Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2019-NFL-Draft-Discussion-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - J24 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does Reggie Kelly count?

I will do you one better Gronk

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Joelist - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really how could we have done better than Williams?

My point. He was easily the best lineman in the draft, is also easily the most pro ready and has been lauded as the best technical lineman to come out in years. He fit our need perfectly. 

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-26-2019

I was miffed at round 2 TE pick, then I got to thinking:

Our running game has been bad. We have above average backs so why so bad, it is the OL and blocking TE.

So, Bengals grabbed arguably best OL in the draft, brought in Miller at guard and then drafted a TE who may be best TE in the class.

If our running game gets a lot better in 2019, then maybe the FO and new coach know more than us.

As for the LB pick, we need a LB to step up in 2019, so hopefully Pratt can do it or others on roster can do it.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nately120 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least the Browns took a guy with a fun name.

He's no Jake Butt, though.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - RunKijanaRun - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...anything less than 'Great pick' and the homers are upset.

We could have drafted a Punter in the 2nd Round and some people would rave about it.

The Bungle-splainin after that Sample pick was the stuff of legend. Teams with needs as myriad as ours don’t take Drew Sample in the 2nd round. It was a bad pick.

I don’t love Pratt but he’ll do. If he was following a better selection I’d feel better.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - BonnieBengal - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably most people here considering we’re following the draft...

Draft night for me is not about trying to figure out if a guy was a reach or a bust. That won’t be known for a long while. It’s about watching young men realize a dream. And it’s about welcoming new players to the team.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:24 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: The Bungle-splainin after that Sample pick was the stuff of legend. 

It paled in comparison to the meltdown. 

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - PAjwPhilly - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For the life of me, i can't figure out why ANYONE would argue for a blocking TE that might turn out to be a decent pass catcher when they could probably get one that's already been through an NFL season or two on another roster, with the multitude of picks they have. Or, since they reached for this one, why not make your scouts earn their money and find that unknown guy from a smaller school?

It just makes zero sense to argue for the pick in the 2nd round. 

I, for one, knew they were taking a blocking TE. The staff liked him. They picked him. Do you scout? Do you know the picks? Get over it

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - NKURyan - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No one, because no one here even knew who he was before the pick!

...and yet everyone's sure he's hot garbage. Ok.

Let's say the Bengals grab, I don't know, a Ryan Findley or a Jarrett Stidham in the 4th round. Go with Justin Layne and Julian Love if you're QB-adverse. If you would've said to someone after the first round that the next three picks would be Findley/Pratt/Sample, would they be happy with that? That's a 2nd round projection, a 3rd round projection, and a 4th round projection. Would seem pretty good on the surface. Personally, I don't really care what order they went in - just get the guys you want at the end of the day.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's no Jake Butt, though.

Jeremy Sprinkle laughs at your Butt

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Essex Johnson - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know why people have to try to justify EVERY single Bengals move as good.

From the Hart signing.  To the team drafting a replacement to Hart. To Hart being good enough to possibly switch to Guard. To Sample being a valuable pick. etc.

Obviously, when you don't win a playoff game in 28 years...not every move you make is great and largely the same braintrust is in charge.

and it sounds like people justify every pick is a bad pick also , as I stated before..  we had three areas of need.. I liked that we stayed with those three areas in first three rounds.. none of us are coaches in the NFL.. so we might not be happy with the player we got but they valued and they picked within our need areas .. so i am happy on that 

(04-26-2019, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jeremy Sprinkle laughs at your Butt

Who doesn't?

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - NKURyan - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It paled in comparison to the meltdown. 

Imagine making fun of people for "Bungle splainin" and then spending your whole Friday night posting with them. And I thought *I* was wasting a Friday night lol.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:26 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Draft night for me is not about trying to figure out if a guy was a reach or a bust. That won’t be known for a long while. It’s about watching young men realize a dream. And it’s about welcoming new players to the team.

Meh. Sorry if I’m not feeling the warm and fuzzies coming off three straight losing seasons, a laughable coaching staff process, and now picks we’re getting made fun of for...

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Bilbo Saggins - 04-26-2019

This has been a win-now sort of draft so far. Fill the holes, take the high football character types instead of the shiny athletes who aren't as good of players. I like it so far. Sample seems gritty, maybe lower ceiling than some of the move TE guys, but likely to contribute. Pratt is promising in coverage, just needs some coaching up. This team is going to be fun to watch. 

(04-26-2019, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meh. Sorry if I’m not feeling the warm and fuzzies coming off three straight losing seasons, a laughable coaching staff process, and now picks we’re getting made fun of for...

I will admit the whole "what do the haters know?!" mantra plays a lot better when we aren't on a 3-year collage of crap.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - matmaven - 04-26-2019

Serious question. What is the point of having 6 6th rd picks?

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - StoneTheCrow - 04-26-2019

Another punchable steeler.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:27 PM)NKURyan Wrote: ...and yet everyone's sure he's hot garbage. Ok.

Let's say the Bengals grab, I don't know, a Ryan Findley or a Jarrett Stidham in the 4th round. Go with Justin Layne and Julian Love if you're QB-adverse. If you would've said to someone after the first round that the next three picks would be Findley/Pratt/Sample, would they be happy with that? That's a 2nd round projection, a 3rd round projection, and a 4th round projection. Would seem pretty good on the surface. Personally, I don't really care what order they went in - just get the guys you want at the end of the day.

I think the problem is the perception that Sample would be there in round 3-4 and there were players like Thornhill, Zach Allen, Adderley still there.  But Taylor has a plan.  The Bengals are sticking to their board.  

I really think they traded down in round two when Ford and Risner were picked.  I think they had their eye on Ford even with the new guard they signed in FA this off season.  

(04-26-2019, 11:31 PM)matmaven Wrote: Serious question.  What is the point of having 6 6th rd picks?

For us?  We get WRs that people assume are going to be uncoverable monsters that will give opposing DC's nightmares.