Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach (/Thread-Latest-Zac-Taylor-could-be-Bengals-new-head-coach)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - Bengalpool - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:32 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Who knows what to believe anymore... Lol. Whoever our HC is, would HAVE to be having SOME communication with Katie/Troy/Duke during the firing of our assistant coaches. Right....? Would Jason even know for a fact if Zac had communications with the Bengals at all?

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - McC - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:45 PM)Takedown Wrote: Who knows what to believe anymore... Lol. Whoever our HC is, would HAVE to be having SOME communication with Katie/Troy/Duke during the firing of our assistant coaches. Right....? Would Jason even know for a fact if Zac had communications with the Bengals at all?

So far, it's been Hue, Lazor, Joseph, Bieniemy and now Taylor.

If it's not Taylor, I'm gonna hunt down these speculators and find out WTF.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - mon4078 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The source was Paul Dehner and Fletcher page in tweets but now I cannot find it.  I know the stats look bad but it was the head coach's last year and I think the players were giving up that year.  

Totally agree the team was a mess bye time Taylor was hired TT was on his way out and the team was out of shape and looked uninterested.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - Big Boss - 01-10-2019

This sounds simple enough.

The Bengals want him. They'll wait til the Rams are out of the playoffs so as not to distract him. They'll ask him.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - Nebuchadnezzar - 01-10-2019

If its Taylor, I guess the Bengals could give him 4 years and see but I think it would be better that he get a couple years as OC to make me a bit more comfortable.

What I want is for Bieniemy to be HC, Taylor the OC and someone with HC experience to be DC. I had said before that Joseph would be a good candidate for DC which would be a help for Bieniemy but it appears the only way Joseph will come to Cincinnati is for the HC position so that's out.

But, whatever happens we fans have to give the new HC time. While the Bengals may be better next year, I do not expect playoffs...that will just be a bonus.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - StoneTheCrow - 01-10-2019

Hot take: There’s no ink to paper. It won’t be Taylor. Shaun Rogers, Whitner, Warren Sapp, AJ Mc trade to the Browns-rug getting pulled out situation incoming.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - kalibengal - 01-10-2019

NFL.com just reported its Taylor at top of list. I think it would be a breath pf fresh air around here for sure. Being an LA native, the McVay train is awesome to watch and Taylor maybe able to bring some life back to Bengals.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - The Real Deal - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 11:15 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Hot take: There’s no ink to paper. It won’t be Taylor. Shaun Rogers, Whitner, Warren Sapp, AJ Mc trade to the Browns-rug getting pulled out situation incoming.

You know, I’m kinda thinking this isn’t over yet either. Would not at all surprise me if Bieniemy still gets the nod.

Until someone signs on the dotted line anything can happen.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - WycheKid - 01-10-2019

If it does indeed end up being Taylor, I'm relieved that it's him and not Bienemy. I just get kind of a goofy Herm Edwards/Mike Singletary vibe from Bienemy's interviews that gives me pause. I'd like for the new coach to be someone that isn't a big talker and simply gets the team prepared as well as possible and does a great job with game management and adjustments. Taylor seems really together, sharp, and like he won't get caught up in his own hype. The last thing this team needs is a Rex Ryan bullshitting sideshow. I just have a hunch about Bienemy in that respect, nothing more nothing less.

The AFC North is at a turning point right now. Browns frankly seem like the ascendant power with Mayfield. I think the Ravens will hit a wall with Jackson; he's never going to throw the ball nearly as well as Vick or RG3 did. Pittsburgh is getting more chaotic each year and is1-2 years away from a reboot at QB. So where can the Bengals have "an edge" in this division? Having really intelligent, even-keeled coaching could be it.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - StoneTheCrow - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 11:30 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You know, I’m kinda thinking this isn’t over yet either. Would not at all surprise me if Bieniemy still gets the nod.

Until someone signs on the dotted line anything can happen.

And here I was hoping Goodberry would be like “Na, it’ll be Taylor.”

Shit.

Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - ochocincos - 01-11-2019

(01-10-2019, 09:22 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: So one is the coach responsible for Goffs success n the other is the coach responsible for Wentz n Foles success . I like it , make the brother OC coach or QB coach for the Bengals ..,great pick

Depends when you consider Goff’s success started. Taylor was not the QB coach last year when Goff broke out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - XsandOs - 01-11-2019

(01-10-2019, 09:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are we all rooting for the Rams to tank it?  As for me, I think it would be cool to get a HC coming off of a Superbowl Victory!

Agreed. Reich is an example.

Coaches who are ex-QBs, have better success in creating good offenses.

Game day play calling, does not matter. That was a criticism of Reich last year.

It is most probably Taylor. If he can follow in Wyche's footsteps as an ex-QB, I think we will be good.

We need a real DC. He won't have Phillips, Suh, Donald, Fowler, Talib, etc.

So he needs a strong DC with prior HC experience to take day-to-day player management off his hands, and let him build out a three year plan.

He might salvage Dalton's career as well.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-11-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:39 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: My only thing with this is, why are we releasing assistants then?

I think the talks were done when they flew on over to LA if it is Taylor, right now it is pertinent to not get him out of his game, there is an agreement whether it is Taylor or Beinemy. Same with E.B. if it ends up being him as HC. Something has been agreed to that is a given.

Good night fellas i feel good bout it all. Haslett is out WHOO HOOO!!!

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - thillan - 01-11-2019

I really like it. We were going to have to take a chance regardless.

Now let's take over the Patriots as the new dynasty! Lol

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Joelist - 01-11-2019

So long as whoever the new HC brings in as OC actually designs an offense to complement our players and what they do well things will improve dramatically. Also while we're at it the entire strength and conditioning program has to be redone as we have had too many seasons where we get wrecked by injuries. Once is just bad luck; more than once and you have to call physical conditioning into question.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - TSwigZ - 01-11-2019

Instead of having an OC this year the Rams has a Pass game coordinator and a run game coordinator i kind of like this idea

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - 34inXXIII - 01-11-2019

We're virtually assured of a Rams-Chiefs Super Bowl at this point, just to drag out the Taylor-Bieniemy speculation.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Goncrazzy - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 07:35 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: We're virtually assured of a Rams-Chiefs Super Bowl at this point, just to drag out the Taylor-Bieniemy speculation.

On one hand that would suck for us fans,  keeping us in suspense as to who the new HC is,  but on the other hand we'd be getting a HC with either a AFC/NFC Championship ring and possibly a SB ring

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - HarleyDog - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 07:35 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: We're virtually assured of a Rams-Chiefs Super Bowl at this point, just to drag out the Taylor-Bieniemy speculation.

I was thinking about this the other day. Knowing our luck, if Rams and Chiefs win out, each week will be another with no announcement. People here are going to fall apart. Then I started thinking, knowing our FO, what if there is no announcement until after the SB to keep all the fans in suspense, and then day after Mike announces Hugh as HC?

I fear there would be a couple thousand reports of spontaneous combustion in our fan base.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Bengalpool - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 08:41 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was thinking about this the other day. Knowing our luck, if Rams and Chiefs win out, each week will be another with no announcement. People here are going to fall apart. Then I started thinking, knowing our FO, what if there is no announcement until after the SB to keep all the fans in suspense, and then day after Mike announces Hugh as HC?

I fear there would be a couple thousand reports of spontaneous combustion in our fan base.

I for one would lose it.