Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Driskel should be starter next year - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Driskel should be starter next year (/Thread-Driskel-should-be-starter-next-year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Socal Bengals fan - 12-13-2018

(12-10-2018, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lets wait and see what other teams will be willing to offer for Driskel. He is only 25 and under contrac next year for less than a million dollars. I am sure teams will be offering us first round picks for him.

Dalton is too old and expensive to trade.

N shitty

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - The Caped Crusader - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 06:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Ug, those are bad. That 44.7 game was the game where the offense was outscored by the defense (Leon Hall's pick 6). The offense only scored 2 FGs the entire game. If I remember right our offense failed to convert on all 3rd down attempts. It was like giving the ball right back to the Texans the whole game.

A nightmare game. I went into it thinking we were sharking the Texans since we played them the previous week.

We somehow looked worse. 

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - bfine32 - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 06:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, 4 QB's ... same results. Seems like more than just a coincidence huh?

Kitna - 60.1
Palmer - 58.3
Dalton - 51.4
Dalton - 44.7
Dalton - 67.0
Dalton - 63.4
McCarron - 68.3

Well if anyone wants to look at those rationally they'd realize Carson's game was in 20 degree temperature on a shitty day and the other 2 guys are backups. With that; the guy in shitty weather and one of the backups had better games than half of Andy's playoff games and the other backup had a better game than Andy in all his games.

The HC is the reason Andy has shit the bed in every playoff game he's played is about the lamest excuse this board can come up with. 

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - The Caped Crusader - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well if anyone wants to look at those rationally they'd realize Carson's game was in 20 degree temperature on a shitty day and the other 2 guys are backups. With that; the guy in shitty weather and one of the backups had better games than half of Andy's playoff games and the other backup had a better game than Andy in all his games.

The HC is the reason Andy has shit the bed in every playoff game he's played is about the lamest excuse this board can come up with. 

So, we can't blame the head coach.

But we can blame the weather.

Boy, I'm so confused these days. 

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - bfine32 - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 10:13 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: So, we can't blame the head coach.

But we can blame the weather.

Boy, I'm so confused these days. 

Nope, I blame the QB in every instance as Sanchise outplayed CP9 in the same conditions. Simply adding some relativity to the discussion. 

Of course you can blame the HC for a QB consistently shitting the bed, just don't expect rational folks to agree with you. 

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Destro - 12-13-2018

I've seen all the playoff loses. It was a team effort in failures, not just the QBs. Even when there was a chance, they melted down together( see: Hill, Burfict, Pacman )

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Nicomo Cosca - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 06:11 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Dead last in yards and points per game. 

The fact we as a fan base continue to overlook the glaring issues to blame it on the single guy that touches the ball the most is always frustrating. Then again, I always use this chief factor to sort out those who have actually played a down of Football and those who haven't.

Dalton is NOT free from blame.I'm a Dalton supporter (it also helps I've worked with him several times) but the man is second in 4th qtr comebacks since entering the league. The man puts the team in a position to win. By all accounts, Carson Palmer was a better QB, on a better team, and he had a lesser record than Dalton.

Stop pointing the blame at Dalton, move on. 

This explains a lot.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Fullrock - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 06:11 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Dead last in yards and points per game. 

The fact we as a fan base continue to overlook the glaring issues to blame it on the single guy that touches the ball the most is always frustrating. Then again, I always use this chief factor to sort out those who have actually played a down of Football and those who haven't.

Dalton is NOT free from blame. I'm a Dalton supporter (it also helps I've worked with him several times) but the man is second in 4th qtr comebacks since entering the league. The man puts the team in a position to win. By all accounts, Carson Palmer was a better QB, on a better team, and he had a lesser record than Dalton.

Stop pointing the blame at Dalton, move on. 

Haha, played football from 8 years old through HS. Would have played in college but opted for baseball. Nice try though. Moving on, Dalton is plenty to blame. He's not soley to blame, but he is shoulders plenty of it. He is simply not consistently good enough. When you have a career QB rating below the NFL average, it aint rocket science. Some of you need a lesson in common sense. 

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - jason - 12-14-2018

(12-13-2018, 10:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This explains a lot.

Caped Crusader is Jermaine Gresham...

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - jason - 12-14-2018

(12-13-2018, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, I blame the QB in every instance as Sanchise outplayed CP9 in the same conditions. Simply adding some relativity to the discussion. 

Of course you can blame the HC for a QB consistently shitting the bed, just don't expect rational folks to agree with you. 

How about when everyone not named Burfict, Leon Hall, Chris Henry, or the Law Firm "shit the bed" (how'd that phrase make its way into football anyway?) in every playoff game in the last two decades? Can we blame coaching then?

Marvin Jones might've played well in one if those games too...

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - wolfkaosaun - 12-14-2018

(12-14-2018, 12:08 AM)jason Wrote: How about when everyone not named Burfict, Leon Hall, Chris Henry, or the Law Firm "shit the bed" (how'd that phrase make its way into football anyway?) in every playoff game in the last two decades? Can we blame coaching then?

And Cedric Benson. Dude ran for 169 yards against the #1 defense and #1 scoring defense.
And his QB didn't even reach 150 passing yards.
Dude averaged 8 YPC.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Lawless_1 - 12-14-2018

Drew Lock.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - bfine32 - 12-14-2018

(12-14-2018, 12:08 AM)jason Wrote: How about when everyone not named Burfict, Leon Hall, Chris Henry, or the Law Firm "shit the bed" (how'd that phrase make its way into football anyway?) in every playoff game in the last two decades? Can we blame coaching then?

Plenty folks played well. Off the top of my head Gresham played well in 2 games despite his QB sticking up the place. But yeah you can blame the coach for the team's overall performance, but you can blame the QB for being absolute garbage in every playoff game he has been in.

Will it ever change? I hope so. 

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-14-2018

(12-13-2018, 06:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That's saying something. That's in 7 tries.

......and 4 different QBs.

(12-13-2018, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well if anyone wants to look at those rationally they'd realize Carson's game was in 20 degree temperature on a shitty day and the other 2 guys are backups. With that; the guy in shitty weather and one of the backups had better games than half of Andy's playoff games and the other backup had a better game than Andy in all his games.

Rolleyes Excuses. Mellow 

(12-13-2018, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, I blame the QB in every instance as Sanchise outplayed CP9 in the same conditions. Simply adding some relativity to the discussion. 

"Rational folks" that said Johnny Fartball would be the next Johnny U?  Those rational folks? Mellow

I hate to break it to the Mediocre Merv Militia, but Mervin SUCKS.

(12-13-2018, 10:45 PM)Destro Wrote: I've seen all the playoff loses. It was a team effort in failures, not just the QBs. Even when there was a chance, they melted down together( see: Hill, Burfict, Pacman )

Rational, fact producing posts are not permitted in these discussions.....just trying to help you out. Ninja

(12-14-2018, 01:07 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: And Cedric Benson. Dude ran for 169 yards against the #1 defense and #1 scoring defense.
And his QB didn't even reach 150 passing yards.
Dude averaged 8 YPC.

Yep, great performance.  I was there.  Too bad the game plan was complete shit and let Butt Fumble beat us one week after we played them.  Too bad we went away from Law Firm in the SD playoff game when his career average against them was around 5 YPC.  Too bad our coaching staff decided to use AJ Green as a decoy in game one against Houston.  Too bad Rey Maualuga made Owen Daniel look like the clone of Kellen Winslow, SR ('member when the game was out of hand, and they put Skuta on him, and he actually covered him?).  Too bad "rational folks" think Mediocre Merv is infallible in all of these stupid ass bullshit coaching moves, and that they must have been the QB's decision.

Also, by contrast, surefire HOFer, Pig Pen, has posted the following stats in playoff WINS:

17/30 181 yds, 2 INTs, 1 TD, 57.8 rating

(14/24 226 yds, 3 INTs, 78.1 rating lost the next week)

9/21 123 yds, 2 INTs, 0 TDs, 22.1 rating......WON THE SUPERBOWL

10/19 133 yds, 2 INTs, 0 TDs, 33.5 rating

20/31 224 ydsm 1 INT, 0 TDs, 72.5 rating

These were all wins, there were losses with comparable numbers, and a whole lot of 70s ratings that I didn't post.  Gee, I wonder how they won in a TEAM sport with such PISS POOR numbers.....much worse than our QBs have lost posting.  Couldn't be that the team rallied around the QB and picked up his slack, could it?  Couldn't be that the coaching staff actually had some answers for the opponent, instead of staring blankly across the field while breathing through their mouth, could it?  Nah.....no way.....couldn't be. Mellow 

Also, Peyton Manning posted the following ratings in playoff games:

62.3, 31.3, 35.5, 69.3, 71.9, 56.6......the last being a Super Bowl victory.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - bengalfan74 - 12-14-2018

Can you blame the HC for only winning like 25% of his prime time games ? Can you blame the HC for having an 8-25 record against Pittsburgh ? Can you blame the HC for having 2 wins out of 20 tries at home against Pittsburgh ? Can you blame the HC for having a record of 23 - 69 against playoff bound teams in a given season ?

But only irrational folks think the HC has a giant part in the playoff loses ? When there's a mountain of evidence that anytime the heat is on we get outcoached ?

The playoff loses are the anomaly right ? Merv has done well in them, only the QB's have let him down ? ok  Ninja

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - PhilHos - 12-14-2018

(12-13-2018, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The HC is the reason Andy has shit the bed in every playoff game he's played is about the lamest excuse this board can come up with. 

2 things:
1) There are lamer excuses
2) Considering the ENTIRE team - including our supposedly ELITE defense - has shit the bed in every playoff game, I don't see how anyone can blame someone OTHER than the HC. (Case-in-point: the gameplan in one of those games was to avoid going to AJ for the entire first half)