Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Presidential Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: 2020 Presidential Election (/Thread-2020-Presidential-Election)

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - fredtoast - 06-19-2020

(06-19-2020, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fair enough. I assume you'll extend to appreciation of that strategy to both sides. 

Because there's a very good chance you might see that quote again throughout the cycle.

I know exactly how politics works in this country.  So, of course I expect both sides to do whatever it takes (as long as it is legal) to win.

I guarantee Biden will agree to debate Trump.  But right now Joe does not have to give any big press conferences.  He doesn't want to take any publicity away from what Trump is doing and saying.  It is a brilliant strategy.  The proof is the way heads are exploding over at Fox.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - jason - 06-19-2020

(06-19-2020, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know exactly how politics works in this country.  So, of course I expect both sides to do whatever it takes (as long as it is legal) to win.

I guarantee Biden will agree to debate Trump.  But right now Joe does not have to give any big press conferences.  He doesn't want to take any publicity away from what Trump is doing and saying.  It is a brilliant strategy.  The proof is the way heads are exploding over at Fox.

I think that same strategy would've played well for the Democrats during this whole presidency. Sure a few things had to happen. We all know what they were, but some well placed nods and pointed fingers in Trump's direction would kill the whole TDS narrative pushed by the right. You never shoot someone who is in the process of digging their own grave.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - jason - 06-19-2020

(06-19-2020, 04:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We're gonna have a repeat of the 1968 Democratic Convention 

I really hope this is televised tomorrow. The president has been away from his adoring masses for 3 months. He'll be on fire tomorrow night. Riots outside, and the Rona inside. Getcho popcorn ready... Shout out to TO.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 06-19-2020

(06-19-2020, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know exactly how politics works in this country.  So, of course I expect both sides to do whatever it takes (as long as it is legal) to win.

"Setting the bar to win the election is all that matters."

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - GMDino - 06-19-2020

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 06-19-2020

(06-19-2020, 08:27 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

Setting the bar to win the election is all that matters.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - BrownAssClown - 06-19-2020

(06-19-2020, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Especially when your candidate it a doddering idiot who cannot think for himself. 

You should show more respect for Trump. Cool

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - fredtoast - 06-20-2020

(06-19-2020, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Setting the bar to win the election is all that matters.

How is Trump posting fake news "setting the bar to win"?  Seems to me it looks like he is trying to lose.

Or is this a new game with you like the way you used to type "Trump Derangement Syndrome" every time Hannity rang a bell?

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-20-2020

(06-19-2020, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Especially when your candidate it a doddering idiot who cannot think for himself. 

All symptoms of windmill noise cancer. How do you know he doesn’t have windmill noise cancer?

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 06-20-2020

(06-20-2020, 05:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: All symptoms of windmill noise cancer. How do you know he doesn’t have windmill noise cancer?

I don't know, some say he does; you tell me. 

(06-20-2020, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't know, some say he does; you tell me. 

Really? Some say Biden has windmill noise cancer?

Name one.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 06-20-2020

(06-20-2020, 06:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Really? Some say Biden has windmill noise cancer?

Name one.

Neal and Bob

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - NATI BENGALS - 06-20-2020

WM cancer isn’t too bad. It’s like a bad cold or the flu. If it hits you hard pop some HCQ and you will be good to go in no time.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - BmorePat87 - 06-20-2020

Sounds like the rally is a dud. They canceled the overflow speech because their can’t even fill up the arena.

They blamed “radical protestors” for scaring away the crowd...

“President Trump is rallying in Tulsa with thousands of energetic supporters, a stark contrast to the sleepy campaign being run by Joe Biden from his basement in Delaware. Sadly, protestors interfered with supporters, even blocking access to the metal detectors, which prevented people from entering the rally. Radical protestors, coupled with a relentless onslaught from the media, attempted to frighten off the President’s supporters. We are proud of the thousands who stuck it out,” campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh

Of course, the protestors can’t get within a few blocks of the rally...

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Nately120 - 06-20-2020

(06-20-2020, 09:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sounds like the rally is a dud. They canceled the overflow speech because their can’t even fill up the arena.

They blamed “radical protestors” for scaring away the crowd...

“President Trump is rallying in Tulsa with thousands of energetic supporters, a stark contrast to the sleepy campaign being run by Joe Biden from his basement in Delaware. Sadly, protestors interfered with supporters, even blocking access to the metal detectors, which prevented people from entering the rally. Radical protestors, coupled with a relentless onslaught from the media, attempted to frighten off the President’s supporters. We are proud of the thousands who stuck it out,” campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh

Of course, the protestors can’t get within a few blocks of the rally...

So much for that threat he made to the protesters.    Guess he didn't follow up on that.  

(06-20-2020, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Neal and Bob

That’s the type of BS I expected from you.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Dill - 06-20-2020

(06-19-2020, 07:21 PM)jason Wrote: I really hope this is televised tomorrow. The president has been away from his adoring masses for 3 months. He'll be on fire tomorrow night. Riots outside, and the Rona inside. Getcho popcorn ready... Shout out to TO.

Well I watched. 

He came out roarin', but the crowd was more low energy.

No riots outside, but one poor lady arrested for sitting around in an "I can't breathe" T shirt.

On and on and on about that damned ramp and drinking water at the West Point commencement.

Saving our heritage from the people who tear down statues.

Big new addition to his campaign platform--one year in prison for anyone who burns a flag.

"The left" controls Biden, and if he wins it is the end of our freedom. Iran and China cheering Biden.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Nately120 - 06-20-2020

(06-20-2020, 11:31 PM)Dill Wrote: Big new addition to his campaign platform--one year in prison for anyone who burns a flag.

Why just one year?  Why not make it a death sentence?  If we're going to cheer our fascist regime, why not up the ante?

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - samhain - 06-20-2020

(06-20-2020, 11:31 PM)Dill Wrote: Well I watched. 

He came out roarin', but the crowd was more low energy.

No riots outside, but one poor lady arrested for sitting around in an "I can't breathe" T shirt.

On and on and on about that damned ramp and drinking water at the West Point commencement.

Saving our heritage from the people who tear down statues.

Big new addition to his campaign platform--one year in prison for anyone who burns a flag.

"The left" controls Biden, and if he wins it is the end of our freedom. Iran and China cheering Biden.

I'll never get the reasoning behind making dumb promises that can't be followed up on.  The only two answers are that he's still really dumb enough to think that he can rule by royal edict, or that he think his supporters are dumb enough to believe he can deliver on any of the things like this that he promises.  The court will never uphold any law punishing flag burning.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - samhain - 06-21-2020

DJT takes another tough loss in Tulsa and it's a humiliating one. Up until tonight, he's always had the frothing troglodytes to provide him with a respite from the media and the realities of his lack of fitness for the office. Apparently, not anymore. He and his staff grossly underestimated the way people at large view the threat of the virus, IMO. A lot of people still aren't ready to pretend it's all over, and yes, some of them are probably Trump supporters.

It was a crap week in virus news. By and large, it doesn't look very much like a thing that has an end in sight. The rally was a desperate gamble, and one that he lost bigly.