Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
(04-26-2019, 11:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m about as impressed with Taylor’s drafting as I was how he filled out his coaching staff...

Tank for Tua!

I'm probably insane but I'm not high on Tua at all. 
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Has anybody ever thought to ask who Wisconsin’s o-line coach is?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:14 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Who cares?

If we’re not going to try to make rough assessments on how we’re doing, there’s really no reason to watch.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm probably insane but I'm not high on Tua at all. 

Same
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:14 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: And I said I didn’t like the pick, but I didn’t hate it. Much better than Sample.

But it bothers me that these guys are so obviously just drafting by need and not even close to BPA. Those two lines intersected in Rd. 1 and they diverged recklessly thereafter.

Oh, you thought I was serious when I said I just found out Pratt was a former DB. My bad.

Drafting for need is the way to go in the first couple rounds.Now BPA is the way to go.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:01 PM)NKURyan Wrote: So if they took Pratt in the 2nd and Sample in the 3rd, would that have made any people happier?

Not me. 

Why in the world would i be happy with a blocking TE before the 4th round? 

If the Bengals had never taken him and someone else did in the 3rd 4th or 5th, how many Bengals fans would go "damn, there goes our blocking TE!"

No one, because no one here even knew who he was before the pick!

Now, how many Bengals fans have gone, "damn, there goes X! (a player from a different position that was projected to, even only possibly, be a starter)? Uh, a lot. 

Can anyone name for me the last blocking TE that was taken in the 2nd round. 

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:13 PM)JSR18 Wrote: CBS sportstracker has our grades at

RD 1 B+
RD 2 C
RD 3 C+

MEH.....

Lol great start Taylor!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:08 PM)NKURyan Wrote: In the 2nd round: We need to take a linebacker!
In the 3rd round: We reached for a linebacker! (Even though we were choosing from the exact same pool of players at the position lol)

Ha that’s perfect lol
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: The B+ for Jonah Williams shows they lack credibility.

Really how could we have done better than Williams?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It is slow while Devin Bush is running 4.43 for the Steelers.

Not sure 4.57 is going to keep up with the faster TEs and most RB.

Kuechly runs a 4.59, anything in 4.5 is fine for LB.
Reply/Quote
Anyone got a good site that is quick with their live picks?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not me. 

Why in the world would i be happy with a blocking TE before the 4th round? 

If the Bengals had never taken him and someone else did in the 3rd 4th or 5th, how many Bengals fans would go "damn, there goes our blocking TE!"

No one, because no one here even knew who he was before the pick!

Now, how many Bengals fans have gone, "damn, there goes X! (a player from a different position that was projected to, even only possibly, be a starter)? Uh, a lot. 

Can anyone name for me the last blocking TE that was taken in the 2nd round. 

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Does Reggie Kelly count?

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know why people have to try to justify EVERY single Bengals move as good.

From the Hart signing.  To the team drafting a replacement to Hart. To Hart being good enough to possibly switch to Guard. To Sample being a valuable pick. etc.

Obviously, when you don't win a playoff game in 28 years...not every move you make is great and largely the same braintrust is in charge.

There's a pretty big difference between saying "let's wait and see" and "that was a good decision". That won't stop anyone from decrying it as the "worst pick ever", though.

You seem to misread things a lot. You always interpret "this isn't what you think it is" as "this is the best thing ever".

But hey, glad you're back, we had to go like 2 weeks straight without someone bringing up the whole no playoff win in 28 years thing.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If we’re not going to try to make rough assessments on how we’re doing, there’s really no reason to watch.

Yeah...anything less than 'Great pick' and the homers are upset.

We could have drafted a Punter in the 2nd Round and some people would rave about it.
Reply/Quote
At least the Browns took a guy with a fun name.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The dude ran 4.5 and is a former DB. You're going to have to make up something else not to like him

And the guy is yoked. Brings the pain on hits....I like it
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It is slow while Devin Bush is running 4.43 for the Steelers.

Not sure 4.57 is going to keep up with the faster TEs and most RB.

What type of 40 times do the faster TEs and most RBs post?

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:14 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Who cares?

Probably most people here considering we’re following the draft...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok homer. Have fun defending that Sample pick. You’ll have your work cut out for you.

For the life of me, i can't figure out why ANYONE would argue for a blocking TE that might turn out to be a decent pass catcher when they could probably get one that's already been through an NFL season or two on another roster, with the multitude of picks they have. Or, since they reached for this one, why not make your scouts earn their money and find that unknown guy from a smaller school?

It just makes zero sense to argue for the pick in the 2nd round. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Draft grades same night are ridiculous. Nobody knows how the draft will turn out. Geno Atkins was a 4th rounder. The whole thing is a crap shoot.
Reply/Quote