Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Presidential Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: 2020 Presidential Election (/Thread-2020-Presidential-Election)

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 03:07 PM)Dill Wrote: Well yes, if he has the personal courage to name his target.

It's even more courageous to call someone out by name on Twitter than face-to-face.

Extra courage points for men who call out women.

Unless you are utterly blinded by liberal bias, you know Obama has never had the balls to step forward and say "Rosie is a fat pig!" in public.

And that's how we end up refusing to admit that Trump has a modicum of "personal courage"--because Trump.

The bias is everywhere for "all who can see" Lol

See absolutely none of that was said, it was said his comments were beneath the office of POTUS. But this response along with others is a great example of Classical Conditioning. Now all I have to do is ring the bell and you salivate. 

(05-22-2020, 03:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: I kind figured you'd jump on that.

Maybe he should have pointed out his African American?

Mellow

And I kinda figured you wouldn't. Biden basically just called every black person that considers voting for Trump an Uncle Tom. 

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 03:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: See absolutely none of that was said, it was said his comments were beneath the office of POTUS. But this response along with others is a great example of Classical Conditioning. Now all I have to do is ring the bell and you salivate. 

Too bad real life examples don’t fit your false narrative, Stephen A.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - GMDino - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And I kinda figured you wouldn't. Biden basically just called every black person that considers voting for Trump an Uncle Tom. 

Mellow

(05-22-2020, 03:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: See absolutely none of that was said...
Cool

[Image: 482CAD2D00000578-5273011-image-a-6_1516065575616.jpg]

For conspicuous gallantry in the face of Mother Nature’s hail of withering raindrops, I’m proud to award the “Noble” Prize with second Bone Spur Cluster to Donald Trump. Your brave actions charging headlong into a stalled low pressure system over the mid-Atlantic states known for their torrential rainfall in the face of overwhelming precipitation armed only with an umbrella, a single aerosol can of Aquanet hairspray, and a God given look of steely determination, despite suffering from debilitating fake bone spurs while refusing medical aid on the tarmac and overcoming the pain of your injuries and at great personal risk to your spray tan you led a frontal assault up the gang plank to gain the high ground and reach the safety of Air Force One to save your perfectly coiffed hair from irreparable damage. Your heroic actions reflects great credit upon yourself, the office of the Presidency, and the United States of America.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Benton - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 04:28 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: 482CAD2D00000578-5273011-image-a-6_1516065575616.jpg]

For conspicuous gallantry in the face of Mother Nature’s hail of withering raindrops, I’m proud to award the “Noble” Prize with second Bone Spur Cluster to Donald Trump. Your brave actions charging headlong into a stalled low pressure system over the mid-Atlantic states known for their torrential rainfall in the face of overwhelming precipitation armed only with an umbrella, a single aerosol can of Aquanet hairspray, and a God given look of steely determination, despite suffering from debilitating fake bone spurs while refusing medical aid on the tarmac and overcoming the pain of your injuries and at great personal risk to your spray tan you led a frontal assault up the gang plank to gain the high ground and reach the safety of Air Force One to save your perfectly coiffed hair from irreparable damage.  Your heroic actions reflects great credit upon yourself, the office of the Presidency, and the United States of America.

It could be the hair. I think he's more worried about his tan running off. Which is why I think he's so opposed to wearing a mask. 

Three decades of 'it's not a spray tan' would be undone with one attempt to act like a semi consistent leader.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - fredtoast - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 04:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Cool

It is not uncommon for some posters to contradict themselves over the course of a long thread, but those were literally back-to-back posts.

Priceless.

(05-22-2020, 04:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Cool

[Image: BothJointAuk-size_restricted.gif]

(05-22-2020, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not uncommon for some posters to contradict themselves over the course of a long thread, but those were literally back-to-back posts.

Priceless.

Of course I did said basically as opposed to literally. 

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/basically (for you and others that do not understand the term)

What's your basic interpretation of what Biden said and what did I contradict?

I must admit. I'm not surprised at all at the responses. Biden calls every black person that considers voting for Trump not black; yet, you and others attempt to attack the person who posted it.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - NATI BENGALS - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course I did said basically as opposed to literally. 

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/basically (for you and others that do not understand the term)

I must admit. I'm not surprised at all at the responses. Biden calls every black person that considers voting for Trump not black; yet, you and others attempt to attack the person who posted it.

Yea.. see the thing is...

It’s the confederate flags and the nazi flags flown by people your dear leader calls good people, because they make up a large portion of his base, that really makes me understand straight up courageous Joe’s remarks here.

Maybe you were like me and thought for sure the little old white ladies holding blacks 4 trump signs would fix this issue.. Well it didn’t

When Fox News fired Cubic Zirconia and Polyester I had a feeling the party of voter suppression, inequality, and open racism may not do well with minorities. Biden just laid it out there face to face and said what I thought.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Belsnickel - 05-22-2020

Yeah, Biden's comments were indefensible and I'd like to see more efforts from Democratic leadership to say as much.

(05-22-2020, 09:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea.. see the thing is...

It’s the confederate flags and the nazi flags flown by people your dear leader calls good people, because they make up a large portion of his base, that really makes me understand straight up courageous Joe’s remarks here.

Maybe you were like me and thought for sure the little old white ladies holding blacks 4 trump signs would fix this issue.. Well it didn’t

When Fox News fired Cubic Zirconia and Polyester I had a feeling the party of voter suppression, inequality, and open racism may not do well with minorities. Biden just laid it out there face to face and said what I thought.

Thanks

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - BmorePat87 - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 09:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, Biden's comments were indefensible and I'd like to see more efforts from Democratic leadership to say as much.

He quickly apologized and said he shouldn't have been cavalier. The ability to admit when you're wrong is a strength and hopefully this results in the party letting black leaders and voters lead the dialogue.

I see the Trump campaign has already made shirts with the quote on it, though. I do have to give them credit for being willing to seize on a comment like this while simultaneously ignoring the volumes of remarks from Trump. 

https://www.facebook.com/joebiden/videos/184302772805642/UzpfSTEwMDAxMDM4NzkwNDkyMDo1NDU4MzcwMDk0NTI2MDY/

The Biden campaign has done a pretty good job with their videos, showcasing Trump's incompetence.

https://www.facebook.com/7860876103/videos/322381312077681/

https://www.facebook.com/joebiden/videos/548835819163160/

https://www.facebook.com/joebiden/videos/237497594238238/

(05-22-2020, 09:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, Biden's comments were indefensible and I'd like to see more efforts from Democratic leadership to say as much.
There will be those that try

(05-22-2020, 09:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He quickly apologized and said he shouldn't have been cavalier. The ability to admit when you're wrong is a strength and hopefully this results in the party letting black leaders and voters lead the dialogue.

I see the Trump campaign has already made shirts with the quote on it, though. I do have to give them credit for being willing to seize on a comment like this while simultaneously ignoring the volumes of remarks from Trump. 

(05-22-2020, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course I did said basically as opposed to literally. 

Pump the brakes, martyr. Three people laughed at you. No torches or pitchforks.

(05-22-2020, 09:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He quickly apologized and said he shouldn't have been cavalier. The ability to admit when you're wrong is a strength and hopefully this results in the party letting black leaders and voters lead the dialogue.

Completely agree, here. Comments were bad, but they did a good job of damage control. This is far enough out that it will be a distant memory by the time we get to November. However, Biden is pretty gaffe prone.

(05-22-2020, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There will be those that try

His post wasn't a defense of the statement. Some of the other posts in this thread would fit the bill, but not Pat's.

(05-22-2020, 09:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: His post wasn't a defense of the statement. Some of the other posts in this thread would fit the bill, but not Pat's.

Sure, "He quickly apologized" may not be defending, but it damn sure is not condemning

I heard that NASCAR driver "quickly apologized" for using the N word on what he thought was a closed mic. So...

This is quite possibly Biden's "Basket of Deplorable" moment..I had hopes the Dems could do better than this.