Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
Bengals have interest in signing McCoy per Diana russini or however u spell it. That would make this a top 5 dline without a question and a speller for geno who I’m still adamant played half the season with an injury. Sorry admins wasn’t sure if this went in free agency or not.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 07:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Bengals have interest in signing McCoy per Diana russini or however u spell it. That would make this a top 5 dline without a question and a speller for geno who I’m still adamant played half the season with an injury. Sorry admins wasn’t sure if this went in free agency or not.

Kind of surprising as McCoy is more of a 3-tech like Geno.

Wouldn't be against this as long as we can still extend Boyd and AJ, McCoy could be spendy and i heard he wanted to go to a contender. We are under the radar as we finished last in the Division last year and pretty much have a new coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
I wish it happens. Him n Atkins. Beastly.
Reply/Quote
Cap casualty, owed $13 million this year. This would be his 10th season. IDK. Colts also have interest. I think he fits ZT's character mold. Could be a good pick up for a couple of years.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kind of surprising as McCoy is more of a 3-tech like Geno.

Wouldn't be against this as long as we can still extend Boyd and AJ, McCoy could be spendy and i heard he wanted to go to a contender. We are under the radar as we finished last in the Division last year and pretty much have a new coaching staff.

I guess it would be similar to Suh playing next to Donald last season.

McCoy said he wants to go to a contender, so that should knock us out of the bidding.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 07:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I guess it would be similar to Suh play next to Donald last season.

McCoy said he wants to go to a contender, so that should knock us out of the bidding.

Yeah, saw where the Stains were interested....he'll probably wind up there, because, why not?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'd be shocked if they actually pull this off but it's exciting to see that they're exploring it. It looks like Mixon's advocating on Twitter looks to be getting through to some people up top.

Adding McCoy would give the defense another toy and what better way to help out a suspect LB corps than a dominant pass rush? DT is already a crowded position but you worry about that later on.

It'd certainly be interesting if McCoy were to choose the "unproven" Zac Taylor culture over the new darling of the NFL media or another contender. That's why I'm not getting my hopes up but I'll happily admit I was wrong if he does choose us.
Reply/Quote
Would be a huge get but I actually like our DT situation right now with Billings, Ringo, Atkins, and Glasgow.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I guess they couldn't convince McCoy to take a paycut and extend him for several years.

So they signed Suh..... for 3 mil less....

They really effed this whole thing up, they drafted 3 DB's instead of finding a potential McCoy replacement.
Reply/Quote
McCoy should make them hustle...DO IT...........DO IT.........
https://youtu.be/qeUfDTn5huM
Reply/Quote
If the Browns get him, we're in trouble. It would be nice if he lands here, but thanks to MB, we can't have nice things here.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
What are they going to do with McCoy, run the old Double Eagle? In order to do that, you have to have a pair of awesome interior LBs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I really don't see the need for McCoy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Never been a big fan of McCoy, he has an attitude problem.

It would be an interesting add, but why not spend the money (earlier in free agency) in a place of need? Guess the talent isn't out there.
Reply/Quote
Duffner is familiar with him. That may be the key if this signing was to happen.

But too many other suiters. I doubt they get into a bidding war.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We're really going to thumb our noses at a 6x Pro Bowler with 6 sacks last year, who was rated highly by PFF?

This is the same boards that hypes guys like Cody Core every year?  Mellow

As for what we'd do with McCoy, I imagine the Rams hated having that problem with Donald and Suh.. all the way to the Super Bowl. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 09:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Duffner is familiar with him. That may be the key if this signing was to happen.

But too many other suiters. I doubt they get into a bidding war.

Yeah he's still a good player, but it's tough to see the Bengals landing a fish like that. Even at his age (31).

Just hope that McCoy really loves him some Duffner.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not holding my breath, but would be pretty cool.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 09:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We're really going to thumb our noses at a 6x Pro Bowler with 6 sacks last year, who was rated highly by PFF?

As for what we'd do with McCoy, I imagine the Rams hated having that problem with Donald and Suh.. all the way to the Super Bowl. 

Webb and Miller = Upgrades
McCoy = No need

It's funny. Bizarro world. Conditioned to not want good free agents.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 09:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We're really going to thumb our noses at a 6x Pro Bowler with 6 sacks last year, who was rated highly by PFF?

I think we are mostly preemptively calling "sour grapes" on this one so we can say he's not going to help the Browns when they land him and we don't.  And I also bet those golden tickets make the chocolate taste terrible.
Reply/Quote