Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
McCoy to bengals? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: McCoy to bengals? (/Thread-McCoy-to-bengals)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: McCoy to bengals? - PAjwPhilly - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 02:59 PM)XsandOs Wrote: The Ravens should be favored to win the division.

Harbaugh will run a pistol and read option offense. His brother took SF to multiple NFC championship games and a SB with that type of offense. Even Alex Smith was running some of that before Kaepernick got to SF.

They drafted first and third round WRs and got a couple of RBs through draft and FA.

So they will run it and run it again. And Jackson can sling it.

So that Team is no joke. Neither is their QB.

6 TDs and 3 INTs for only 1,200 yards in 16 games. By "slinging" it... you mean that he completes less than 7 passes per game for about 75 yards. 

I feel that their QB is the joke, honestly. There is enough tape on them, and they will burn around a QB that everyone thought was a WR.... And he produced the stats to prove it.

RE: McCoy to bengals? - Socal Bengals fan - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 03:28 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: 6 TDs and 3 INTs for only 1,200 yards in 16 games. By "slinging" it... you mean that he completes less than 7 passes per game for about 75 yards. 

I feel that their QB is the joke, honestly. There is enough tape on them, and they will burn around a QB that everyone thought was a WR.... And he produced the stats to prove it.

We can hate all we want but he did beat us once n lead his team to the playoffs. Most qb definitely improve from their first year. We shall see about him n Mayfield

RE: McCoy to bengals? - Joelist - 05-28-2019

Actually they got there in spite of him not because of him, and the Chargers dispatched them easily and he looked like a goober out there.

(05-28-2019, 03:39 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: We can hate all we want but he did beat us once n lead his team to the playoffs.  Most qb definitely improve from their first year.   We shall see about him n Mayfield

Overall... maybe. But the "sophomore slump" phenomenon exists because it happens to a lot of players.

His passing stats for a starting QB can't get more pathetic, so... let's wait and see. They aren't fooling anyone with the passing game this year, that is for sure. Maybe their PA game... but I do not see much out of Baltimore besides a 3-down running attack and an average defense. (They lost 4 big starters on defense from last year)

RE: McCoy to bengals? - XsandOs - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 03:28 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: 6 TDs and 3 INTs for only 1,200 yards in 16 games. By "slinging" it... you mean that he completes less than 7 passes per game for about 75 yards. 

Time will tell.

RE: McCoy to bengals? - ochocincos - 05-28-2019

This is just flat out wrong. It was in 7 games. Projected over 16 would be:
2750 yards, 14 TDs, 7 INT. 
That's not a lot, but you also have to add in rushing production (556 yards and 4 TDs in the games he started at QB = 1250 yards and 9 TDs over a whole season). 
Total would be ~4000 total yards, 23 TDs, 7 INT.
If he can maintain that level of passing and rushing combined, that's a decent starting QB. Similar to Kaepernick in his best years in SF or RG3's first couple years in DC.

RE: McCoy to bengals? - Nately120 - 05-28-2019

If the Ravens run the ball a bunch and play defense they would be that team every one wants their team to be, for some reason.

RE: McCoy to bengals? - XenoMorph - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If he can maintain that level of passing and rushing combined, that's a decent starting QB. Similar to Kaepernick in his best years in SF.

So Lamar has maybe 1 more year of of being productive if we basing it off kaepernick

(05-28-2019, 04:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So Lamar has maybe 1 more year of of being productive if we basing it off kaepernick

Could. We'll see.

RE: McCoy to bengals? - Shake n Blake - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is just flat out wrong. It was in 7 games. Projected over 16 would be:
That's not a lot, but you also have to add in rushing production (556 yards and 4 TDs in the games he started at QB = 1250 yards and 9 TDs over a whole season). 
If he can maintain that level of passing and rushing combined, that's a decent starting QB. Similar to Kaepernick in his best years in SF or RG3's first couple years in DC.

I have to disagree with ya this time. Those passing stats are pretty awful, and they reflect what he showed on the field. Harbaugh was hiding Jackson's limitations as a passer. Not only with a run first-second-third offense, but with the types of throws Jackson was asked to make. It's always possible Jackson takes a giant leap forward, but from what he showed last year, I'd say there a big chance he gets exposed this year.

He kinda was already exposed in the playoff game. The rushing Jackson was doing last year also isn't likely to continue, as he averaged a whopping 17 carries per game in his 7 starts. For comparison, Joe Mixon averaged 16.9 carries in his 14 games last year. 

If that continues, Jackson's career will be shorter than RG3's.

(05-28-2019, 05:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have to disagree with ya this time. Those passing stats are pretty awful, and they reflect what he showed on the field. Harbaugh was hiding Jackson's limitations as a passer. Not only with a run first-second-third offense, but with the types of throws Jackson was asked to make. It's always possible Jackson takes a giant leap forward, but from what he showed last year, I'd say there a big chance he gets exposed this year.

He kinda was already exposed in the playoff game. The rushing Jackson was doing last year also isn't likely to continue, as he averaged a whopping 17 carries per game in his 7 starts. For comparison, Joe Mixon averaged 16.9 carries in his 14 games last year. 

Disagree about what? Him getting 4000 yards combined making him a decent QB? If so, we'll just have to continue disagreeing.
I'm with you though that it's going to be difficult to run that much and he'll need to improve as a passer if he's going to stay on the field.
I'm just saying that if he can pull off 4000 combined yards, 25+ combined TDs, and 10 or less turnovers, that's a pretty solid stat line.

RE: McCoy to bengals? - SunsetBengal - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 05:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have to disagree with ya this time. Those passing stats are pretty awful, and they reflect what he showed on the field. Harbaugh was hiding Jackson's limitations as a passer. Not only with a run first-second-third offense, but with the types of throws Jackson was asked to make. It's always possible Jackson takes a giant leap forward, but from what he showed last year, I'd say there a big chance he gets exposed this year.

I agree with that.  It's just a simple fact that rush-first QBs just don't have long and productive careers in the NFL.  I also totally get the support for him on here, many were fans of his while watching him play for L'ville.  Heck, I'd even venture to guess that 15% or more of the regulars on here are the ones that go apeshit clamoring for Teddy Bridgewater, any time there's a hint that he'll hit the market.  Anyway, getting back to Lamar Jackson, If he comes out running 15-20 times/game, like he did last year?  I give him 6 games, before he ends up with a serious injury.

RE: McCoy to bengals? - XenoMorph - 05-28-2019

hes the perfect Wildcat QB.... But generally the top skill for a QB to have a long career is throwing the ball from the pocket

RE: McCoy to bengals? - NKURyan - 05-28-2019

Update on Gerald McCoy in Baltimore

I think it's from earlier this morning, but a couple of things:
1) Ravens and McCoy were meeting later today, late afternoon/early evening.
2) Browns still believe they are in the mix.
3) McCoy seems willing to take his time.
4) Bengals are described as "still lurking in the background".
5) Bengals have not yet set anything up with McCoy, BUT the Ravens didn't set anything up with him until he was done in Cleveland.

(05-28-2019, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is just flat out wrong. It was in 7 games. Projected over 16 would be:

He "started" 7 games. But he played in all but 4. So his projection is not just a linear growth assumption.  For example he passed 4 times in week 1 but didn't start... And he started week 17 and passed 16 times... So he didn't start but threw 25% of a game's worth of pass numbers. He also had a TD week 7 and 8 but didn't start, which further inflate your numbers.

I was going off his actual 2018 season numbers. 

RE: McCoy to bengals? - Luvnit2 - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 06:20 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Update on Gerald McCoy in Baltimore

I think it's from earlier this morning, but a couple of things:
1) Ravens and McCoy were meeting later today, late afternoon/early evening.
2) Browns still believe they are in the mix.
3) McCoy seems willing to take his time.
4) Bengals are described as "still lurking in the background".
5) Bengals have not yet set anything up with McCoy, BUT the Ravens didn't set anything up with him until he was done in Cleveland.

I just don't see us seriously considering McCoy or vice versa when Browns and Colts are loaded with cap money and a team like the Ravens seem to pully cap money from nowhere when they need it.

I like McCoy and he would be an interesting player to add, but not sure it would shore up our defense.

RE: McCoy to bengals? - bonesaw - 05-28-2019

we sound so creepy...lurking in the background

RE: McCoy to bengals? - Bilbo Saggins - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 07:01 PM)bonesaw Wrote: we sound so creepy...lurking in the background

I hear a lot of these big, burly NFL guys are secretly into that sort of thing  Ninja

...someone get on Twitter and ask McCoy if he likes the idea of being "pounced on."

RE: McCoy to bengals? - XsandOs - 05-28-2019

(05-28-2019, 06:33 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: He "started" 7 games. But he played in all but 4. So his projection is not just a linear growth assumption.  For example he passed 4 times in week 1 but didn't start... And he started week 17 and passed 16 times... So he didn't start but threw 25% of a game's worth of pass numbers. He also had a TD week 7 and 8 but didn't start, which further inflate your numbers.

I was going off his actual 2018 season numbers. 

RAVENS 2018 WIDE RECEIVERS:
Michael Crabtree, John Brown, Willie Snead, Chris Moore, Jordan Lasley, Janarion Grant.

A QB is as good as his supporting cast.

It's because of Jackson that they made the playoffs.

They drafted a first and third round receiver this year.

Let's see how he does when he gets weapons to work with.

RE: McCoy to bengals? - NKURyan - 05-28-2019

No news from McCoy is good news?

I don't expect him to actually sign here or anything, but I'd still like to see him take a visit.