Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams out for the season - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams out for the season (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-out-for-the-season)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Joelist - 06-25-2019

Okay enough crying time to move on and try to win without him.

Now all eyes are on Boling - if he is ready to go this is not as bad. Either way we are going to see more of Sample than we might have as he will be needed to chip block.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - psychdoctor - 06-25-2019

Well one way to look at this is that the Bengals will have essentially two first rounders next year.

With that said this really sucks.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Brownshoe - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 08:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well one way to look at this is that the Bengals will have essentially two first rounders next year.

With that said this really sucks.

We've been saying that since 2012 lol

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Nicomo Cosca - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 07:42 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Great coaches usually dont have people like bobby hart and nick vigil looking like locks to start.  Not even Belichick can make up for some of the glaring holes on this roster.  Oh and we dont have tom brady either.

All true.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - HarleyDog - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 07:49 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: ZT has zero idea how tough this division is and going to be.The browns are stacked to win this division going away and I could easily see us tanking and being the last in the AFC north.If all of us fans are realistic about this upcoming season with new everything in bengleland, you have to realize we are going to go through a tough season.You just know key players are going to get hurt and this team has more injuries than the armed forces and I am a vet.He is going to have his eyes opened big time,the ravens have a upcoming qb that is going to be great,the steelers are the steelers,and the brownies are stacked everywhere including a top qb  and I believe they are going to be a big time tough out. I could say maybe 7 wins as you know these teams we are facing this season will figure ZT out and just out coach the guy,they will bait him all game as a unproven dude and he will suffer loses to learn from.I am being a bad man now but I see what I see.They will have to prove me otherwise,been around the game 50 years and to me no one fears the nati. :paul: Cry

Wow. That was a tough read. 1 man does not make a team. ZT being a first time HC does not make him apt to be baited like an 8th grader going into HS. Geez, have a little more trust in the smarts others praise him for having. Not saying he won’t make mistakes. Belichick makes mistakes too. Coaching is going to help the guys overcome adversity.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Circleville Guy - 06-25-2019

I would say disbelief but..... well, you guys know! I am determined to live to see another strong, playoff team. I’m hoping that I’m not 100 and blind when it happens!

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - THE PISTONS - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wow. That was a tough read. 1 man does not make a team. ZT being a first time HC does not make him apt to be baited like an 8th grader going into HS. Geez, have a little more trust in the smarts others praise him for having. Not saying he won’t make mistakes. Belichick makes mistakes too. Coaching is going to help the guys overcome adversity.

I don't know that ZT is being put in a position to succeed. And the adversity may be all it takes to tip the scale.

We basically have a similar offensive line as last year and similar LB group. Both units were bad. We'll be banking on a lot of guys to improve and rookies and guys who didn't play to step up.

Oh by the way, Dalton got hurt behind that line last year.

I think a lot of owners with $50+ million of cap space would clearly go upgrade 2-3 spots for a new coach. Here they spent the money with little to show for it.

I won't say we'll win 2-3-4 games, but I see us somewhere between 5-8 wins.

Is that a success? We've been winning 6-7 games the last 3 years.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - jason - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 03:53 PM)pally Wrote: our 1st round luck looks even worse when it is listed out

Yep... Since AJ Green in 2011, we've gotten solid contribution from our first rounder exactly one time. That was Tyler Eifert.

This sucks.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Jason_NC - 06-25-2019

sigh.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - THE PISTONS - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 08:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I would say disbelief but..... well, you guys know! I am determined to live to see another strong, playoff team. I’m hoping that I’m not 100 and blind when it happens!

I hear you. It honestly feels like we're closer to a rebuild than that.

Guys like Atkins/Dunlap/Green are 30/31. Their peak years are diminishing. It sucks.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Jason_NC - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 03:53 PM)pally Wrote: our 1st round luck looks even worse when it is listed out

2015 wasn't bad luck, it was a bad decision.  The rest stinks though.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - jason - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 07:49 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: ZT has zero idea how tough this division is and going to be.The browns are stacked to win this division going away and I could easily see us tanking and being the last in the AFC north.If all of us fans are realistic about this upcoming season with new everything in bengleland, you have to realize we are going to go through a tough season.You just know key players are going to get hurt and this team has more injuries than the armed forces and I am a vet.He is going to have his eyes opened big time,the ravens have a upcoming qb that is going to be great,the steelers are the steelers,and the brownies are stacked everywhere including a top qb  and I believe they are going to be a big time tough out. I could say maybe 7 wins as you know these teams we are facing this season will figure ZT out and just out coach the guy,they will bait him all game as a unproven dude and he will suffer loses to learn from.I am being a bad man now but I see what I see.They will have to prove me otherwise,been around the game 50 years and to me no one fears the nati. :paul: Cry

Haha...

You think Lamar Jackson is gonna be great? But Zac Taylor and the Bengals have to prove it? From what I've seen, Lamar is awful... Great athlete... Suspect QB.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - PAjwPhilly - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 06:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Atleast our 2nd Round pick is a blocking TE. That will be exciting watching him...block.

Exactly. We lost a blocking LT... at least we have another top blocker (the best blocking TE in the draft). Placing blocking TEs outside the tackles can help the OL.

You seem to be a fan of every team but the Bengals. What insight do you have about how clueless ZT is? What makes you think he wouldn't prepare himself?

Baltimore???? How can anyone like Lamar Jackson over AD? Only one of them can pass. And all running is going to do is get the QB hurt. But I guess they can just use the RB depth with their new offense. Also, Baltimore lost both Suggs and Za'darius... and CJ Mosley. 

Steelers are the Steelers... You have already given up; defeatism. Why watch games? ICYMI the Steelers just lost 2 big players in the last 2 seasons. JuJu has always played under AB. Can he be a #1? Conner got pounded last year. Can he keep that up another season? Roethlisberger is 37 years old. He loses a step every year (Peyton Manning went from 100 to 0 it seemed in one season). Mike Tomlin seems to barely be in charge in Pittsburgh.

The Browns? I've been up on the Browns too... but rosters don't equal wins. Baker has an attitude much like Johnny Football. He already had his foot in his mouth this off-season. And have you ever heard of the sophomore slump? 

The season hasn't even started yet, lol.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - OSUfan - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 03:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: #SameDey

All but guarantees that when Williams sucks in 2020, people will pull out the "he was hurt his rookie year, he's basically a rookie" classic.

Shame that injuries ruined the 2019 season. But man, just wait until 2020. They'll let some people go in FA, get some sweet compensatory picks, all the people hurt each of the last four years will magically all be healthy, and will be surefire shots to win the SB.

[Image: tenor.gif]

At some point the "bad luck" becomes bad scouting, bad medical, and bad development. Flukes that happen nonstop aren't flukes. They're a pattern.

Look forward to some sweet Hobspin articles about how Hart has really turned it around. Probably through MMA... or interpretive dance. Then there will be threads made about how they sure were glad Hart was around, as if he wasn't cut by the Giants for being terrible, and then terrible for the Bengals.

Wake me up when it's no longer Groundhog Day.

Well this shit is silly. He was injured at the OTAs scouting does not prevent that in any fashion. If I am not mistaken he played all but one game over the last three seasons for Alabama.

I really like your Chicken Little bit about him sucking next season. Some things certainly do not change. What franchise is soliciting your talents?

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - OSUfan - 06-25-2019

I am very certain that he is completely aware of this division. I am also certain he has more knowledge of the game in his pinky than you do. Just silliness in this thread.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Brownshoe - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 08:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hear you. It honestly feels like we're closer to a rebuild than that.

Guys like Atkins/Dunlap/Green are 30/31. Their peak years are diminishing. It sucks.

We have a lot of young players too though. WJ3, Hubbard, Bates, Lawson, Billings (he's only 23 still!), Boyd, Mixon, Preston Brown (26 is youngish),  Price (let's wait to see how good he is when he's healthy this year). There's no reason to panic too much about a rebuild yet.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Gamma Ray Tan - 06-25-2019

It's so sad....you have to laugh to keep from crying. Of course our stud LT gets hurt in underwear practice.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Murdock2420 - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 08:59 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We have a lot of young players too though. WJ3, Hubbard, Bates, Lawson, Billings (he's only 23 still!), Boyd, Mixon, Preston Brown (26 is youngish),  Price (let's wait to see how good he is when he's healthy this year). There's no reason to panic too much about a rebuild yet.

It kind of is a rebuild with this staff completely revamped. The good news is rebuilds in football don't usually take as long to show results as they do in other sports. Can have a bad year and draft well and be right back into the mix. 

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - 2MinutesHate - 06-25-2019

Looks like Vegas turned out to be right once again. It was already an already an uphill battle with this OL. Cant really blame management for this one. They tried, but the line was just in shambles already and this injury simply cripples the OL.

I think this team is in in for a very long year, but stranger things have happened.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - PAjwPhilly - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 07:42 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Great coaches usually dont have people like bobby hart and nick vigil looking like locks to start.  Not even Belichick can make up for some of the glaring holes on this roster.  Oh and we dont have tom brady either.

I disagree. Every team has weak spots. If you were a fan of any other team besides a perennial winner, you would see the same thing. There seems to always be something for people who like to complain, to complain about.

But your point seems a little convoluted.  You say great coaches don't have bad players, but then you say the greatest coach of this era couldn't do anything with our roster. And then you mention a great player.... Is it the coaches or players?