Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Chief's PS game - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Chief's PS game (/Thread-Chief-s-PS-game)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Chief's PS game - NKURyan - 08-12-2019

(08-11-2019, 11:57 PM)KansasBengal Wrote: I’m a big Andy fan but the difference is that Mahomes is actually the league MVP and this was the first time his fans saw him since being crowned. Again, jealous...

Sounds like Carson's first preseason game in 2006. He wasn't the reigning MVP (though he wasn't far off), but coming back from that injury he got a hero's welcome.

RE: Chief's PS game - rfaulk34 - 08-12-2019

(08-11-2019, 10:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hobson on LB's:

A lot of youth here and it showed up when the Chiefs gouged them for 4.8 yards per carry on 24 runs and it’s the backs and tight ends that still keep making the big plays on them and not the fleet wide receivers. The Chiefs’ four longest passes went to tight end Travis Kelce (36), running back Darwin Thompson (29), tight end Blake Bell (23) and John Lovett (22).

They love Pratt’s brains and tenacity and he led the backers with 29 snaps. They’ll be looking for him to shore up his tackling after missing some Saturday, but he looks to be as advertised. They love Nickerson’s football IQ (he had their only interception on Saturday), but he couldn’t keep up with Thompson out of the backfield on that touchdown pass. They love Jefferson’s athleticism and he had Lovett covered but couldn’t find the ball. And he couldn’t get off Bell’s block on a jet sweep that went for a TD. Other than Pratt, no rookie played more than 14 snaps. You can almost hear DC Lou Anarumo right now telling them he needs more consistency from players that are talented.

They can love Jefferson's athletic ability all day, but on the field, he's bad. Nickerson is just too slow to be a reliable option.

(08-12-2019, 12:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They can love Jefferson's athletic ability all day, but on the field, he's bad. Nickerson is just too slow to be a reliable option.

We should just genetically splice them into one linebacker and then we're all set!

(08-11-2019, 11:23 PM)Roland Wrote: Right, they're ignoring the 7 for 9 performance and worrying about the 1 bad throw out of 9. Yes, he should have made the throw.  News Flash: Andy Dalton doesn't have the strongest arm and sometimes under throws long passes.   No excuses, that's what we've got.  In a 7 for 9 performance with no starting skill players it's the very least of our problems.

Andy Dalton is far from perfect.  He's going to miss passes.  But he's good enough to win in a well executed Zac Taylor offense with the right players around him.  Carping about one bad pass from Andy like you're dropping some kind of Truth Bomb is the very essence of Bengal fandom.

No one is saying Dalton was a "problem". Pointing out that he missed a throw he should have hit isn't a death sentence. It's just the facts. 

People constantly coming to his defense, making up all kinds of excuses is the problem, not people saying he should have hit that pass. 

(08-11-2019, 11:28 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I agree.

And honestly, if that's what the first team offense is going to look like most of the season only with Green, Eifert, Mixon, and Gio (and maybe even Ross?) added to the mix... they're probably going to win more games than some people think.

That's *NOT* to say I'm ready to say that's what we'll be getting all year, but come on - that was a very pleasant surprise for their first drive. People should be cautiously optimistic about that instead of finding the one thing there is to complain about.

Here's another post where someone is blowing something out of proportion. 

Dalton led a very nice drive for a TD. Someone points out that he shouldn't have missed the pass to Malone and people rush in with with their swords and shields and turn it into something bigger than it needs to be. 

(08-11-2019, 11:33 PM)NKURyan Wrote: TBH while that makes sense there's still a part of me that says the play took long enough that Andy probably should have been able to make the adjustment. This didn't strike me as a bang-bang kind of timing throw or anything.

I loved the aggressive play calls on back-to-back plays, though. I'm excited to see more of the offense at the very least.

Hobson was wrong, but i digress...

Think about what the perception of Malone is if that pass is completed. 

(08-12-2019, 12:08 AM)NKURyan Wrote: We should just genetically splice them into one linebacker and then we're all set!

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to get all gross.  Cool

Where is Dr. Moreau when we need him!?

(08-12-2019, 12:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to get all gross.  Cool

Where is Dr. Moreau when we need him!?

Ah crap, we messed it up and did it backwards - now we've just got a really unathletic moron. Damn you genetics!

RE: Chief's PS game - kevin - 08-12-2019

OK, I'm not even going to talk the one missed Dalton pass by a inch that the team scored on that drive and Dalton completed passes to 5 different receivers on his one and only series at QB and Bengals scored a TD. To continue to knit pick that opening scoring drive is petty.

I've gone on Bengals.com and I see the LG that I have asked about on here is Jerry. He made way too many penalties. Paul Brown never put up with those. Blockers can't keep moving the team backwards on penalties. Bengals were awful on that last year as Bobby Hart made too many penalties. Bengals got both Hart & Jerry from NY Giants and if they make penalties every play, I can see why NY dumped them.

Lets see what Coach Taylor has to say about this Marvin team he just coached in first preseason game. He says the O Line does have to cut down on the penalties. He says the defense is not physical enough. So coming from NFC Champ Rams in February, it only took one preseason game to see Bengals glaring weakness on O Line and Defense. I don't see Coach Taylor going on and on and on and on about this one missed Dalton pass on scoring drive. The Coach however did say after that one Dalton drive, players didn't step up, and he see's many things to work on with Blocking and Tackling, which we know Bengals have been lousy at last few years. I think it's safe to say there is plenty for the coaches to get on these players about in practice this week.

Again, I expected O Line & Defense problems left over by Marvin. There is no Magic Wand. This will take some time and coaching up. I'm all in on NEW DEY....Anybody that thinks the new coaches can just fix this awful team quick and fast are crazy.....It's going to be a work in progress, but I'm all into NEW DEY.....Go Coach Taylor, GO BENGALS.

RE: Chief's PS game - SHRacerX - 08-12-2019

(08-11-2019, 09:38 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For such a slow guy, he certainly got behind the coverage.  Was impressive to watch the big man go way up and pull that one down.

I didn't call him slow, but he does fail to generate a lot of separation.  That is why he went undrafted.  He is more of a long-strider, but what a ridiculous catch radius.  He can create some serious mismatches with jump balls and he seems to come down with almost everything.  

I like the idea of having a sure-handed, 10 yard consistent threat over a guy like Malone that might be able to hit a home run once in a while.  

RE: Chief's PS game - SunsetBengal - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 04:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't call him slow, but he does fail to generate a lot of separation.  That is why he went undrafted.  He is more of a long-strider, but what a ridiculous catch radius.  He can create some serious mismatches with jump balls and he seems to come down with almost everything.  

I like the idea of having a sure-handed, 10 yard consistent threat over a guy like Malone that might be able to hit a home run once in a while.  

I didn't say that you called him slow, or mean to insinuate that you did.  Tate had what was considered a slow 40 time, and many refer to that when making arguments against his viability as a pro.  I, on the other hand, was impressed with the many highly athletic catches that he made in college, and have been quietly pulling for him to emerge as a Bengal weapon.  

So, I guess I should have worded my previous post a little more carefully.

RE: Chief's PS game - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 04:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't call him slow, but he does fail to generate a lot of separation.  That is why he went undrafted.  He is more of a long-strider, but what a ridiculous catch radius.  He can create some serious mismatches with jump balls and he seems to come down with almost everything.  

7th round pick Wink

RE: Chief's PS game - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-12-2019

(08-11-2019, 11:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Maybe but I'll believe both the coach and the QB if they are saying what happened. It's basically a brand new route scheme so some hiccups are inevitable. 

That's just the thing; iron them out in these pre-season games and hope to God that you have things figured out by the time the season starts.

Good coaching will ensure this is the case.

BTW, the contrast of your posting is night and day compared to Saturday night lol; stay calm!

RE: Chief's PS game - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-12-2019

(08-11-2019, 01:18 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I guess we are going to forget about him coming out right after that throw and making a big time play. Sure, it wasn't a touchdown, but showed confidence after a mistake. He also finished 7-9 80 yards without five of his weapons...but...yeah, that's fine.

Hey, don'tcha know? You ALWAYS must pick.out the one negative and harp on it with Dalton. Noob..... Ninja

RE: Chief's PS game - Nicomo Cosca - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 09:52 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hey, don'tcha know? You ALWAYS must pick.out the one negative and harp on it with Dalton. Noob..... Ninja

Ffs Wyche, “harp on it?” Really? I literally mentioned it as a negative in a list of multiple other non-Dalton related complaints.

There’s certainly people harping on one comment though, that’s for sure...

RE: Chief's PS game - fredtoast - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 12:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No one is saying Dalton was a "problem". Pointing out that he missed a throw he should have hit isn't a death sentence. It's just the facts. 

People constantly coming to his defense, making up all kinds of excuses is the problem, not people saying he should have hit that pass. 

If Dalton had played a horrible game but threw one nice pass what would say to the people who wanted to judge him by just that one pass?  You would be mocking them for "making excuses" to ignore the rest of his game.

Funny how that apparently does not work both ways.

RE: Chief's PS game - Nicomo Cosca - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If Dalton had played a horrible game but threw one nice pass what would say to the people who wanted to judge him by just that one pass?  You would be mocking them for "making excuses" to ignore the rest of his game.

It wasn’t a game, it was one ***** drive, and he made a big mistake that COULD have cost them.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY FAIR TO MENTION IT IN A POST TAKING MOST OF THE TEAM TO TASK

**** Christ

RE: Chief's PS game - Whatever - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 11:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It wasn’t a game, it was one ***** drive, and he made a big mistake that COULD have cost them.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY FAIR TO MENTION IT IN A POST TAKING MOST OF THE TEAM TO TASK

**** Christ

It sounded like more of a miscommunication than a bad throw.  Malone was supposed to run a stop and go, but he got so much separation on his initial move that he decided to forgo the stutter step per the mothership.  

(08-12-2019, 12:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: It sounded like more of a miscommunication than a bad throw.  Malone was supposed to run a stop and go, but he got so much separation on his initial move that he decided to forgo the stutter step per the mothership.  

I've already called BS on this. After the play fake he looks right, then comes back left. He just rushed it and didn't get his feet set properly.

(08-12-2019, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If Dalton had played a horrible game but threw one nice pass what would say to the people who wanted to judge him by just that one pass?  You would be mocking them for "making excuses" to ignore the rest of his game.