Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach (/Thread-Latest-Zac-Taylor-could-be-Bengals-new-head-coach)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - SnakeEyez925 - 01-11-2019

I'm just happy there is a *cautious* yet positive buzz right now in Bengaldom.

I'm remembering how it felt in 2003

then how much it felt like we won the Super Bowl just going 8-8 the following year

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Bengalpool - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 09:13 AM)SnakeEyez925 Wrote: I'm just happy there is a *cautious* yet positive buzz right now in Bengaldom.

I'm remembering how it felt in 2003

then how much it felt like we won the Super Bowl just going 8-8 the following year

Always reason to worry in Bengals Land. Every right to be excited whether its E.B. or Taylor.

11/16/03.. That's the game that really got me into football. It was the first full game I ever watched with my dad and I remember it so well.

Yes... The things we take for granted. Well, not really. After 16 years of coaching you'd expect a playoff win or two.. But 8-8 was a nice feeling after the nightmare 90's.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - The Real Deal - 01-11-2019

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - 34inXXIII - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 07:49 AM)Goncrazzy Wrote: On one hand that would suck for us fans,  keeping us in suspense as to who the new HC is,  but on the other hand we'd be getting a HC with either a AFC/NFC Championship ring and possibly a SB ring

Good point. Then again, our last coach had a Super Bowl ring when he took the job, too. It would be some nice buzz for the franchise, though.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - McC - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 10:31 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

I like it.  He wants to have the job.  He could be a god in this town.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Bengalpool - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 10:31 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

So the interest is mutual? I would mostly like to know if it was Taylor's say in who we let go yesterday and who we plan to let go of today? I'm already assuming we keep Lazor..

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - yellowxdiscipline - 01-11-2019

Man some of you guys are impossible. We all wanted an outside hire. Got it.

Now were being nitpicky... "We'll hes not as experienced as Monken or Bieniemy."

Can we just sit back and let this unfold without being super critical.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Sled21 - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 10:34 AM)Takedown Wrote: So the interest is mutual? I would mostly like to know if it was Taylor's say in who we let go yesterday and who we plan to let go of today? I'm already assuming we keep Lazor..

I don't really follow Bearcat football since I moved away in '86. What's the scoop on this guy? 

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Au165 - 01-11-2019

It's funny Andy Benoit of SI who does really good work on in depth football break downs did an article on Zac and Press Taylor. The article basically ended with the NFL will be coming after these guys as head coaches in the near future. This was back on December 6th, but before the whole everyone who knows Sean McVay thing started Taylor was a guy a lot of people in the know thought he was a year away from being a HC. We go at him a year early before he becomes the top candidate.

Like I said earlier, I like going for the home run swing taking a risk on a guy maybe a year before he is ready rather than taking a retread or a guy who has been waiting a long time (probably with reason). If we are going to take big swings you got to know you can miss big, but if we miss big I'm still okay because it wasn't just being "status quo".

(01-11-2019, 10:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't really follow Bearcat football since I moved away in '86. What's the scoop on this guy? 

With UC in 2016, Points/G was 123rd out of 128 (19.3) when he was the OC under Tommy Tuberville (4-8 season).... His stint with UC is not a sight for sore eyes.

With LAR, McVay has said that Taylor has been "instrumental" with turning around the Rams to what they are now. Take that as you will.

Interviews with Taylor have been impressive and he has great communication with players.

I don't know too much yet. He's 35 and has ties to Cincinnati already. Apparently he wants to be here. We'll see what happens.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - The Real Deal - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 10:34 AM)Takedown Wrote: So the interest is mutual? I would mostly like to know if it was Taylor's say in who we let go yesterday and who we plan to let go of today? I'm already assuming we keep Lazor..

With more assistant coaches having meetings scheduled today I think by tonight we may have a clearer view of the direction they may be going coordinator-wise. I’m wxpectimg another flurry of activity again by late this morning-mid afternoon.

(01-11-2019, 10:57 AM)Takedown Wrote: With UC in 2016, Points/G was 123rd out of 128 (19.3) when he was the OC under Tommy Tuberville (4-8 season).... His stint with UC is not a sight for sore eyes.

With LAR, McVay has said that Taylor has been "instrumental" with turning around the Rams to what they are now. Take that as you will.

Interviews with Taylor have been impressive and he has great communication with players.

I don't know too much yet. He's 35 and has ties to Cincinnati already. Apparently he wants to be here. We'll see what happens.

But the ypg durimg his stint with UC was ranked 6th in the country. So it wasn’t quite as bad as it seemed. I am curious as to why they couldn’t get in the endzone more regularly that season.

But for me, I think a coach having previous failures isn’t such a bad thing. Experience is the cruelest yet best teacher. And I’m thinking he has learned a lot since then.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Earendil - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 02:29 AM)Joelist Wrote: So long as whoever the new HC brings in as OC actually designs an offense to complement our players and what they do well things will improve dramatically. Also while we're at it the entire strength and conditioning program has to be redone as we have had too many seasons where we get wrecked by injuries. Once is just bad luck; more than once and you have to call physical conditioning into question.

In fairness, unlike most teams, we do play the Steelers twice a year.  So that typically adds about 15 injuries.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - fredtoast - 01-11-2019

!2th President of the United States!!

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - JungleRock85 - 01-11-2019

I don't know if Taylor will work out or not and I had Bienemy as my #1 option. However, I am still extremely excited because we didn't just hire Hue or Vance like many expected. If Taylor doesn't work out in a few years then we look for someone else which is what we would likely have been doing with Hue or Vance anyways. If he does work out then fantastic because we have a young guy that should be around for years as our Head Coach. I will be curious to see if we draft a Quarterback now to start developing for a season. A young offensive coach is going to want their own guy somewhere in the first couple of rounds if they have any power in the situation so that will be very telling on how much power that are giving the new coach.

(01-11-2019, 11:14 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: But the ypg durimg his stint with UC was ranked 6th in the country. So it wasn’t quite as bad as it seemed. I am curious as to why they couldn’t get in the endzone more regularly that season.

But for me, I think a coach having previous failures isn’t such a bad thing. Experience is the cruelest yet best teacher. And I’m thinking he has learned a lot since then.

I missed the YPG, that is a little more intriguing given his time there.

I agree. Not every coach came into football firing on all cylinders. I’m excited to see a new HC in general.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - depthchart - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 10:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't really follow Bearcat football since I moved away in '86. What's the scoop on this guy? 

Taylor was an Offensive Coordinator for the Dolphins and actually became the interim Offensive Coordinator after Bill Lazor was fired.

Taylor was QB Coach during some of Ryan Tannehill's best years and likely has a good relationship with Bill Lazor.

Taylor is married to former Packer Head Coach Mike Sherman's daughter and Sherman was with the Dolphins as an Offensive Coordinator during some of Taylors time there and likely helped get Taylor hired with the Dolphins in 2012.

Zac may bounce ideas off of his father in law Sherman or tap into his contacts from time to time.

Then there are his two years with Sean McVay. Hopefully learning some of McVay's ways and developing his own Rams related contacts to go with his relationships formed while with the Dolphins.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - XenoMorph - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 10:35 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Man some of you guys are impossible. We all wanted an outside hire. Got it.

Now were being nitpicky... "We'll hes not as experienced as Monken or Bieniemy."

Can we just sit back and let this unfold without being super critical.

come on man you aint new here lol

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - depthchart - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 11:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: !2th President of the United States!!

As 12th President he was against entangling foreign alliances. Tongue

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - ZWP - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 10:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's funny Andy Benoit of SI who does really good work on in depth football break downs did an article on Zac and Press Taylor. The article basically ended with the NFL will be coming after these guys as head coaches in the near future. This was back on December 6th, but before the whole everyone who knows Sean McVay thing started Taylor was a guy a lot of people in the know thought he was a year away from being a HC. We go at him a year early before he becomes the top candidate.

Like I said earlier, I like going for the home run swing taking a risk on a guy maybe a year before he is ready rather than taking a retread or a guy who has been waiting a long time (probably with reason). If we are going to take big swings you got to know you can miss big, but if we miss big I'm still okay because it wasn't just being "status quo".

Exactly.