Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick (/Thread-This-is-why-Im-not-crazy-about-the-Finely-pick)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick - Nately120 - 08-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 10:34 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Nice, but not dirty enough.  Mellow

I left out the line about him having a **** so ***** he could ***** it in a ****** and then ****** it with several *******s!

RE: This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick - grampahol - 08-02-2019

(08-01-2019, 07:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think he is 5'9" 185 pounds but is thick and quick.  

Willis is listed as 6-3 204..Morgan 6' 205..  Kind of, sort of 6 inches off there, but who wants to split hairs?  What's 6 inches when reaching for things high up in the kitchen cabinets? 

RE: This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick - Bengalitis - 08-02-2019

Finley called and said he would like to use his "ROOKIE" card like Ross.

In two years, you can say its his make or break year.  Hehe

RE: This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick - bengals67 - 08-02-2019

I thought Finley would be a good prospect based upon his performance at NC State.

Looks like I was very wrong.

RE: This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick - McC - 08-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 11:40 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I thought Finley would be a good prospect based upon his performance at NC State.

Looks like I was very wrong.

So far, maybe.  It is still a week before the first preseason game.

RE: This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick - PhilHos - 08-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 10:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I left out the line about him having a **** so ***** he could ***** it in a ****** and then ****** it with several *******s!

Ok, now you're talking!  Smirk

RE: This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick - Catmandude123 - 08-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 10:39 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I hated the fact that we traded up to get this guy.

But I'm certainly not one who ever viewed Ryan Finley as Dalton's replacement. F no. It's a tolerable choice if the hope is that he someday be a capable NFL backup, but if this guy was taken to be the future franchise QB, then Zac Taylor is going to have an NFL shelf life similar to a guy who is now managing steakhouses.

People also need to remember that Finley is prospect old. He didn't come out after his JR year. Guy played for, I think, 3 different major D1 teams, so he's got plenty of experience adapting to new offenses.

He's been a bust thus far. Maybe it's too soon to bury him, but I'd be less than shocked to find out he's given a pink slip before the end of the preseason.
Some players develop after entering the NFL. Some players are number1 picks and fade into oblivion. How about giving him more than a week of practices before we determine how he will turn out.

RE: This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick - psychdoctor - 08-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 11:06 AM)grampahol Wrote: Willis is listed as 6-3 204..Morgan 6' 205..  Kind of, sort of 6 inches off there, but who wants to split hairs?  What's 6 inches when reaching for things high up in the kitchen cabinets? 

I must have been watching Morgan which if listed as 6' is probably closer to 5'10".  Morgan and Willis look like keepers to me.  I do not understand why Morgan was not drafted.