Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
(05-22-2019, 10:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Webb and Miller = Upgrades
McCoy = No need

It's funny. Bizarro world. Conditioned to not want good free agents.

There's like 2-3 posts in this thread that are the slightest bit negative about the potential signing, but sure, let's pretend it's everybody so we can act like we're better than everyone else. FUN!
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 09:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah he's still a good player, but it's tough to see the Bengals landing a fish like that. Even at his age (31).

Just hope that McCoy really loves him some Duffner.

I was thinking that Nick Eason might make a difference for us, too. I hear the players like him because of how hard he pushes them. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m calling it right now....

He’s going to “Sapp” us!
Reply/Quote
I would rather see a free agent LB signed
Reply/Quote
you need to sign a McCoy with the depth of talent at QB
in the AFC North.
Mayfield
Rothlisberger
Jackson.
Its imperative you get heat up the middle on these guys.
if Geno gets hurt for any length of time,then who can
you depend on to rush from the DT spot?
you cant have enough interior linemen that can
disrupt the pocket and timing of a offense
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 07:51 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I'd be shocked if they actually pull this off but it's exciting to see that they're exploring it. It looks like Mixon's advocating on Twitter looks to be getting through to some people

I feel that Mixon should stay out of being used as a mouthpiece by McCoy and his agent.

If McCoy was a few years younger, 40 LBs lighter and could cover a RB on a wheel route and a TE on a seam, then it would make sense.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 09:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We're really going to thumb our noses at a 6x Pro Bowler with 6 sacks last year, who was rated highly by PFF?

This is the same boards that hypes guys like Cody Core every year?  Mellow

As for what we'd do with McCoy, I imagine the Rams hated having that problem with Donald and Suh.. all the way to the Super Bowl. 

Come on Shake. Really? Suh was switched to Zero in LA. Donald was the three.

Geno is the 3 tech guy here. McCoy will anchor? In AFC North?

It's like signing Julio Jones when AJ is already here.
Reply/Quote
I’ll take a pro bowler any day of the week.
Reply/Quote
I'd be thrilled to land him, but I don't see it happening.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 12:46 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Come on Shake. Really? Suh was switched to Zero in LA. Donald was the three.

Geno is the 3 tech guy here. McCoy will anchor? In AFC North?

It's like signing Julio Jones when AJ is already here.

Yea I hear ya, having two elite WRs in your offense would be horrible.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 01:58 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea I hear ya, having two elite WRs in your offense would be horrible.

Alright, I'll give you that. The WR analogy may not accurately reflect having two 3 tech DTs.

But the reality is that you can't start both. Maybe on 3rd/passing downs.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 01:04 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd be thrilled to land him, but I don't see it happening.

Same here.

Hell go to the pats, win a sb for league minimum and get cut the next season after posting 10 sacks in the postseason alone. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 02:24 AM)Benton Wrote: Same here.

Hell go to the pats, win a sb for league minimum and get cut the next season after posting 10 sacks in the postseason alone. 

...then get signed for big money by the Bucs or Redskins, and get 0.5 sacks all season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 08:06 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Would be a huge get but I actually like our DT situation right now with Billings, Ringo,  Atkins, and Glasgow.

Yep, and signing an aging McCoy means one of those young up and comers has to be cut, which would probably be Ringo.
Reply/Quote
NFL radio this morning has him likely going to Cleveland. Evidently they have zero depth on their D line after their starters....
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 08:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, and signing an aging McCoy means one of those young up and comers has to be cut, which would probably be Ringo.

Ringo is 27, I am okay bringing in a pro bowler to replace a 27 year old journeyman. I am in the school of thought that while it's not a need it does allow for "waves". Realistically you can just keep running fresh bodies out and sending pressure which has been used before (Giants) to win. No one can really name a LB from those Giant's SB teams and thats because they were average and not asked to do a whole lot. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 08:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: NFL radio this morning has him likely going to Cleveland. Evidently they have zero depth on their D line after their starters....

I would handicap it Cleveland/Indy/ Everyone else. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 08:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ringo is 27, I am okay bringing in a pro bowler to replace a 27 year old journeyman. I am in the school of thought that while it's not a need it does allow for "waves". Realistically you can just keep running fresh bodies out and sending pressure which has been used before (Giants) to win. No one can really name a LB from those Giant's SB teams and thats because they were average and not asked to do a whole lot. 

I did not realize Ringo was that old. He is definitely the 1st cut then....
Reply/Quote
We have seen this before.

McCoy may talk to the Bengals, but it will be as a move to use the Bengals’ offer as leverage to push up the offer from the team he really does want to sign with.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 07:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Bengals have interest in signing McCoy per Diana russini or however u spell it.  That would make this a top 5 dline without a question and a speller for geno who I’m still adamant played half the season with an injury.  Sorry admins wasn’t sure if this went in free agency or not.

I like that we are interested...  with the Pats also interested it will be interested to see if hes after that ring or $$$
Reply/Quote