Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out (/Thread-Draft-Picks-that-had-potential-that-never-panned-out)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - THE PISTONS - 05-29-2019

Ok. All this draft stuff and historical stuff has me thinking about guys that had a ton of promise that never panned out. I'm sure we could name a bunch.

Dennis Weathersby in the Palmer Draft. Was a projected 1st Round pick. He got shot and fell in the draft to the 4th Round. I don't think he ever played for us.

Charles Fisher - 2nd Round CB from WVU in the 1999 draft. If I remember correctly, he blew out his knee in his 1st game of his career against the Titans. I remember he fell down and couldn't get back up. I don't recall him ever playing for us again.

I could name a bunch but I'll start with those 2 to give you all chances. It's a long summer.

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - NKURyan - 05-29-2019

Kijana Carter?

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - bfine32 - 05-29-2019

Kenny Irons

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - BengalChris - 05-29-2019

(05-29-2019, 07:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ok. All this draft stuff and historical stuff has me thinking about guys that had a ton of promise that never panned out. I'm sure we could name a bunch.

Dennis Weathersby in the Palmer Draft. Was a projected 1st Round pick. He got shot and fell in the draft to the 4th Round. I don't think he ever played for us.

Charles Fisher - 2nd Round CB from WVU in the 1999 draft. If I remember correctly, he blew out his knee in his 1st game of his career against the Titans. I remember he fell down and couldn't get back up. I don't recall him ever playing for us again.

I could name a bunch but I'll start with those 2 to give you all chances. It's a long summer.

Fisher tore all three ligaments in the same knee. He never played a down again, for us or anyone.

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - BengalChris - 05-29-2019

Ickey Woods - while he had a great rookie season, he injured his knee and pretty much it was over.

Greg Cook would probably be at the top of the list though.

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - impactplaya - 05-29-2019

Chris Henry.
talk about a big play WR.
and was a nightmare for the Steelers secondary.

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - Shake n Blake - 05-30-2019

All those 6th and 7th round WR's that were supposed to be superstars? Mellow

In seriousness though:

Dontay Moch - athletic freak that had chronic migraines
Jordan Shipley - flashed as a rookie, then an injury seemed to ruin his career
Chase Coffman - set some NCAA TE receiving records IIRC, never panned out
Jason Shirley - preseason darling
Stacy Andrews - much ado about nothing
Lamont Thompson - I personally had high hopes for this guy to be a ball hawking safety
Sean Brewer - just kidding

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - jason - 05-30-2019

Odell Thurman.

I also have to agree with Shake on Jordan Shipley.

Would Ahmad Brooks fit into this category?

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - J24 - 05-30-2019

(05-30-2019, 12:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All those 6th and 7th round WR's that were supposed to be superstars?  Mellow

In seriousness though:

Dontay Moch - athletic freak that had chronic migraines
Jordan Shipley - flashed as a rookie, then an injury seemed to ruin his career
Chase Coffman - set some NCAA TE receiving records IIRC, never panned out
Jason Shirley - preseason darling
Stacy Andrews - much ado about nothing
Lamont Thompson - I personally had high hopes for this guy to be a ball hawking safety
Sean Brewer - just kidding
Lamont Thompson was a weird one. Dude was cut after one season for no apparent reason. 

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - pally - 05-30-2019

Technically any draft pick that failed to produce fits this category but I'll throw out 2nd rounder Devon Still

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-30-2019

David Pollack and Odell Thurman in the same draft.  If those guys made it, I think we'd be looking back at that draft rather fondly.

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - bengaloo - 05-30-2019

I remember thinking Robert Sands looked like a beastly m f'r coming out of college. Was hoping he would be that hard-hitting authority in the secondary we badly needed. He was going to be the predator lol. Except not.

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - THE PISTONS - 05-30-2019

(05-30-2019, 01:54 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Lamont Thompson was a weird one. Dude was cut after one season for no apparent reason. 

That is a puzzling one.

How about Kelley Washington at WR? Had all the physical potential in the world.

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - fredtoast - 05-30-2019

(05-30-2019, 12:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Stacy Andrews - much ado about nothing

Andrews was a 4th round pick who never really played college football.  Yet he stuck in the NFL 8 years and started games for four different teams.  

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - impactplaya - 05-30-2019

(05-30-2019, 10:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That is a puzzling one.

How about Kelley Washington at WR? Had all the physical potential in the world.

I had his #87 jersey. wore it proudly.
he had a,promising rookie season.
I though he had really good size and radius.
he wasnt a burner but he seem to make clutch plays.
then Marvin just buried him. 
he always did well vs the.AFC North. 

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - fredtoast - 05-30-2019

(05-29-2019, 09:46 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Kijana Carter?

To me it is not even close.

Carter was one of the best college RBs I have ever seen.  At Penn State averaged 7.8 per carry his senior year (with 1500+ yds and 23 tds) and 7.2 for his career.

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - THE PISTONS - 05-30-2019

Does anyone remember when we had Spikes, Simmons, Foley, and I think Adrian Ross and Spearman as our LB's?

That seemed like a lot of talent.

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - impactplaya - 05-30-2019

(05-30-2019, 01:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does anyone remember when we had Spikes, Simmons, Foley, and I think Adrian Ross and Spearman as our LB's?

That seemed like a lot of talent.

too bad our offense hsd Smith Mitchell Kitna 

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-30-2019

First player i thought of was David Pollack, that sucked.

Kenny Irons was a player at Auburn, very talented and never played a snap for us in the regular season after getting injury on that shitty Detroit turf.

RE: Draft Picks that had potential that never panned out - XenoMorph - 05-30-2019

every draft pick that didn't make it 2 years in the nfl