Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The worst part about the Steeler's game - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The worst part about the Steeler's game (/Thread-The-worst-part-about-the-Steeler-s-game)

Pages: 1 2

The worst part about the Steeler's game - bfine32 - 10-14-2018

Dan Fouts is announcing

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - grampahol - 10-14-2018

I think losing was far worse..

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - car91 - 10-14-2018

Marvin’s coaching was the worst part.

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - Millhouse - 10-14-2018

It's a toss up between the d-line getting shut the eff down, or the predictable outcome after scoring with too much time left on the clock.

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - CJD - 10-14-2018

That 4th and 1 punt and the lack of a pass rush were the two X factors in that game.

Someday, I hope Marvin learns when going for it on 4th down is a good idea. Especially when your defense is not stopping them.

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - thompson19osu - 10-14-2018

Marvin Lewis failed out of Game Management 101 in college.

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - Goalpost - 10-14-2018

Is Kevin Huber pronounced WHO-ber

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - bengals73 - 10-14-2018

Being a fan of the Bengals is the worst part

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - The D.O.Z. - 10-14-2018

Worst part was losing...yet again. Can't call it a rivalry when you lose more often than not. I'm still positive for the season, and I think that we will make the playoffs. But this whole "Heinz Field West" thing has to go.

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - bengals73 - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 05:45 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Worst part was losing...yet again. Can't call it a rivalry when you lose more often than not. I'm still positive for the season, and I think that we will make the playoffs. But this whole "Heinz Field West" thing has to go.

Agreed, the NFL chalks it up to being a "rivalry" , it is FAR far from it. 

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - Millhouse - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 05:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That 4th and 1 punt and the lack of a pass rush were the two X factors in that game.

Someday, I hope Marvin learns when going for it on 4th down is a good idea. Especially when your defense is not stopping them.

Maybe the d-line is only good against average to below average o-lines? Pitt has 3 perennial probowlers on their o-line, and they smothered the Bengals d-line. A dline that so many were touting to be one of the best of the league too. Hah, they were chumps out there today being ran through and not even getting close to Ben.

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - Interceptor - 10-14-2018

Can we drop Marv like the dropped passes in this game?

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - Bengalitis - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 05:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That 4th and 1 punt and the lack of a pass rush were the two X factors in that game.

I'm going with this too ^^^^^^^.  The D let us down this time. The offense came up and did their part. All the D had to do was 4 & out.

Marv should have gone for it. Marvin was the Raven's Super Bowl defensive coordinator back in the day, could it be?!?!??!

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - Go Cards - 10-14-2018

Worst part is all the injuries we sustained.

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - 3wt - 10-14-2018

This

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - TheUberHuber - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 05:43 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Is Kevin Huber pronounced WHO-ber

No

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - TheLeonardLeap - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 05:33 PM)grampahol Wrote: I think losing was far worse..

[Image: so-so.gif]

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - BengalsBong - 10-14-2018

We lost because we went for chunk plays when we was at their 40 yard line with 2 mins left in the game. If you cant widdle the clock down and score from the 40 with 2 mins and 2 or 3 timeouts you don't belong in the NFL. It falls in the lap of Lozor Marvin and Dalton.
AJ trying to catch the ball with his body and not catching with his hands did not help at all. No reason to try to fix this issue since he has been doing it his whole career.

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - rfaulk34 - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 05:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Worst part is all the injuries we sustained.

The size and physicality of the two teams is about as close as the record between them. 

RE: The worst part about the Steeler's game - Joelist - 10-14-2018

Chunk plays are all you can go for when the blocking is so bad you can't even run for one yard with confidence.