Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Chief's PS game - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Chief's PS game (/Thread-Chief-s-PS-game)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Chief's PS game - Joelist - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 01:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've already called BS on this. After the play fake he looks right, then comes back left. He just rushed it and didn't get his feet set properly.

You can call what you want. I'll take the word of the players and coaches over someone with an axe to grind. 

RE: Chief's PS game - 3wt - 08-12-2019

(08-11-2019, 12:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks that need their walking papers:

Lippet
Phillips

Folks that need more playing time:

A. Brown
McRae
Westerman
Davis (LB)
Morgan
Tate
Finley
Price - Got knocked on his butt in his second go round.   I was glad he was back in there, but not too impressive.  Getting blown up has become a trend for him.  He needs as many snaps as he can get.

And Cordy Glen had trouble getting to anyone on the second level

Unimpressive Rookie:
Pratt - Yes - looked lost out there
Sample - He had some good blocks but got little separation and was wooden in his catches

Impressive Rookie:
Morgan - YES

RE: Chief's PS game - BonnieBengal - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 11:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It wasn’t a game, it was one ***** drive, and he made a big mistake that COULD have cost them.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY FAIR TO MENTION IT IN A POST TAKING MOST OF THE TEAM TO TASK

**** Christ

You are way over the top upset about Dalton's touchdown scoring drive.  Yes he underthrew one pass.  It happens.  He made up for it.  He also looked poised and made the O line look competent during that drive.  Did you watch Driskel?  Now if you want to piss and moan about Driskel, I'm right there with you.  But Dalton looked really good for the first preseason game.

RE: Chief's PS game - rfaulk34 - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 02:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: You can call what you want. I'll take the word of the players and coaches over someone with an axe to grind. 

Good. I'll take the word of my eyes over people that will try and feed me BS. 

RE: Chief's PS game - HarleyDog - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 03:50 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You are way over the top upset about Dalton's touchdown scoring drive.  Yes he underthrew one pass.  It happens.  He made up for it.  He also looked poised and made the O line look competent during that drive.  Did you watch Driskel?  Now if you want to piss and moan about Driskel, I'm right there with you.  But Dalton looked really good for the first preseason game.

No comment on Driskel but agree about AD. He played well.

RE: Chief's PS game - Earendil - 08-12-2019

Man, the arguing around here is just about making this place unbearable.

RE: Chief's PS game - Socal Bengals fan - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 04:20 PM)Earendil Wrote: Man, the arguing around here is just about making this place unbearable.

Watcha expect when the team hasn’t won a playoff game since 1991. And has pretty much the same team that has failed for the last three years. Getting rid of Marvin was a start but this team needs a whole lot more than that.

RE: Chief's PS game - BonnieBengal - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 04:20 PM)Earendil Wrote: Man, the arguing around here is just about making this place unbearable.

It's pretty tame right now, actually.

RE: Chief's PS game - Yojimbo - 08-12-2019

I pointed this out back in the “this year’s record guess” thread, most teams with new coaches, new schemes and new players can take awhile to gel and for the players to react on the field without thinking. I predicted we’d see struggles through at least the 4th game of the season, before the team starts to look good. So, I’m not concerned at all with how the team looks in it’s first preseason game. Again, I predict penalties and blown assignments through at least week 4, before we can really gauge Taylor and this year’s team.

RE: Chief's PS game - Earendil - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 04:24 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Watcha expect when the team hasn’t won a playoff game since 1991. And has pretty much the same team that has failed for the last three years. Getting rid of Marvin was a start but this team needs a whole lot more than that.

I don't disagree, but that doesn't mean we should be turning on each other. Plus it's the same stinking topics. I almost want Andy to retire or leave just so people have someone else to piss and moan about.

(08-12-2019, 04:55 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It's pretty tame right now, actually.

That's the part that scares me.

RE: Chief's PS game - sandwedge - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 05:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I pointed this out back in the “this year’s record guess” thread, most teams with new coaches, new schemes and new players can take awhile to gel and for the players to react on the field without thinking. I predicted we’d see struggles through at least the 4th  game of the season, before the team starts to look good. So, I’m not concerned at all with how the team looks in it’s first preseason game. Again, I predict penalties and blown assignments through at least week 4, before we can really gauge Taylor and this year’s team.

Pretty much my thoughts also. 

RE: Chief's PS game - Synric - 08-12-2019

(08-11-2019, 10:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hobson:

Dalton was terrific in the new scheme on seven of nine passing for 80 yards that included three-for-three on third downs. His one glitch, an underthrow to the wide-open Josh Malone, was an honest mistake. It was a double move, but Malone beat cornerback Bashaud Breeland so quickly on the first move that he didn’t bother with the stutter step and that’s what Dalton was expecting. No problem, next time all Malone has to do is raise his hand a la A.J. Green to let Dalton know he’s in the clear.

A double move explains why the throw was late.

RE: Chief's PS game - Nicomo Cosca - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 06:29 PM)Earendil Wrote: I don't disagree, but that doesn't mean we should be turning on each other. Plus it's the same stinking topics. I almost want Andy to retire or leave just so people have someone else to piss and moan about.

That's the part that scares me.

Had the army not charged in guns blazing over one comment about the under throw it wouldn’t have escalated into yet another Dalton thread. This all started over my original post where on the night of the game I was annoyed with the team in general and I made a LIST of complaints where I thought we were sloppy. Then one of the biggest Dalton homers on the board keyed in on that one part of the post, stirred everything up with a snarky response, causing an exaggeration of what was even originally said, and the rest is history...

I am not going to take the blame on this one, because I wouldn’t even have mentioned that one play in thread again if people wouldn’t have freaked out over it. And it’s obviously going to be the same topics (in general, not necessarily in this thread). Mike Brown, OL, LBers, QB, etc. At least we have something new to discuss now with Taylor as HC.

Also, forgive me, but is it possible some are just always on the defense about anything wrt Dalton? I mean, look at your sig...

RE: Chief's PS game - jj22 - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 03:50 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote:   But Dalton looked really good for the first preseason game.

Coming off of season ending injury doesn't sound like Dalton got much of a honeymoon.

RE: Chief's PS game - Bengalitis - 08-13-2019

What if... just what if  the boards is what brings player morale down. Say What

RE: Chief's PS game - kevin - 08-13-2019

I just gave you rep points for this.   Great comment.   Especially since it is all over an incomplete pass on the first series of the first preseason game that the Bengals scored on that drive anyway.  Not one person has mentioned the Chiefs player made a good tipped ball practice play. Coach Taylor liked this opening drive by Dalton, it was the rest of the game after this that he isn't too happy about.  

Thank you for this post. I earlier called it all being petty.   You say unbearable arguing.   This site is not as bad as the old mother ship Bengals.com Jungle Noise site that was removed.  That site was nothing but Negative.  If Bengals won nobody ever posted, but if Bengals lost everybody came on to put this team down.  It's what they lived for and they were like pigs in mud when it came to going negative.  Now this site is much better, but know that some from that site moved over to this site. Some have left because this site is not as negative. It is to this sites credit that it is not as negative.  Still, 12 pages of crying over one tipped ball in first preseason game is the negatives still pushing the petty to the extreme. 

I have to repeat that the Head Coach liked the opening drive by Dalton and it is the rest of the game he isn't too happy about. 12 pages on the opening drive, which isn't even what the Head Coach is concerned about and he wishes the whole team had played the rest of game as well as the opening drive. Again, Thanks for your post Earendil.

RE: Chief's PS game - Nicomo Cosca - 08-13-2019

[Image: source.gif]

RE: Chief's PS game - yellowxdiscipline - 08-13-2019

(08-12-2019, 03:50 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You are way over the top upset about Dalton's touchdown scoring drive.  Yes he underthrew one pass.  It happens.  He made up for it.  He also looked poised and made the O line look competent during that drive.  Did you watch Driskel?  Now if you want to piss and moan about Driskel, I'm right there with you.  But Dalton looked really good for the first preseason game.

Ive seen enough of Dalton for the preseason. Aside from the Malone underthrow, Andy was efficient moving against the Chiefs 1's provided he was missing a majority of his starting cast on offense (Mixon, AJ, Gio, and Eifert). Finley already has the #2 if you ask me, unless they plan on keeping 3 QB's on the roster.

RE: Chief's PS game - BonnieBengal - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 07:48 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ive seen enough of Dalton for the preseason. Aside from the Malone underthrow, Andy was efficient moving against the Chiefs 1's provided he was missing a majority of his starting cast on offense (Mixon, AJ, Gio, and Eifert). Finley already has the #2 if you ask me, unless they plan on keeping 3 QB's on the roster.

Agree.  Let the others fight it out for backup.  Except Driskel.  Send him packing.  He needs to start working on his non football resume.  

RE: Chief's PS game - SHRacerX - 08-13-2019

(08-12-2019, 08:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I didn't say that you called him slow, or mean to insinuate that you did.  Tate had what was considered a slow 40 time, and many refer to that when making arguments against his viability as a pro.  I, on the other hand, was impressed with the many highly athletic catches that he made in college, and have been quietly pulling for him to emerge as a Bengal weapon.  

So, I guess I should have worded my previous post a little more carefully.

Oh, it's no problem at all....He actually took the offseason to get in really good shape and looks shredded.  He may not have the phone booth quicks of a Ross, but he is a matchup nightmare.  I think he will be given every chance by this staff and he looks to be making the most of it.  I really like the guy.  I'm sure Dalton does, too.