Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams out for the season - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams out for the season (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-out-for-the-season)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Destro - 06-25-2019

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Circleville Guy - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 08:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hear you. It honestly feels like we're closer to a rebuild than that.

Guys like Atkins/Dunlap/Green are 30/31. Their peak years are diminishing. It sucks.

That’s one of the things that breaks my heart because Atkins/Dunlap/Green all seem like stand up guys. We know how good each are and the dedication to the team is there. They are all ready to slowly decline now due to age and they haven’t had a run in the playoffs. There’s a verity of reasons for that but it still sucks. When you have a poorly run team, adding the bad luck of too many injuries on top of an organization that has been lacking in so many other areas... That’s just crippling! Fans have to ask every single year, when will it end.?

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Kingslayer - 06-25-2019

So tired of this bs

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Destro - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 09:15 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: That’s one of the things that breaks my heart because Atkins/Dunlap/Green all seem like stand up guys. 

Feel like they are one of those people you'd see on TV who do everything right, are grreat people, but life is so hard on them, then the talk show host buys them a car or vacation or something. Instead, the players can only hope to work, no get the recognition they deserve, then go get a ring with the Patriots.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - pally - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 08:42 PM)jason Wrote: Yep... Since AJ Green in 2011, we've gotten solid contribution from our first rounder exactly one time. That was Tyler Eifert.

This sucks.

Kevin Zeitler and Dre Kirkpatrick beg to differ

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Bengalitis - 06-25-2019

I can see Andy practice throwing on the run more this summer. He'll benefit from it now.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Bengalitis - 06-25-2019

We should seriously have open try outs for Jonah's position. Who knows, we may end up with a savior.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - impactplaya - 06-25-2019

somehow this team went 4 and 1 without Johah Williams last year.
how did that ever happen?

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - ezekiel23 - 06-25-2019

At first l thought this was a joke.Hard to believe.Bummer.☹️

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Atomic Orange - 06-25-2019

[Image: thumb_next-man-up-do-your-job-memecrunch...902753.png]

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - chopperbobby - 06-25-2019

It would not be the bengals if our first round pick actually played the first season and make an impact. I believe AJ Green? Eifert almost made his whole rookie year. Not sure but think he missed the last game? Forgot about Kevin Zeitler . Don’t say Kirkpatrick he is OK but nothing special. Really good at holding.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - psychdoctor - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 08:27 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We've been saying that since 2012 lol

I don't know why the Bengals have such bad luck with injuries.  It is unbelievable.  

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - pally - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 10:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't know why the Bengals have such bad luck with injuries.  It is unbelievable.  

it is weird. I mean the 1st round curse goes all the way back to Greg Cook

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Tiger Teeth - 06-25-2019

So we needed help at OL and LB and we now have neither. I love being a Bengal fan. Makes me want to sing Joan Jett to this team..."I hate myself for loving you..."

Jonah Williams out for the season - Bronxbengal - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 04:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: HTF is a torn labrum bad scouting or bad coaching?

Its a freak accident that occurs from doing too much of the same thing (IE; throwing a baseball).

Thankfully, this surgery is an almost 100% success rate for baseball players, thus I'm not worried for the long term.

Not true! Labrum injuries for baseball players are tricky. Pitchers who have labrum surgeries tend to lose velocity when they are back. My son tore his labrum in wrestling during his junior year. He missed the rest of the season and most of his senior year. There is very little blood flow in the joint area. If the tear is completely off the bone than it will take time to heal. I don’t expect Jonah to be back to hisself until the middle of next season. This is bad and why is this team so damned cursed!,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - jason - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 09:44 PM)pally Wrote: Kevin Zeitler and Dre Kirkpatrick beg to differ

I forgot about Zeitler...

Dre was injured a lot and was mainly a ST Gunner. That was back in the Pacman, Hall, and Newman days.

Tyler Eifert and Kevin Zeitler... That's it.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - jason - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 10:25 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So we needed help at OL and LB and we now have neither. I love being a Bengal fan. Makes me want to sing Joan Jett to this team..."I hate myself for loving you..."

I'm hoping the combination of Them, Germaine "Geronimo" Pratt, and a healthy Brown will be enough to make the LB corps serviceable...

Williams's injury really sucks though.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - THE PISTONS - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 09:44 PM)pally Wrote: Kevin Zeitler and Dre Kirkpatrick beg to differ

Kirkpatrick played sparingly until his contract year. He wasn't injured though.

Model Model Model - How drafting 1st Round picks that barely play in Year 1 and only using free agent money to sign mediocre free agents has led to a dynasty that other teams copy!

Honestly, a labrum tear is pretty bad for an offensive lineman that is going to have to be really strong and block 300 lb guys. I hope that he can fully recover from this. The shoulder is tough to repair fully.