Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2019-NFL-Draft-Discussion-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Clark W Griswold - 04-25-2019

Skins got their guy without having to trade picks to move up

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Joelist - 04-25-2019

Dwayne is a Redskin.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - LebanonFan - 04-25-2019

Gordon McGuinness
@PFF_Gordon
That's such a great pick for Cincinnati. Elite college production and only 21 years old

ZT era pick one has me smiling! We actually seem to be understanding how important the trenches are at last!

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - t3r3e3 - 04-25-2019

(04-25-2019, 10:57 PM)yang Wrote: The upside to the Steelers taking Bush is that our defense will suck again without a quality linebacker allowing us anhigh oick for QB next year! And our linebackers are bad. They better have gotten aMalik Jefferson a tutor.

Cashman, Wilson, and Burr-Kirven still available. I prefer Cashman. Best wheels, tackling machine, good in coverage.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 04-25-2019

(04-25-2019, 10:43 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So you do not think they should have had a plan in place in case the draft did not play their way? It is very good to have experience on your bench and you could do worse than having Hart as a backup. They just made a huge upgrade to the O line and that is a very good thing. You would think you would be happy about that.

That's pretty much it. You have to have a plan in place in case you don't get a guy in the draft. 

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think the grand total the Bengals would be out is $5.5 Mil with the contract he signed. That's for him to back up thins year or get cut. 

?

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Ravage - 04-25-2019

(04-25-2019, 10:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure glad they dropped $21m on Hart just to use their first round pick on a T.

Odds that he is a backup this year and Glenn/Hart start?

They dropped 7M on Hart & can get outta the deal relatively easy after 1 yr. Considering 9 years ago they gave 8M to Antonio Bryant to hang out at OTA's and TC just to get cut before the regular season, there's worse wastes of money on the Bengals books than insuring you had at least SOMEONE at RT. 

Plus Glenn is somewhat injury prone, didn't make anyone forget about Whit last year, and only under contract for another year after this upcoming season. 

Finally, if you believe Spotrac, Hart's deal is 3yrs, 16.15M, not the 21M that was initially reported. I'm guessing if Hart doesn't play, he won't hit any incentives that might push it to 21M.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/bobby-hart-16952/

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nebuchadnezzar - 04-25-2019

Now that Washington took Haskins, could the Bengals give this years third or maybe just a fourth for Allen from Arizona?

Or how about three 6's or something crazy?

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Sled21 - 04-25-2019

(04-25-2019, 11:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's pretty much it. You have to have a plan in place in case you don't get a guy in the draft. 

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think the grand total the Bengals would be out is $5.5 Mil with the contract he signed. That's for him to back up thins year or get cut. 

?

That's about right if he doesn't meet his incentives, which he won't if he's riding the pine, and 5 mil is about right for a backup tackle.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-25-2019

(04-25-2019, 10:48 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Jonah Williams didn't look too happy when he got picked.

He was crying tears of joy and was super happy.

(04-25-2019, 11:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's pretty much it. You have to have a plan in place in case you don't get a guy in the draft. 

?

Correct. I REALLY wish people would use the correct numbers for Hart's contract. His cap number this year is 5.5 million, 4.9 million next year and then 5.9 million in the last year. We can clip him next year for a 2 million cap hit. 

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - BengalFanInNJ - 04-25-2019

Who’s the dope walking behind Brian Burns on the way up to the podium??

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - MrHinkyDink - 04-25-2019

Why do the Bengals have Williams listed as a guard on their website?

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Captain Happy Pants - 04-25-2019

Happy with the pick. Not flashy but we got the best OL.

Not that it matters, but I’m curious if we would’ve picked Bush if Pittsburgh didn’t jump ahead of us. It would have been awesome if we weren’t going to draft him anyway, and cost the Steelers a lot

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Synric - 04-25-2019

(04-25-2019, 11:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Correct. I REALLY wish people would use the correct numbers for Hart's contract. His cap number this year is 5.5 million, 4.9 million next year and then 5.9 million in the last year. We can clip him next year for a 2 million cap hit. 

1 mil if they designate him a post June first cut.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - BonnieBengal - 04-25-2019

(04-25-2019, 11:06 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Happy with the pick.  Not flashy but we got the best OL.

Not that it matters, but I’m curious if we would’ve picked Bush if Pittsburgh didn’t jump ahead of us.  It would have been awesome if we weren’t going to draft him anyway, and cost the Steelers a lot

That's what I'm thinking.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - George Cantstandya - 04-25-2019

Just checked out Williams Twitter. He doesn't really tweet or whatever as well, only 3. His most recent was in reply to Joe Thomas about a steak. That's a good sign to me he isn't into all that mess.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - yang - 04-25-2019

(04-25-2019, 11:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's about right if he doesn't meet his incentives, which he won't if he's riding the pine, and 5 mil is about right for a backup tackle.

Williams has to beat out Hart first and our new OL coach loves him some Hart. This will really end up sad if that happens. Especially as Devin Bush makes 15 tackles a game against us. We better hope he can’t cover.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Synric - 04-25-2019

(04-25-2019, 11:05 PM)MrHinkyDink Wrote: Why do the Bengals have Williams listed as a guard on their website?

Lol they do have him listed at guard but I doubt they took him at 11 to play him at guard over the other tackles still on the board. Especially since they have no tackles besides Glenn and Hart.

Williams will beat out Hart handily.