Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams out for the season - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams out for the season (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-out-for-the-season)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - XenoMorph - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 10:00 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: An extra boost when hes back...and the core is a little bit older...and the window is shut just a little bit more... 

This team's window is closing fast. This year was going to be a huge year with this core group of players. 

Closing for the older Vets yes... Just starting to open for the young guys.

If they keep retooling correctly the window will never be shut.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - PV Bengal - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 09:18 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We are truly snakebit.

If the Bengals didn't have bad luck, they wouldn't have any luck.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Bengalitis - 06-26-2019

This is starting to make sense, the squeelers knew about his injury thus they traded to grab the best LB we needed to force us to get the obvious, Jonah. Knowing he was gonna be out.

I'm gonna go with this theory.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - sandwedge - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 08:48 AM)jj22 Wrote: They talked on the radio how significant of an injury this was for the team that needed their draft class (especially Williams) to contribute immediately to the turn around.

ZT is now unable to run the Rams scheme (The scheme needs strong tackles especially LT). As we saw last season Dalton won't have the time for play action deep balls. It's likely going to have to be more of the 2013 Dolphins scheme (gulp).

Dalton's big year took a hit, and this injury likely spells the end for him in Cinci as another 40+ sack season will likely mean he isn't going to have the career year he needs.

Boyd will likely not get extended (or Green), but Glenn was squarely on the block with his 9m salary. We are unable to cut him now and unable to use that money for extensions.

We won't know what we have in Williams at LT by the time the draft comes around next offseason (some say he was better fit on inside), which means we will be looking at LT high in next years draft once again.
You can't be serious? We are going to run the offense we have already installed this off season. Glenn is more than capable of playing LT. 

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - J24 - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 08:48 AM)jj22 Wrote: They talked on the radio how significant of an injury this was for the team that needed their draft class (especially Williams) to contribute immediately to the turn around.

ZT is now unable to run the Rams scheme (The scheme needs strong tackles especially LT). As we saw last season Dalton won't have the time for play action deep balls. It's likely going to have to be more of the 2013 Dolphins scheme (gulp).

Dalton's big year took a hit, and this injury likely spells the end for him in Cinci as another 40+ sack season will likely mean he isn't going to have the career year he needs.

Boyd will likely not get extended (or Green), but Glenn was squarely on the block with his 9m salary. We are unable to cut him now and unable to use that money for extensions.

We won't know what we have in Williams at LT by the time the draft comes around next offseason (some say he was better fit on inside), which means we will be looking at LT high in next years draft once again.

In What offense are the Tackles not important?

(06-26-2019, 09:27 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Now we can't trust injury news under a new regime too.

What have they said, that makes them unbelievable? All reports coming coach Taylor said he was dinged and was getting re-evaluated.. How is that misleading? 

(06-26-2019, 10:50 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In What offense are the Tackles not important?

Exactly.....

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Catmandude123 - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 10:53 AM)sandwedge Wrote: What have they said, that makes them unbelievable? All reports coming coach Taylor said he was dinged and was getting re-evaluated.. How is that misleading? 

In what universe does it take nearly a month to evaluate an injury? Most doctors could tell in about an hour.They knew the sh!t would hit the fan when the fans found out about the injury and wanted to delay the news to blame it on the otas. They do have a history of drafting injured players in the first round the last three years.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - HuDey - 06-26-2019

(06-25-2019, 04:45 PM)impactplaya Wrote: the Browns won 7 games without a franchise LT
last year.
injuries happen.
better Williams than say Germaine Pratt. where there is very little
proven talent behind him

I’d rather have the healthy left tackle that we drafted in the first round, thank you.

I do agree that this one rookie player does not make or break our season. If we were playoff bound with him, we should be playoff bound without him.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - grampahol - 06-26-2019

I think they'll be OK. Glenn played injured much of last year so his performance fell off a bit, but this is a new season. Boling? Don't know, but I believe they have the players to make up for him if he can't go this season. The only position on the Oline I feel the least comfortable with is Bobby Hart at RT. I think they have the guards pretty much covered, but I don't feel all that inclined to jump on the Westerman bandwagon. He's had a full 4 seasons to crack the opening lineup and has failed every year since his arrival.
As of now I think if they can muddle through this season with no significant losses to injury after Williams next season looks to be solid with the promise of yet more acquisitions in next year's draft. The sky hasn't fallen. It's merely drooping.  Injuries have always been the issue that rises it's ugly head before, during and even after seasons. It would be nice to have at least one season where injuries don't play the biggest part in the win/loss record books.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - SunsetBengal - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 10:50 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In What offense are the Tackles not important?

(06-26-2019, 10:53 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Exactly.....

Most years there are some veteran players that get their release in training camp, as rookies and younger players step up into starting roles, at a lower cost to their team.  Perhaps the Bengals can benefit from one of those salary camp cap casualties this year?  Even before the Williams injury, I thought that the Bengals might benefit from one of those solid vets that will get pushed out by the younger players.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Nately120 - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 11:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Most years there are some veteran players that get their release in training camp, as rookies and younger players step up into starting roles, at a lower cost to their team.  Perhaps the Bengals can benefit from one of those salary camp cap casualties this year?  Even before the Williams injury, I thought that the Bengals might benefit from one of those solid vets that will get pushed out by the younger players.

Richie Incognito will likely be an amusingly insane addition to this team when the Raiders cut him.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Sled21 - 06-26-2019

Several thoughts after reading all 9 pages. Gresham is not missed, because we have Redmond to replace him as the false start king.
It absolutely sucks to lose Williams for the season, but I expect he will be 100% next year. In the meantime, Glenn will move back to his natural position at LT, Boling (if healthy) will be left guard, Price at Center, and Hart will be RT. We will show off one of our shiny new massive right guards, be it Jordan, Miller, Jerry or whoever, and we're going to pound the ball with our talented Running back stable, just like we were going to do prior to the Williams injury. The sky is not falling, if we had to rely on the pass, then yes, this would be potentially crippling, but since day one of Taylor getting here he has been setting this team up to run the ball...…. Glenn is still plenty capable of doing what needs to be done.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - GodFather - 06-26-2019

This is classic Bengals, we draft a first rounder who has zero health issues in the past and gets a major injury right from start and is out the year.

To top it off it is in the positions we are weakest at and needs the biggest turnaround.

We're all disappointed to say the least but lets hope for the best this upcoming season because Im sure its not going to be the last big injury we see this season(It would be nice if it was, but this is after all football)

Can't you people just accept the fact that many people are incapable of accepting facts?  Who needs facts when we have incorrect gut instincts that can be tossed out in a moments notice to tell us that facts are spelled differently than lies? <---my utterly useless input "fact" of the day..  someone has to.....

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - XsandOs - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 11:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Several thoughts after reading all 9 pages. Gresham is not missed, because we have Redmond to replace him as the false start king.
It absolutely sucks to lose Williams for the season, but I expect he will be 100% next year. In the meantime, Glenn will move back to his natural position at LT, Boling (if healthy) will be left guard, Price at Center, and Hart will be RT. We will show off one of our shiny new massive right guards, be it Jordan, Miller, Jerry or whoever, and we're going to pound the ball with our talented Running back stable, just like we were going to do prior to the Williams injury. The sky is not falling, if we had to rely on the pass, then yes, this would be potentially crippling, but since day one of Taylor getting here he has been setting this team up to run the ball...…. Glenn is still plenty capable of doing what needs to be done.

Agreed.

Glenn will be fine. And I'm not sure Jonah would have done better at LT as a rookie, anyway.

This is not a good situation because he loses a year of NFL experience. But it is what it is.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - XenoMorph - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 11:01 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: In what universe does it take nearly a month to evaluate an injury? Most doctors could tell in about an hour.They knew the sh!t would hit the fan when the fans found out about the injury and wanted to delay the news to blame it on the otas. They do have a history of drafting injured players in the first round the last three years.

well you get second opinions and such especially before shutting a guy down for the year.

They were probly doing the due diligence of making sure surgery was absolutely needed before proceeding.

(06-26-2019, 11:42 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Agreed.

Glenn will be fine. And I'm not sure Jonah would have done better at LT as a rookie, anyway.

This is not a good situation because he loses a year of NFL experience. But it is what it is.

But, but, but what about those firmly convinced that Jonah is absolutely indestructible and destined to be the single greatest OT of his generation or of any generation?  They couldn't possibly be wrong now could they?  

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - Nately120 - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 11:42 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Agreed.

Ida know...drafting for need and then saying we don't need the guy we drafted while drafting for need is some wishful thinking.

RE: Jonah Williams out for the season - bfine32 - 06-26-2019

They were talking about this earlier today on Sirius. Although it is obviously terrible they did say the Bengals were fortunate it happened when it did and that we are fortunate to have someone like Cordy Glenn on the roster to step in.

The mentioned we now have all preseason to get it right either with folks currently on the squad or bringing in a vet. They mentioned the good thing about bringing in a vet is that we have all preseason to determine if he is what we need and if not can cut him before Salary is guaranteed, Personally I'll like to see what we have in Mike Jordan. Of course there's always a chance we can bring back Andre 350.