Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The new symbol of hate - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: The new symbol of hate (/Thread-The-new-symbol-of-hate)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The new symbol of hate - bfine32 - 02-27-2019

[Image: MAGA-hat-300x300.jpg]

It seems to bring out hate in all that see it:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-schooler-faces-potential-criminal-charge-video-knocking-maga-hat-off-fellow-student-goes-viral-015153063.html

Quote:high school student from Edmond, Okla., could face a potential criminal charge after a viral video showed him knocking a “Make America Great Again” hat off of a peer’s head and grabbing his “Trump 2020” flag.

RE: The new symbol of hate - PhilHos - 02-27-2019

(02-27-2019, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: MAGA-hat-300x300.jpg]

It seems to bring out hate in all that see it:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-schooler-faces-potential-criminal-charge-video-knocking-maga-hat-off-fellow-student-goes-viral-015153063.html

Yep, gotta love the "non-violent" and "tolerant" left. 

RE: The new symbol of hate - GMDino - 02-27-2019

Oh look!

Shiny object about one person so we can paint the entire "left".

That's original!

What is it with you guys and caring more about "symbols" than what happens in the world? "Don't disrespect the flag by kneeling...don't disrespect my hat!" Smirk

RE: The new symbol of hate - bfine32 - 02-27-2019

(02-27-2019, 01:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh look!

Shiny object about one person so we can paint the entire "left".

That's original!

Almost as original as calling everyone "Trump supporters". 

I can provide many more instances if you wish or you can concede it is becoming an issue that needs to be addressed. 

I'll wait for Pat to call out your post for being snark and lacking substance. 

RE: The new symbol of hate - Vas Deferens - 02-27-2019

if knocking a hat off someone's head is a 'criminal offense' these days... wow.

*the substance of this post may be obfuscated

(02-27-2019, 01:13 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: if knocking a hat off someone's head is a 'criminal offense' these days...  wow.

*the substance of this post may be obfuscated

I have 0 problem with High School bullying being a crime.

You seem to go more along the ST. Lucie thoughts on bullying.

(02-27-2019, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have 0 problem with High School bullying being a crime.

You seem to go more along the ST. Lucie thoughts on bullying.

not sure i would call this bullying, but I don't know the full story.  

damn good point though.  you're really good at this stuff.  congrats

(02-27-2019, 01:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Almost as original as calling everyone "Trump supporters". 

I can provide many more instances if you wish or you can concede it is becoming an issue that needs to be addressed. 

I'll wait for Pat to call out your post for being snark and lacking substance. 

Oh good....a back and forth between people saying they don't like a hat and then me posting all the time a Trump supporter did a violent act.

That will make for improving things!

I think I'll pass.

to be fair, i'll bet Dino's hats are real ***** lame and under the right circumstances i may be inclined to knock one off his head.

RE: The new symbol of hate - Benton - 02-27-2019

SPOILER:
Right: The left is all violent weaklings who want stuff for free like $15 an hour minimum wage. And they hate whitey.
Left: The right is all ignorant hellbillies who want to destroy labor for their billionaire overlords and force us to go to church.

(02-27-2019, 01:38 PM)Benton Wrote: SPOILER:
Right: The left is all violent weaklings who want stuff for free like $15 an hour minimum wage. And they hate whitey.
Left: The right is all ignorant hellbillies who want to destroy labor for their billionaire overlords and force us to go to church.

Are you lost?

(02-27-2019, 01:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: to be fair, i'll bet Dino's hats are real ***** lame and under the right circumstances i may be inclined to knock one off his head.

This is about the Steelers isn't it? Nervous

[Image: $_35.JPG?set_id=2]

RE: The new symbol of hate - jmccracky - 02-27-2019

(02-27-2019, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you lost?

No, he's talking about that violent left. Ya know, like that coast guard dude who wanted to murder lots of people, the guy in Charlottesville who ran over that poor girl, the guys at Trump rallies who threaten to beat up reporters, etc. Ya know ...THAT intolerant violent left.

Dix on both sides of the aisle. The left doesn't have the Monopoly on having douchebags. I think that's the point.

(02-27-2019, 01:47 PM)jmccracky Wrote: No, he's talking about that violent left. Ya know, like that coast guard dude who wanted to murder lots of people, the guy in Charlottesville who ran over that poor girl, the guys at Trump rallies who threaten to beat up reporters, etc. Ya know ...THAT intolerant violent left.

Dix on both sides of the aisle. The left doesn't have the Monopoly on having douchebags. I think that's the point.

Oh, yeah, but this thread was more about how the MAGA hats are becoming a symbol of hate.

We have the Covington kid and Sollett assault as recent examples as where there was not one dix, but a systemic attempt to attach the hat to hate, all the while proving the exact opposite.

BTW, are you putting words in his mouth? 

RE: The new symbol of hate - fredtoast - 02-27-2019

The problem is not the hat. The problem is the that Trump is so aggressively insulting, antagonistic, and confrontational.

There have always been people from both sides who were offended by either Obama or Bush. And I am sure there have always been fights that started over hats/t-shirts/signs promoting the other party. But no prior President has relied on insults and promoted violence like Trump has. It appeals to his base supporters. They respond with adoration when he suggests that anyone being obnoxious toward him should be physically assaulted. They loved it when he praised Greg Gianforte for assaulting reporter.

So physical assault is okay with Trump supporters, but they turn into snowflakes with tear stained victim cards when someone dares flip a MAGA hat off one of their heads.

The behavior is wrong from both sides, but Donald Trump is the only one actively supporting physical violence. So if you have a problem with the reaction to MAGA hats look to your leader for blame.

(02-27-2019, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The problem is not the hat.  The problem is the that Trump is so aggressively insulting, antagonistic, and confrontational.

There have always been people from both sides who were offended by either Obama or Bush.  And I am sure there have always been fights that started over hats/t-shirts/signs promoting the other party.  But no prior President has relied on insults and promoted violence like Trump has.  It appeals to his base supporters.  They respond with adoration when he suggests that anyone being obnoxious toward him should be physically assaulted.  They loved it when he praised Greg Gianforte for assaulting reporter.

So physical assault is okay with Trump supporters, but they turn into snowflakes with tear stained victim cards when someone dares flip a MAGA hat off one of their heads.

The behavior is wrong from both sides, but Donald Trump is the only one actively supporting physical violence.  So if you have a problem with the reaction to MAGA hats look to your leader for blame.
Surprising Cliffsnote:

It's Trump's fault.

(02-27-2019, 01:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Surprising Cliffsnote:

It's Trump's fault.

Exactly. 

I explained it clearly and you did not dispute anything I said.  You won't even try to explain why people are responding differently to Trump than they did to Obama or Bush.

(02-27-2019, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly. 

I explained it clearly and you did not dispute anything I said.

Except the whole premise that it's Trump's fault.

Folks jumped to conclusion on the MAGA kid video

Sollett adds hate to his attack by referring to MAGA country

One kid bullies another kid in school for the way he choose to dress during a "dress up" day.

None of that is Trump's fault. It's the fault of those that try to attach hate to a hat. You know the type.

(02-27-2019, 01:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: This is about the Steelers isn't it? Nervous

[Image: $_35.JPG?set_id=2]
**** your hat bro

(02-27-2019, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Except the whole premise that it's Trump's fault.

Folks jumped to conclusion on the MAGA kid video

Sollett adds hate to his attack by referring to MAGA country

One kid bullies another kid in school for the way he choose to dress during a "dress up" day.

None of that is Trump's fault. It's the fault of those that try to attach hate to a hat. You know the type.

You still don't explain why Trumps MAGA hats inspire more hatred than Bush or Obama gear.  It is because Trump is aggressively insulting and promotes violence while Obama and Bush did not.

BTW the false conclusions from the Smallman video were based on the crowd of boys doing offensive chants, whoops, and tomahawk chops.  People would have had the exact same response even if there was not hat.  There have been multiple "viral videos" of racial situations where there was no MAGA hat involved.  Only people in the echo chamber think it was because of the hat.