Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
(05-24-2019, 08:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals out of the running...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/24/report-gerald-mccoy-drawing-interest-from-10-teams-offers-reaching-11-million-a-year/

Or so we should probably assume.

the 11 mil might be coming from some team without much of a shot who knows.  I'm sure it will be settled next week though
Reply/Quote
Interesting that all these teams are interested and offers are reaching 11m.

Why didn't they just go after Suh all these months?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 08:56 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: This is the best post, in my opinion, that you've submitted.  :andy:

Actually Russini was correct.  We do have interest.  She never said we were going to sign him.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 06:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wonder if having 2 Pro Bowl DT's in McCoy and Atkins could make up for poor LB?

I don't think it will help much with the LB problem, but our DEs would feast.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think it will help much with the LB problem, but our DEs would feast.

Yeah, but why fix one thing if something else is broken?  
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 10:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, but why fix one thing if something else is broken?  

Other than Geno I was not impressed with our DTs.

Why ignore one problem just because you can't fix them all?
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Other than Geno I was not impressed with our DTs.

Why ignore one problem just because you can't fix them all?

Ugh, you sound just like my 2nd wife did before she left me.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 10:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, but why fix one thing if something else is broken?  

If fixing one problem helps mask deficiencies at another, where great options to fix don't exist, sometimes it's the best you can do. 
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 11:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: If fixing one problem helps mask deficiencies at another, where great options to fix don't exist, sometimes it's the best you can do. 

I know, I'm being facetious.  I think the worst nearsightedness I ever saw in fans was when I was living in Chicago and they got Brandon Marshall and actually had a real #1 WR for the first time in like 20 years and people were like "MEH, if he's not on the o-line what's the point?"

Anyways, LB was our biggest weakness and instead of getting one with our top pick the Steelers took him.  We are still pumped we went o-line and TE and blah blah after that, so why not shoot for McCoy?  Or is there a great LB free agent out there that is an either-or sort of prospect with McCoy?  It's a moot point, though.

....it always is!
Reply/Quote
You have to target the guys that are available. IF you can get McCoy, yo do it.

That said, with 10 teams interested...it's unlikely he comes here.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 11:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You have to target the guys that are available. IF you can get McCoy, yo do it.

That said, with 10 teams interested...it's unlikely he comes here.

100% agree. I think he fits ZTs character profile, and he's still got some gas in the tank. Bring him in, let Mike Brown fall in love with him so he'll open up that damn wallet. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Any Wendy's employees in the forum? If you see Gerald McCoy come to lunch with Bengals Management, please post on the forum so we know he's in town.

It could be the drive thru too though so be vigilant!
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 12:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Any Wendy's employees in the forum? If you see Gerald McCoy come to lunch with Bengals Management, please post on the forum so we know he's in town.

It could be the drive thru too though so be vigilant!

Wendy's doesn't even have a dollar menu anymore, so I could see that place falling out of favor with Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 12:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wendy's doesn't even have a dollar menu anymore, so I could see that place falling out of favor with Mike Brown.

You’re assuming Mike would pay for McCoy’s meal...

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not that surprising. Team was in nickel 50% of time last year, so the need for another interior pass rusher is definitely there.
I was clamoring for it from a draft perspective, but filling it afterward with a legit FA would also work.

True, in this passing league you need all the pass rushers you can get.

Really wanting to get McCoy in stripes. Will pizz me off if he signs with queefland.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 01:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re assuming Mike would pay for McCoy’s meal...

I think he's just refuse to patronize an establishment that gouges the consumer, so!
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 09:54 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Don't the Bengals need to spend on an LB more than hiring McCoy for a season?

Do you see a FA LB that could help as much as McCoy can for a season?

I'd peg him to 3 yrs/30 mil with a nice signing bonus that would make it better than the 1 year deals he's getting and most likely he'd rather have a multi year deal vs 1 yr.

You peeps worried about signing boyd, the cap will go up again next year right? also once Glenn is off the books, that's $9 mil for boyd signing. If some of our Rookies develp, then next year we can also chop Hart and Preston and get RT in draft. We have plenty of options to come up with the money for retaining Boyd and Green.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 10:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm assuming the Ravens are his first choice of where he'd like to go, which would make sense as division champs.  Due to their cap situation, they probably won't be the highest bidder, though.  The Browns can pay him the most, though, although the Bengals could match any realistic offer they make without an issue.  I get the feeling that if the money is the same, he'd prefer to play here over Cleveland due to his connection with Duffner and Garrett shooting his mouth off and saying the Browns don't need him.  The article also made mention that he thinks the Bengals will be much improved this year.  His decision to visit Cleveland first feels like he's getting his top dollar offer first, then he'll see what the others will do for him based on that.

This sure would be a statement signing just like our first two picks of the Draft...
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 01:12 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Do you see a FA LB that could help as much as McCoy can for a season?

I'd peg him to 3 yrs/30 mil with a nice signing bonus that would make it better than the 1 year deals he's getting and most likely he'd rather have a multi year deal vs 1 yr.

You peeps worried about signing boyd, the cap will go up again next year right? also once Glenn is off the books, that's $9 mil for boyd signing. If some of our Rookies develp, then next year we can also chop Hart and Preston and get RT in draft. We have plenty of options to come up with the money for retaining Boyd and Green.

He's getting offered $11 million a year already supposedly.

We could do McCoy/Green/AND Boyd.

Green already makes like $15 million a year.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 10:12 AM)jj22 Wrote: Interesting that all these teams are interested and offers are reaching 11m.

Why didn't they just go after Suh all these months?

Because Suh supposedly had a very specific list of teams he'd play for. I heard he wanted a California team, but it also makes sense that he'd go back to Florida, having spent several years in Miami.

(05-24-2019, 01:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's getting offered $11 million a year already supposedly.

We could do McCoy/Green/AND Boyd.

Green already makes like $15 million a year.

Supposedly. If that offer was from a team he was interested in, I'd think he'd already be signing though. So it's possible he signs elsewhere for less. But yeah we could pull off all 3. Green won't be getting much of a raise. Probably $3-4 million more on average. Plus the cap goes up every year and we're currently $20 million under IIRC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote