Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
(05-23-2019, 08:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's a "hug move"?  You mean like Mike Brown extending some love to the fans, like each of us receiving a hug from Mike, himself??   Ninja

Yes
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 05:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Russini = great rack, weak sources

[Image: commenator-dianna-russini-attends-body-a...?s=612x612]

This is the best post, in my opinion, that you've submitted.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 08:56 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: This is the best post, in my opinion, that you've submitted.  
Yeah, but you can't KNOW what's going on in the lockeroom under there, though. For all we know Marvin's holding players accountable there's a bunch of chest hair, Vontaze and Adam Jones are leading a prayer circle some extra nipples, or Austin was really doing a great job coaching the defense there's an extra face in there. We don't know what Marvin does behind closed doors You can't assume what they look like based on what we only see as fans.

Ok, enough channeling Fred.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/05/gerald-mccoy-has-browns-and-ravens-on-his-short-list-and-bengals-interested-likely-to-visit-cleveland-soon.html

Interesting article from Mary Kay Cabot up in Cleveland. The Browns are apparently not the current front runner. They do have the most cap room remaining of the main four suitors, at over $30 mil. The Bengals are 2nd with $22 mil, then Baltimore with $14.5 mil and Carolina with $9.8 mil. The Ravens have their 1st round pick and two 3rd's still unsigned and the Panthers haven't signed their 1st or 2nd round picks, so both of those teams have significantly less actual room to work with. Using Suh's $9.25 mil deal as a base, the Bengals and Browns can probably land McCoy easily, while the Ravens and Panthers would have to make some moves to clear cap space.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 09:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/05/gerald-mccoy-has-browns-and-ravens-on-his-short-list-and-bengals-interested-likely-to-visit-cleveland-soon.html

Interesting article from Mary Kay Cabot up in Cleveland.  The Browns are apparently not the current front runner.  They do have the most cap room remaining of the main four suitors, at over $30 mil.  The Bengals are 2nd with $22 mil, then Baltimore with $14.5 mil and Carolina with $9.8 mil.  The Ravens have their 1st round pick and two 3rd's still unsigned and the Panthers haven't signed their 1st or 2nd round picks, so both of those teams have significantly less actual room to work with.  Using Suh's $9.25 mil deal as a base, the Bengals and Browns can probably land McCoy easily, while the Ravens and Panthers would have to make some moves to clear cap space.

A team like the Patriots or Saints with little cap room could come in and sign him too. It happens. The create room.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 09:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/05/gerald-mccoy-has-browns-and-ravens-on-his-short-list-and-bengals-interested-likely-to-visit-cleveland-soon.html

Interesting article from Mary Kay Cabot up in Cleveland.  The Browns are apparently not the current front runner.  They do have the most cap room remaining of the main four suitors, at over $30 mil.  The Bengals are 2nd with $22 mil, then Baltimore with $14.5 mil and Carolina with $9.8 mil.  The Ravens have their 1st round pick and two 3rd's still unsigned and the Panthers haven't signed their 1st or 2nd round picks, so both of those teams have significantly less actual room to work with.  Using Suh's $9.25 mil deal as a base, the Bengals and Browns can probably land McCoy easily, while the Ravens and Panthers would have to make some moves to clear cap space.

Has he been connected to the Patriots still?  I can see him looking at the Colts/Pats for competitive reasons and then looking to play the Browns/Ravens/Bengals against each other for the money angle.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 10:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we are mostly preemptively calling "sour grapes" on this one so we can say he's not going to help the Browns when they land him and we don't.  And I also bet those golden tickets make the chocolate taste terrible.

These situations are funny....how many times have they actually  pulled something like this off?  ZERO times in my mind.
Does anybody remember that Warren Sapp debacle yrs ago? I dont really think they need McCoy buy it would be cool to land a coveted guy....and just read hes visiting Browns so there it is. If Browns dont win 12 this yr and get to the Superbowl  they have failed 
Reply/Quote
IF the Browns aren't the front runner...then WHO is? Is it us?

I mean the other teams don't have enough cap space to sign him without moves.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 10:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Has he been connected to the Patriots still?  I can see him looking at the Colts/Pats for competitive reasons and then looking to play the Browns/Ravens/Bengals against each other for the money angle.

The Pats aren't currently in the mix, per the report.  Interest cooled.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 10:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A team like the Patriots or Saints with little cap room could come in and sign him too. It happens. The create room.

It happens all the time. That’s why those teams are always competitive. He would be the biggest Bengals signing ever !! Make it happen. If I were him I’d pick the Browns over us. They are the upcoming team with plenty of stars.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 10:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Pats aren't currently in the mix, per the report.  Interest cooled.

Perhaps they are just playing it cool.  They always have the ol' "we are the Patriots" ace up their sleeves.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 10:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF the Browns aren't the front runner...then WHO is? Is it us?

I'm assuming the Ravens are his first choice of where he'd like to go, which would make sense as division champs.  Due to their cap situation, they probably won't be the highest bidder, though.  The Browns can pay him the most, though, although the Bengals could match any realistic offer they make without an issue.  I get the feeling that if the money is the same, he'd prefer to play here over Cleveland due to his connection with Duffner and Garrett shooting his mouth off and saying the Browns don't need him.  The article also made mention that he thinks the Bengals will be much improved this year.  His decision to visit Cleveland first feels like he's getting his top dollar offer first, then he'll see what the others will do for him based on that.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 10:35 PM)kalibengal Wrote: These situations are funny....how many times have they actually  pulled something like this off?  ZERO times in my mind.
Does anybody remember that Warren Sapp debacle yrs ago? I dont really think they need McCoy buy it would be cool to land a coveted guy....and just read hes visiting Browns so there it is. If Browns dont win 12 this yr and get to the Superbowl  they have failed 

Well, we could use McCoy so if the Browns get him that could be a bit of a double whammy.  We already had to spin on a dime and go from "we will take Devin Bush and he will be awesome" to "the Steelers can have Bush, we got a better pick for our o-line" so who knows how much sour graping we can do.

And again, I'm not convinced the Browns will be awesome this year but for all Bengals fans say we should build through the draft, be more active in free agency, and hire a real GM you think we'd have a bit more faith in their process.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 10:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF the Browns aren't the front runner...then WHO is? Is it us?

I am surprised it's not the Colts 57 Mill in cap space
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 10:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF the Browns aren't the front runner...then WHO is? Is it us?

According to Rick Stroud, Tampa Bay reporter, McCoy had drawn interest from 10 teams and has received offers up to $11 million.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 08:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ringo is 27, I am okay bringing in a pro bowler to replace a 27 year old journeyman. I am in the school of thought that while it's not a need it does allow for "waves". Realistically you can just keep running fresh bodies out and sending pressure which has been used before (Giants) to win. No one can really name a LB from those Giant's SB teams and thats because they were average and not asked to do a whole lot. 

This makes a lot of sense, and I think he would be an immediate upgrade playing the NT position over Billings and Ringo, but I wonder how much money makes sense for a rotational player at DT vs. signing an every down player like Boyd.  Now, they have other options at slot WR (Erickson and perhaps the new kid, Stanley Morgan, but at such a critical piece of the offensive puzzle I think I would rather have Boyd than McCoy.

Plus, we further delay any development of Wren.  

I am not saying absolutely no...I really like imagining Piggy getting blindsided by a charging Lawson, Willis, or Dunlap while backpedaling away from pressure in his face, but I think they would be better served going with Billings, Wren, and Glasgow.  They invested in those guys who, at least Billings and Glasgow, should be starting to reach their potential.  If they lost Boyd AND didn't sign McCoy, then I would be pissed off.

I think the offense, under a creative mind, will soar with the likes of veterans Green, Boyd, Eifert, and Mixon as well as getting more out of Ross, Gio, and maybe even Tate.  Combine all that with the new additions of Sample, the young RBs, a revamped OLine and you might have one of the biggest surprises in the NFL.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals out of the running...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/24/report-gerald-mccoy-drawing-interest-from-10-teams-offers-reaching-11-million-a-year/

Or so we should probably assume.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 05:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Russini = great rack, weak sources

[Image: commenator-dianna-russini-attends-body-a...?s=612x612]

Great pic but not really,

She's nailed all the Benglas news this offseason. She's been spot on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 08:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals out of the running...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/24/report-gerald-mccoy-drawing-interest-from-10-teams-offers-reaching-11-million-a-year/

Or so we should probably assume.

Yea i would say that about wraps up this dream.
Reply/Quote
Don't the Bengals need to spend on an LB more than hiring McCoy for a season?
Reply/Quote