Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Around the NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Around-the-NFL)
+--- Thread: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander (/Thread-Cowboys-fire-Paul-Alexander)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - thegimp - 10-29-2018

(10-29-2018, 05:10 PM)pally Wrote: I've never doubted that he produced some great lines.  My complaint is that he failed to adjust to a changing NFL, he failed to adjust to the skills of the players he was working with, and apparently, he failed to play well with other coaches.

That is an excellent summation of PA’s time here

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - Pat5775 - 10-29-2018

Wow

Ha-larious LOL LOL LOL

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - Pat5775 - 10-29-2018

(10-29-2018, 05:17 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This actually makes me nervous. As a good friend of Mike Brown, I worry he could be hired as an advisor or OLine scout or some other position so that he doesn't stay unemployed.

I get the feeling that would make Marvin quit on the spot. Something tells me letting Paul walk was a huge reason why Marv came back last January 

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - TheLeonardLeap - 10-29-2018

(10-29-2018, 03:57 PM)pally Wrote: Took them 9 weeks....took the Bengals 20+ years

[Image: elaine-chugging.gif]

Cry Cry

(10-29-2018, 05:17 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This actually makes me nervous. As a good friend of Mike Brown, I worry he could be hired as an advisor or OLine scout or some other position so that he doesn't stay unemployed.

You shut your mouth. Don't be bringing that bad mojo in here!

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - bengalfan74 - 10-29-2018

Get your ketchup bottles ready

Popcorn

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - I_C_DeadPeople - 10-29-2018

Sell the piano so PA cant come back

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-29-2018

Wait, what?  I thought Piano Paul was a "guru'. Mellow

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - Go Cards - 10-29-2018

Could always give piano lessons

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - SunsetBengal - 10-29-2018

(10-29-2018, 06:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wait, what?  I thought Piano Paul was a "guru'. Mellow

His swan song struck a sour note, as he was playing to the wrong audience.  Dallas has always been a power OL kind of team.  Historically, they've always tried to carry the largest, most physical group they could assemble.  Paul's finesse game of "catch and release" just didn't play well to the Texas crowd.   LOL

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - BengalsRocker - 10-29-2018

Probably got tired of his catalogue of fart jokes and stanky breath.

He's a slob whose ego has surpassed his abilities to ride someone's coattails.

F that guy.

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-29-2018

(10-29-2018, 07:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Could always give piano lessons

If he teaches piano like he does line play, he could turn Jerry Lee Lewis into Liberace in a week. Mellow

(10-29-2018, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: His swan song struck a sour note, as he was playing to the wrong audience.  Dallas has always been a power OL kind of team.  Historically, they've always tried to carry the largest, most physical group they could assemble.  Paul's finesse game of "catch and release" just didn't play well to the Texas crowd.   LOL

Yeah....Dallas' decision proves that maybe some of us fans aren't as dumb as some say we are. How sad is it that it took a quarter of a friggin century for the Bengals to shitcan this bum? Took Jerrah 8 games!

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - SunsetBengal - 10-29-2018

(10-29-2018, 07:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: If he teaches piano like he does line play, he could turn Jerry Lee Lewis into Liberace in a week. Mellow

Yeah....Dallas' decision proves that maybe some of us fans aren't as dumb as some say we are. How sad is it that it took a quarter of a friggin century for the Bengals to shitcan this bum? Took Jerrah 8 games!

Absolutely.  The owner might be sentimental and delusional, but we see clearly!

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - bengals73 - 10-29-2018

Sing us a songgggggggggg..you're the pianooo man...

Nah nah nah nah , nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey goodbye Paul!

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - rfaulk34 - 10-29-2018

(10-29-2018, 06:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wait, what?  I thought Piano Paul was a "guru'. Mellow

You spelled "goober" wrong.

Paul Alexander fired - Always a Bengal - 10-30-2018

by the Cowboys.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000980449/article/cowboys-fire-ol-coach-alexander-promote-colombo

RE: Paul Alexander fired - SladeX - 10-30-2018

That didn't take long...

RE: Paul Alexander fired - SHRacerX - 10-30-2018

That is one I DON'T want back...

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - Tiger Teeth - 10-30-2018

Now maybe Zeke can start putting up some good numbers on my Fantasy team.

Don’t look now but Piano man got fired - Trademark - 10-30-2018

Watch Mike Brown bring him back Ninja

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/10/29/18039470/cowboys-fire-former-bengals-assistant-paul-alexander

RE: Cowboys fire Paul Alexander - I_C_DeadPeople - 10-30-2018

What we need to do is hire him, on the cheap, as a draft consultant. And then go AGAINST every recommendation he makes.