Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
(05-22-2019, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kind of surprising as McCoy is more of a 3-tech like Geno.

Wouldn't be against this as long as we can still extend Boyd and AJ, McCoy could be spendy and i heard he wanted to go to a contender. We are under the radar as we finished last in the Division last year and pretty much have a new coaching staff.

Not that surprising. Team was in nickel 50% of time last year, so the need for another interior pass rusher is definitely there.
I was clamoring for it from a draft perspective, but filling it afterward with a legit FA would also work.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
With a duo like Geno and McCoy, a good DC should have the mentality that they're going to make that combo work. Reps at end, reps at nose, 3 down looks, 5 down looks...having two great 3 techs would certainly not be a bad thing. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 02:39 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: With a duo like Geno and McCoy, a good DC should have the mentality that they're going to make that combo work. Reps at end, reps at nose, 3 down looks, 5 down looks...having two great 3 techs would certainly not be a bad thing. 

Yep. Having McCoy would give Atkins more of a break too. 
The thought of Dunlap, Atkins, McCoy, and Lawson is appealing.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This probably deserves its own thread, but it certainly fits here.

Next Gen Stats used by NFL.com are based on information from sensors that every NFL player has on his body. For example, they define a pass rusher as "defeating" his blocker when he is closer to the QB than the blocker. They have tons of information to analyze. One thing they found was that many times the player who got a sack was not the first one to beat his blocker and pressure the QB Lots of good penetrating DTs don't record sacks, but they actually "create" them by pressuring the QB into the tackle of another player.

Even if McCoy does not rack up big sack numbers he will increase the number of sacks we get as a team.
Reply/Quote
I don't think anyone should be getting all a-flutter over this, because we all know it won't happen.

Be nice if it did, though.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Seams like the Browns are front runners for him. Interesting because they have both Richardson and Larry OG.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Ya know, Mike might not be too keen on the Browns landing this guy.

Just a thought.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 07:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Bengals have interest in signing McCoy per Diana russini 

(05-23-2019, 04:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don't think anyone should be getting all a-flutter over this, because we all know it won't happen.

Russini = great rack, weak sources

[Image: commenator-dianna-russini-attends-body-a...?s=612x612]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 05:24 PM)SladeX Wrote: Ya know, Mike might not be too keen on the Browns landing this guy.

Just a thought.

He also saw them trade for OBJ and Oliver Vernon and responded with agreeing to sign Bobby Hart and Preston Brown for $21 million each.

All negativity aside for a minute, anyone would want Geno and McCoy next other in a league that's nickel-heavy now. Maybe Mike loves the idea and does everything possible to secure him.
Reply/Quote
We are on a short list from McCoy's perspective with the Browns and Ravens: https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/23/report-ravens-on-short-list-for-free-agent-dt-gerald-mccoy/amp/

Also, multiple reports of him visiting with the Browns tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
We'll talk about how great McCoy would be on the Bengals, then IF he signs with the Browns or Patriots...we'll talk about how he's 31, washed up, and would cost us signing Green and Boyd.
Reply/Quote
We brought Danny Shelton in for a visit this year.

So they are serious about upgrading the DT position.

This would be one of the biggest move the Bengals have made since they traded for Shaun Rogers.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 10:15 PM)NKURyan Wrote: There's like 2-3 posts in this thread that are the slightest bit negative about the potential signing, but sure, let's pretend it's everybody so we can act like we're better than everyone else. FUN!

Do you ever see the irony in your posts like this?
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We brought Danny Shelton in for a visit this year.

This would be one of the biggest move the Bengals have made since they traded for Shaun Rogers.

I wonder if having 2 Pro Bowl DT's in McCoy and Atkins could make up for poor LB?

It should generate a lot of push up the middle and you couldn't double team them both. So that should free Dunlap, Lawson, and Hubbard up to get sacks too as the QB would be flushed outside.

Maybe the QB would have less time to throw too.

I seriously am skeptical that we can land him, but I'd love to. Heck I started a thread on it as soon as he was rumored to be waived.
Reply/Quote
Well, that’s that. Visiting the Browns first.

He won’t leave without a deal. They’re in win-now mode and we’re in Win Cincinnati mode (sorta win occasionally but mostly lose, generally in excruciating fashion, over long periods of time).
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 06:31 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Well, that’s that. Visiting the Browns first.

He won’t leave without a deal. They’re in win-now mode and we’re in Win Cincinnati mode (sorta win occasionally but mostly lose, generally in excruciating fashion, over long periods of time).

Honestly, it's an extreme long-shot that we'd land McCoy, but I can atleast appreciate that they showed some interest I suppose.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We brought Danny Shelton in for a visit this year.

Agreed. Honestly I think McCoy would be a bigger get than Rogers would've been.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 06:31 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Well, that’s that. Visiting the Browns first.

I really hope the Browns don’t make the playoffs. Nothing worse than a Cleveland sports fan when their teams win something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
A couple of things
1.) If McCoy signs here it's a huge move for us and puts us in title contention
2.) If McCoy signs in Cleveland it puts them as the favorites in the division and NFL.
3.)if we don't sign him it doesn't mean we're doomed we still have Geno, Dunlap, and Lawson. I would also say that Ringo, Billings, and Hubbard are all really good to.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 07:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: A couple of things
1.) If McCoy signs here it's a hug move for us and puts us in title contention
2.) If McCoy signs in Cleveland it puts them as the favorites in the division and NFL.
3.)if we don't sign him it doesn't mean we're doomed we still have Geno, Dunlap, and Lawson. I would also say that Ringo, Billings, and Hubbard are all really good to.

It's a "hug move"?  You mean like Mike Brown extending some love to the fans, like each of us receiving a hug from Mike, himself??   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote