't come into play for the regular season.

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - magikod - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 12:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Getting manhandled by an outdated tampa 2 defense is concerning.

Sadly, this is true.  Ninja

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I was referring to the 'big stage' failings during the regular season/playoffs under Marvin, which is probably why I talked about 2/3rds of primetime games and the playoffs. Confused 

Maybe read the post a little more carefully next time.  

As for the Tampa game, like I said...the only issue I had was that they got physically pushed around by a 'lesser' team. I don't care if it was just a joint practice, that shouldn't be happening.

BTW, care to remind me what the primetime record is?  Mellow

Don't do it 'holic......don't feed it..... Smirk

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - Interceptor - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 04:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Don't do it 'holic......don't feed it..... Smirk

Too late.... Once it's on the Internet it could never be destroyed.... Ninja

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - GodFather - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:14 PM)spazz70 Wrote: At some point the players have to step on the field and make it happen...I agree that Marvin is not a great motivator but these are grown men not pee wee players that need a coach to get them 100% ready to step on the field...I am not deflecting from Marvin just stating that it is something much deeper that that...As much as I hate it and love our recent drafts and the quality of players we have gotten sometimes you just need that nasty asshole out on the field... The guy that dropped in the draft because of his attitude or some other reason and takes it to the field (more Burficts for example)...These goody goody guys were great for cleaning up the image off the field for the Bengals but may have hurt as far as attitude on the field....just my opinion...

Thats a big disadvantage to the players to have a coach that doesn't prepare them properly for the game and/or make in game adjustments as the game is played and just go out there and win when the other teams coach is doing those things. If you want to be a top NFL team you have to have every phase of the game on all cylinders. 

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - Bengalholic - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 04:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Don't do it 'holic......don't feed it..... Smirk

Yep, after going and reading some of his posts...I fell for it. I went full Forrest!!  :snark: 

[Image: 1412.gif]

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - Frank Pembleton - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 05:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, after going and reading some of his posts...I fell for it. I went full Forrest!!  :snark: 

Forrest Gump? Slow, yes. ********, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't ********

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - Bengalholic - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 05:18 PM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: Forrest Gump? Slow, yes. ********, maybe.

I just meant that Forrest and I share a winning smile and killer wave. WTF are you implying?  :angry:

Sorry, couldn't resist!  Tongue  LOL

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - PApinhead - 08-27-2015

I'm glad it's not just some of us "gloom and doomers" or "negative nancys" that are concerned. Here you have an NFL commentator and NFL player, who whether you like him or not, knows what he is talking about, saying he is concerned. But, there are still a few, or maybe one, on here that want to say we don't know football and he doesn't know football.

I can understand if some aren't concerned since it is pre-season and that is fine. You don't have to be. But some of us are and to say we don't know football is just asinine.

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - McC - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 11:06 AM)djs7685 Wrote: A LOT of really good first stringers looked bad last week, the week before, preseason last year, preseason 2007, preseason 1992, preseason 1965, and everywhere in between.

It's a good thing they weren't all doomed to hell because of it. We're obviously going to be the first team that implodes due to a handful of poor drives in the 2nd preseason game. Everyone call your local sports book!

I think you might be either missing or overlooking the entire point.

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 05:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep,after going and reading some of his posts...I fell for it. I went full Forrest!!  :snark: 

Lmao.....don't feel bad, I engaged it once, then I saw that it either had the reading comprehension of Quasimodo......or it lived under a bridge. ..... Wink

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - BengalsRocker - 08-27-2015

Preseason is the time to say "relax everything is fine" we are undefeated for games that count.

Only time will tell what really is to come.

Let's just roll this baby out of our driveway into heavy traffic even though we haven't checked to see if the battery is dead or the fluids are low.

It ran well last year when I drove it.  Well... maybe not the very last time...

What's the worst that can happen?

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - CornerBlitz - 08-27-2015

Excellent Analysis by Solomon; I couldn't agree more. The guy was spot on. The Bengals played like chumps and if they have that same attitude in the regular season they will get destroyed.

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - Nately120 - 08-27-2015

I'm not worried at all. Wake me up when the Bengals look that unprepared in a game that matters. Oh wait....

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - jason - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh so you know football huh ? And none of us do ? Curious

What separates the Bengals from the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, etc. is they already have winning traditions established in PT, Playoffs etc. We don't !

We need to be doing it better than the other guy, a lot better ! I love the guys that try and act like our (just barely making the playoffs and getting out @$$e$ handed to us) is some sort of rack to hang our hat on - IT ISN"T there Mr. all powerful football wizard.

We went out there just like we do in like 89% of our PT, must win, playoff type games and looked like we didn't have a clue and worse didn't care ! That's the part that's upsetting. Not the stats, not the ints, not the fumbles, not the final score.

The indifference to being embarrassed on the national stage again.
How many people do you suppose watched that game?  I've yet to hear a single person outside of this board discuss it. Hell I didn't even watch most of it. It was on, but didn't really capture my attention.

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - Nately120 - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 10:15 PM)jason Wrote: How many people do you suppose watched that game?  I've yet to hear a single person outside of this board discuss it.  Hell I didn't even watch most of it.  It was on, but didn't really capture my attention.

Marvin should check the Nielsen ratings before he decides if the team should give a damn, eh?

RE: Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - orangeandblackblood - 08-27-2015

I think it was the other team