Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
In his second start against one of the best teams in the AFC on the road, Driskel put up what should have been 27 points if you count the 4 points that got taken off the board with a BS non TD call and the 2 extra points that would have been kicked. He did it without AJ, Eifert, Kroft, and a makeshift offensive line. Build the offense around this kid and use his athleticism. Incorporate some zone reads and some run/pass options. He has all the tools to develop into a top tier QB.
Reply/Quote
Um, no.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree, he also has an arm too. He just needs to work on hitting those short routes
Reply/Quote
Lets wait and see what other teams will be willing to offer for Driskel. He is only 25 and under contrac next year for less than a million dollars. I am sure teams will be offering us first round picks for him.

Dalton is too old and expensive to trade.
Reply/Quote
No, just no.
Reply/Quote
The new HC will want HIS QB.....So I’m guessing if some miracle happens and we get a new HC and staff (not baby Huey), we may just draft a QB within the first 2 rounds. The ONLY person who doesn’t want Marvin to go is Dalton. As long as Marvin and/or Hue are here, Dalton knows he has a job regardless of how he performs. Loyalty>Talent = Bengals management 101
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 05:30 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The ONLY person who doesn’t want Marvin to go is Dalton. As long as Marvin and/or Hue are here, Dalton knows he has a job regardless of how he performs. Loyalty>Talent = Bengals management 101

So was Whitworth the one who taught Andy that lesson?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 05:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So was Whitworth the one who taught Andy that lesson?

Hilarious

You actually think Whitworth WANTED to come back....that’s cute. You’re right, I’m sure he’s regretting that decision right now.....Thanks for the laughs.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 04:55 PM)Fullrock Wrote: In his second start against one of the best teams in the AFC on the road, Driskel put up what should have been 27 points if you count the 4 points that got taken off the board with a BS non TD call and the 2 extra points that would have been kicked. He did it without AJ, Eifert, Kroft, and a makeshift offensive line. Build the offense around this kid and use his athleticism. Incorporate some zone reads and some run/pass options. He has all the tools to develop into a top tier QB.

If the team was actually willing to move on from Dalton via trade/cut, I can see Driskel starting in the short term while a rookie waits in the wings. But he's not some secret upper-tier starting QB (yet at least).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 05:30 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The new HC will want HIS QB.....So I’m guessing if some miracle happens and we get a new HC and staff (not baby Huey), we may just draft a QB within the first 2 rounds. The ONLY person who doesn’t want Marvin to go is Dalton. As long as Marvin and/or Hue are here, Dalton knows he has a job regardless of how he performs. Loyalty>Talent = Bengals management 101

If a QB is taken, it very often HAS to be in the first round to get the good ones. The number of QBs who actually become good starters are FAR likelier to be selected in the first 40 picks compared to after. I specify 40 because occasionally a QB might fall just out of the first round but is taken very early in the 2nd round. I don't know if the Bengals will end up with two picks inside the top 40, so it'd probably be of their best interest to pick a QB in the 1st round rather than risk waiting until the 2nd.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 05:40 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: You actually think Whitworth WANTED to come back....that’s cute. You’re right, I’m sure he’s regretting that decision right now.....Thanks for the laughs.

Yes Whitworth clearly wanted to come back.  His agent negotiated with the Bengals before talking to any other teams.  Busy people like that don't waste their time doing something for nothing.

Got anything to support your position other than "make believe"?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes Whitworth clearly wanted to come back.  His agent negotiated with the Bengals before talking to any other teams.  Busy people like that don't waste their time doing something for nothing.

Got anything to support your position other than "make believe"?

Whit’s words:

"And then when I realized I was open to moving, and moving on to a new challenge, I really wanted to be away from Cincinnati’s situation. I wasn’t as keen on going somewhere where’d I play Cincinnati and be around it. I wanted to go far away and kind of have a fresh start."

Thanks for playing
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 06:01 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Whit’s words:

"And then when I realized I was open to moving, and moving on to a new challenge, I really wanted to be away from Cincinnati’s situation. I wasn’t as keen on going somewhere where’d I play Cincinnati and be around it. I wanted to go far away and kind of have a fresh start."

Thanks for playing

Those were his words AFTER he failed to get the deal he wanted with the Bengals.

Try again
Reply/Quote
No.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 06:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Those were his words AFTER he failed to get the deal he wanted with the Bengals.

Try again

How convenient for him.....right? His words seem pretty clear. I’m thinking he’s right where he WANTS to be, on a Super Bowl contender. But, you’re probably right, I’m sure he’s kicking himself for not staying with the Bengals and now has to deal with the stress of possibly playing in a Super Bowl.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
Reply/Quote
Damn.....and here I thought Joe Mixon ran for a TD, and Randy scored 9 points. Turns out, it was all Driskel! Shit....I need my eyes checked..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 04:55 PM)Fullrock Wrote: In his second start against one of the best teams in the AFC on the road, Driskel put up what should have been 27 points if you count the 4 points that got taken off the board with a BS non TD call and the 2 extra points that would have been kicked. He did it without AJ, Eifert, Kroft, and a makeshift offensive line. Build the offense around this kid and use his athleticism. Incorporate some zone reads and some run/pass options. He has all the tools to develop into a top tier QB.

AGREE
Reply/Quote
Can we at least win a start with him before deeming him the future?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The kid has talent; however, I don't think Lazor is using it correctly. Dude needs to be more involved in the run game.

As to the OP: It would be nice if it were an open competition; but it won't
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

If Merv is still the coach no competition will be allowed no matter the results.

If Merv is gone, all bets are off and anything could happen.

Personally, I'd like to see a competition between that two and a fixed OL.

Reply/Quote